Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2002
1104 posts
428 upvotes
Vancouver
AlexL13255 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 8:21 am
Someone try to sell his PM number to me for $60
What will happen if he call back koodo say something like I steal his PM
number for the promotion?
No one knows what will happen but someone stated earlier in this thread that there is a chance an unauthorized user of code may have order cancelled.

Btw your join date is Sept.4 and your first post is this? Seems fishy, did you "steal" his number to use?
Last edited by brucele on Sep 5th, 2018 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
koodo customer
$55/16gb
$40/8gb
$35/5gb
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18693 posts
6715 upvotes
Toronto
AlexL13255 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 8:21 am
Someone try to sell his PM number to me for $60
What will happen if he call back koodo say something like I steal his PM
number for the promotion?
I guess the situation will be similar to those who buy cell phones on Kijiji and end up with a door wedge that is registered in the blacklist.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB, $28 RBC 5GB promo
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Sep 11, 2012
3 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
So I just noticed this thread and offer. Damn this is nice.
Me and my wife are getting raped by Bell and happy to leave to Koodo for this.

I know I am a little late to the party, as the plan may have expired last night. Hope its been extended.

From what I can gather, the deal is only eligible by having a Public Mobile number correct?
What happens if I sign up to Public with a new number, then complete the migration to Koodo on this plan, then about a month later, port my actual numbers from Bell over to the Koodo plan?

Will that work?
Sep 4, 2018
3 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
brucele wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 8:32 am
No one knows what will happen but someone stated earlier in this thread that there is a chance an unauthorized user of code may have order cancelled.
I just saw someone said if not port PM number to koodo then after 60days will be kicked out of the migration plan.
But anyways if kick me out then I switch to PM loooool.
Aug 2, 2015
235 posts
151 upvotes
Hi guys just wondering if there is any way I can cancel my main line (used new second line for PM plan) WITHOUT calling koodo?

I'm wondering what the cheapest option would be. I.e. make new cheap plan with freedom or PM or something? Anything cheaper ?
Last edited by PeterG684243 on Sep 5th, 2018 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3265 posts
2738 upvotes
Muskoka
So as of now, the code still works. If I remember, the previous code worked for about 12 hours post midnight.

But, as OP, I would like to thank everyone for keeping this thread going as strong as ever. Lots of questions repeated and lots of answers repeated. I have been with RFD for 12 years now, fairly active throughout, and this one thread got me almost 25% of my upvotes. And I made a bit of money on referrals. So thanks
Koodo
Public Mobile
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18693 posts
6715 upvotes
Toronto
Folks, anyone who picked up the $35/5GB plan option inspect their plans after the fact for tab eligibility? In the OP, it was stated that it too possibly qualifies for medium tab. I got my line set up on the weekend. Just for fun, I tried to order a medium tab device and I could not add it to this line. It seems like the $35/5GB plan is only small tab. It is not a big deal. The real deal for cell phones require new activation at Wow, Walmart, Bestbuy, etc. Phone churning and cell plan definitely doesn't go together anyway.
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3265 posts
2738 upvotes
Muskoka
PeterG684243 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 8:46 am
Hi guys just wondering if there is any way I can cancel my main line (used new second line for PM plan) WITHOUT calling koodo?

I'm wondering what the cheapest option would be. I.e. make new cheap plan with freedom or PM or something? Anything cheaper ?
Just port the number out to another service. Public Mobile would be one of the cheapest now.
Last edited by spots01 on Sep 5th, 2018 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1584 posts
957 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 8:48 am
Folks, anyone who picked up the $35/5GB plan option inspect their plans after the fact for tab eligibility? In the OP, it was stated that it too possibly qualifies for medium tab. I got my line set up on the weekend. Just for fun, I tried to order a medium tab device and I could not add it to this line. It seems like the $35/5GB plan is only small tab. It is not a big deal. The real deal for cell phones require new activation at Wow, Walmart, Bestbuy, etc. Phone churning and cell plan definitely doesn't go together anyway.
It could have gone together if you had done it at the time of the migration rather than after.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18693 posts
6715 upvotes
Toronto
spotts01 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 8:47 am
So as of now, the code still works. If I remember, the previous code worked for about 12 hours post midnight.

But, as OP, I would like to thank everyone for keeping this thread going as strong as ever. Lots of questions repeated and lots of answers repeated. I have been with RFD for 12 years now, fairly active throughout, and this one thread got me almost 25% of my upvotes. And I made a bit of money on referrals. So thanks
You have killed it as far as being OP for Koodo/Public Mobile deals. Keep up the good work! I am sure you are drowning in referrals. I hope with Koodo you helped out the needy when thresholds are reached. Prepare for another migration in a couple of months time. No rest for the weary.
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3265 posts
2738 upvotes
Muskoka
will888 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 8:48 am
to test this I ordered a medium tab phone to my cart, added the promo, and then both plans appeared with the phone. I didn't go any further
Koodo
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2060 posts
341 upvotes
Gta
I haven’t been paying much attention to this thread since I migrated last March when the offer as 40 for 6 g....from what I’ve read from the last bunch of pages...some people have been successful in getting Koodo to cut the same deal for exciting customers....is that right? Is the offer still on? Can anyone confirm?
Koodo member
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15306 posts
2211 upvotes
Toronto
queenofhearts wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 8:54 am
I haven’t been paying much attention to this thread since I migrated last March when the offer as 40 for 6 g....from what I’ve read from the last bunch of pages...some people have been successful in getting Koodo to cut the same deal for exciting customers....is that right? Is the offer still on? Can anyone confirm?
Some people were able to change to the $35/5 or $40/8 plan, some got some extra data for free, some got a tab credit, some got a bill credit.
May 20, 2017
521 posts
157 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP for all your hard work, keep it up ,we need few more people like you Thumbs Up SignClapping Hands Sign hats off