Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Nov 12, 2014
775 posts
520 upvotes
Kingston, ON
remik wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 6:20 am
My port from postpaid to prepaid back to postpaid took approx 15mins.
Same.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1886 posts
1258 upvotes
Ottawa
wookie wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 8:12 am
Anyone confirm you can switch over to Koodo; get new phone on tab (med or large) and still receive $180 bill credits?
Seems to indicate if you get phone you forfeit bill credits.
I got a phone on medium tab when I signed up for this deal on Aug 25. At the beginning of September I got my first bill and it included the $180 credits (i.e., it showed the first of 12 x $15 credit).
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1886 posts
1258 upvotes
Ottawa
no8t4 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 8:13 am
Does anyone know what specific plan (if any) you need to be with on PM to get a migration offer from Koodo?
Do the migration offers depend on your PM plan?
Nobody knows for sure - this deal seems to be targeted at $40 plans (see the notes in the thread summary here), I can't remember who the last deal targeted (but I think it was similarly-priced plans). As far as I know, your odds are really low of getting an offer like this while on the $10 plan. There was a separate offer for a 1GB plan that went out to people on PM's $30/500MB plan.

All that to say - nothing's for sure but they seem to give offers that are tailored to the size of plan you're already on. Personally, I think if you want an offer like this in the future, your best bet is to move the line you regularly use over to PM on a plan that suits your needs, and then wait for the next Koodo offer.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2002
1356 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
Is the iphone 6S gift card deal still on at Bestbuy or walmart or wow? I am thinking I might do this tonight.
[#[_]#]
[+[_]::]
Jan 27, 2007
640 posts
471 upvotes
cappaj wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 8:19 am
I got a phone on medium tab when I signed up for this deal on Aug 25. At the beginning of September I got my first bill and it included the $180 credits (i.e., it showed the first of 12 x $15 credit).
It's weird you already got your first bill. I ordered Aug 11, activated Aug 16, and still waiting for my first bill. All zeros on website. I guess my cycle aligned with my activation date from day 1, so my first bill will have 2 full months of charges.
Jan 19, 2007
538 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
cappaj wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 8:25 am
Nobody knows for sure - this deal seems to be targeted at $40 plans (see the notes in the thread summary here), I can't remember who the last deal targeted (but I think it was similarly-priced plans). As far as I know, your odds are really low of getting an offer like this while on the $10 plan. There was a separate offer for a 1GB plan that went out to people on PM's $30/500MB plan.

All that to say - nothing's for sure but they seem to give offers that are tailored to the size of plan you're already on. Personally, I think if you want an offer like this in the future, your best bet is to move the line you regularly use over to PM on a plan that suits your needs, and then wait for the next Koodo offer.
Hey, thanks for this -- Looks like the best option is to do as you suggested. Then I suppose I run the risk of not getting an offer. But then again, it's not like my current plan is stellar anyway. Just slightly better than in-market plans. I guess I'll port my number over to the $40 plan.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28844 posts
14655 upvotes
Ottawa
Zaptor99 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 8:34 am
It's weird you already got your first bill. I ordered Aug 11, activated Aug 16, and still waiting for my first bill. All zeros on website. I guess my cycle aligned with my activation date from day 1, so my first bill will have 2 full months of charges.
It appears those that signed up in store, already received their first bill.
Sep 11, 2012
3 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
I know you have to have a PM promo code/phone number to get this plan.

I have read that some people are taking the leap of faith and activating as new number instead online, SIM only and will then port over their NON PM number after the fact.

My question is this.
How did they place an order online for the SIM CARD because when it asks for the promo code, which you need to enter for the plan, but once you do, its still asking for the PM number or validation code. How are you getting around this if you don't have one?
Jun 30, 2013
597 posts
244 upvotes
GTA
wookie wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 8:12 am
Anyone confirm you can switch over to Koodo; get new phone on tab (med or large) and still receive $180 bill credits?
Seems to indicate if you get phone you forfeit bill credits.
Nope, bill credits are there, even if you get a phone (In store)
I only response to real deals, otherwise I am blank
  1. Koodo 40/8 Line 1
  2. PM 50/8 N/American Talk Line 3
  3. Koodo 40.5/8 Line 2
  4. Koodo 40/8 Line 4

Self Referral Tips for Koodo - https://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-3 ... #p29790634
Jun 30, 2013
597 posts
244 upvotes
GTA
justincredable wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 8:38 am

I have read that some people are taking the leap of faith and activating as new number instead online, SIM only and will then port over their NON PM number after the fact.

My question is this.
How did they place an order online for the SIM CARD because when it asks for the promo code, which you need to enter for the plan, but once you do, its still asking for the PM number or validation code. How are you getting around this if you don't have one?
Someone buy it out of BST, KIJIJI etc, someone borrows from friends who don't want to avail the promo, etc etc
I only response to real deals, otherwise I am blank
  1. Koodo 40/8 Line 1
  2. PM 50/8 N/American Talk Line 3
  3. Koodo 40.5/8 Line 2
  4. Koodo 40/8 Line 4

Self Referral Tips for Koodo - https://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-3 ... #p29790634
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1495 posts
798 upvotes
Ottawa
pazivai wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 8:40 am
Nope, bill credits are there, even if you get a phone (In store)
Confirmed got the credits on both lines with a small tab iPhone 6 and medium tab iPhone 6s both on the 40/8gb plan
Nov 10, 2009
730 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto, ON
justincredable wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 8:38 am

My question is this.
System only asks for your(or someone else's) PM number for validation. It does not force you to port it when you order online. They expect you to do it after you receive your sim and activation email=loop hole
Koodo $40/6GB, $35/5GB
Public Mobile customer
Rogers 500u - $30
Mar 13, 2005
119 posts
6 upvotes
Montreal
I ordered a SIM on august 25th. The day after, I got a confirmation email but I did not still received my SIM nor a shipping or activation email... Should I wait a little bit longer before contacting them?
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
1334 posts
640 upvotes
Toronto
I'm sure some variation of this has already been asked but I can't easily find the answer, please help me out.

Background
My order was cancelled due to Koodoo being unable to verify my credit file information. For context, I work at a Bank, I have access to my information from Equifax and TransUnion. I can literally copy-paste into Koodoo's online application but something must have been missing a space (or adding a space on their end). I assume it's an easy fix but the only option they give me is to go in-store and pay the $30 signup fee to have someone do it for you (per the e-mail they sent me). So my questions:

1. If I go into the store, is there any way to get them to credit me back the $30 fee? I'm sure I'll get no answers about what was wrong and it seems unfair for me to have to pay their admin fee when the error is really on their side. If I was given a call or at least told what exactly mismatched, I could easily fix it by providing them the info they need, but they're not giving me that option. Has anyone successfully gotten them to refund you the $30 fee or heard of anything like it?

2. Does self-referral work at Koodo? And if so, how? After I get this line at Koodo, I'm thinking of adding another line (that way both my number and my wife's are on Koodo) but I would still want to be eligible for referral credits as well as future promotions. Can you get referral credits for an additional line when most of the info is the same (e.g. name, address) with the exception of the actual phone number and credit card used for payment?
Sep 5, 2018
14 posts
I didnt receive any code from PM ... can I port my number with the same deal? i got to renew my account with pm in the next couple day so it could be a nice thing to do

thanks for your help