Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
25497 posts
3699 upvotes
Hamilton
TerenceD69626 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 9:02 am
I didnt receive any code from PM ... can I port my number with the same deal? i got to renew my account with pm in the next couple day so it could be a nice thing to do

thanks for your help
Try plugging the code and your PM number in koodo. See if it works?
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Dec 22, 2003
521 posts
84 upvotes
Mississauga
Apologize if this has been asked before ( I searched the thread and can't find anything - surprised), but the plans $35/5G and $40/8G, are those LTE or 3G?
Nov 10, 2009
730 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Alexandero2 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 8:54 am
I'm sure some variation of this has already been asked but I can't easily find the answer, please help me out.

Background
My order was cancelled due to Koodoo being unable to verify my credit file information. For context, I work at a Bank, I have access to my information from Equifax and TransUnion. I can literally copy-paste into Koodoo's online application but something must have been missing a space (or adding a space on their end). I assume it's an easy fix but the only option they give me is to go in-store and pay the $30 signup fee to have someone do it for you (per the e-mail they sent me). So my questions:

1. If I go into the store, is there any way to get them to credit me back the $30 fee? I'm sure I'll get no answers about what was wrong and it seems unfair for me to have to pay their admin fee when the error is really on their side. If I was given a call or at least told what exactly mismatched, I could easily fix it by providing them the info they need, but they're not giving me that option. Has anyone successfully gotten them to refund you the $30 fee or heard of anything like it?

2. Does self-referral work at Koodo? And if so, how? After I get this line at Koodo, I'm thinking of adding another line (that way both my number and my wife's are on Koodo) but I would still want to be eligible for referral credits as well as future promotions. Can you get referral credits for an additional line when most of the info is the same (e.g. name, address) with the exception of the actual phone number and credit card used for payment?
1. You will get $30 activation credited back in your second or third bill

2. step 1 - You sign up for referral account so that you can refer others
step 2 - Send a referral to your different email address
step 3 - Redeem your referral BEFORE signing for new account
step 4 - Sign up in-store for a new koodo account
step 5 - After you receive your new number, complete the last step by providing your new koodo number by following the link in email afteryour step 3

Edit - For your first line though, you need to find your own referral
Last edited by yogiz on Sep 7th, 2018 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo $40/6GB, $35/5GB
Public Mobile customer
Rogers 500u - $30
Sep 11, 2012
3 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
DaddyKap wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 9:03 am
Apologize if this has been asked before ( I searched the thread and can't find anything - surprised), but the plans $35/5G and $40/8G, are those LTE or 3G?
LTE
Aug 2, 2015
235 posts
151 upvotes
For anyone who got a plan different then the one they ordered. How did they fix it ?
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1886 posts
1258 upvotes
Ottawa
no8t4 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 8:36 am
Hey, thanks for this -- Looks like the best option is to do as you suggested. Then I suppose I run the risk of not getting an offer. But then again, it's not like my current plan is stellar anyway. Just slightly better than in-market plans. I guess I'll port my number over to the $40 plan.
Like you said, the nice thing about this is while you're with Public Mobile, you're going to save money anyways. If you didn't know already - there's a promo that's on until Sept. 13 - get a current PM customer to refer you and sign up online, and you get a $25 referral credit (instead of the regular $10 referral credit - and your referrer then gets a $25 credit too, which is nice for them!).

public-mobile-merged-refer-friend-promo ... s-2210470/

Hard part of signing up online is getting a SIM card without any hassle from a retailer. If you're going to buy from Walmart/London Drugs/WOW/K-Mobile - make sure you call ahead to confirm they'll sell you just the SIM, and not require you to sign up in store. Or you can order the SIM online - it should arrive in 3-5 business days, but sometimes they take longer, so you might be cutting it close for the referral promotion, if you're planning to take advantage of it.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Aug 6, 2012
13 posts
10 upvotes
Oakville
Has anyone who didn't port the eligible PM number gotten their first bill yet? $180 credit there?
Jun 30, 2013
597 posts
244 upvotes
GTA
Alexandero2 wrote: I'm sure some variation of this has already been asked but I can't easily find the answer, please help me out.

Background
My order was cancelled due to Koodoo being unable to verify my credit file information. For context, I work at a Bank, I have access to my information from Equifax and TransUnion. I can literally copy-paste into Koodoo's online application but something must have been missing a space (or adding a space on their end). I assume it's an easy fix but the only option they give me is to go in-store and pay the $30 signup fee to have someone do it for you (per the e-mail they sent me). So my questions:

1. If I go into the store, is there any way to get them to credit me back the $30 fee? I'm sure I'll get no answers about what was wrong and it seems unfair for me to have to pay their admin fee when the error is really on their side. If I was given a call or at least told what exactly mismatched, I could easily fix it by providing them the info they need, but they're not giving me that option. Has anyone successfully gotten them to refund you the $30 fee or heard of anything like it?

2. Does self-referral work at Koodo? And if so, how? After I get this line at Koodo, I'm thinking of adding another line (that way both my number and my wife's are on Koodo) but I would still want to be eligible for referral credits as well as future promotions. Can you get referral credits for an additional line when most of the info is the same (e.g. name, address) with the exception of the actual phone number and credit card used for payment?
You will get your credit for $30 but you may have to call back after getting first bill.

For self referral you need to create your credentials and then you can refer others
I only response to real deals, otherwise I am blank
  1. Koodo 40/8 Line 1
  2. PM 50/8 N/American Talk Line 3
  3. Koodo 40.5/8 Line 2
  4. Koodo 40/8 Line 4

Self Referral Tips for Koodo - https://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-3 ... #p29790634
Nov 10, 2009
730 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto, ON
PeterG684243 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 9:05 am
For anyone who got a plan different then the one they ordered. How did they fix it ?
Call the koodo webstore. They will fix it for ya if you used valid phone number(validation code)
Koodo $40/6GB, $35/5GB
Public Mobile customer
Rogers 500u - $30
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2006
1359 posts
240 upvotes
Kinna scared of switching b/c they might just jack up the price. Unlike PM when they promise to nvr jack up the price of 12g for 3mnth deal. What do you rfders think?
Support the #LENOVOSUCKS Social Media Campaign! Tweet @Lenovo & @Lenovo_Canada #LENOVOSUCKS + Post at facebook.com/lenovo
- Part of the 2014 - #LENOVOSUCKS movement -
Dec 22, 2003
521 posts
84 upvotes
Mississauga
justincredable wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 9:05 am
LTE
Thank you. Feels like finally the time to switch over all 3 of my PM plans ($40/12GB over 3 months /LTE) plans. I am about half-way of the 3 month cycle now so just going to bite the dust. I should be able to use the referral credits as well, right? (between my 3 lines)
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18714 posts
6734 upvotes
Toronto
Sand wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 8:52 am
I ordered a SIM on august 25th. The day after, I got a confirmation email but I did not still received my SIM nor a shipping or activation email... Should I wait a little bit longer before contacting them?
The lead time for getting the shipping email is between 7-10 days, activation email to follow 2-3 days after shipping. If you have waited that long and are way anxious, go ahead and call them. It goes without saying, don't call them if you are not playing by the rules.
Last edited by will888 on Sep 7th, 2018 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB, $28 RBC 5GB promo
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Sep 5, 2018
14 posts
yao416 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 9:03 am
Try plugging the code and your PM number in koodo. See if it works?
tried with code and how to do it on the first page and with my phone number from PM and its say invalid number/code. i just tried during wtiting this message and im blooked for 3 days on my computer (tried it on my ipad and still saying; verification code not valid) they ask for a verification code/public mobile phone number
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18714 posts
6734 upvotes
Toronto
TerenceD69626 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 9:18 am
tried with code and how to do it on the first page and with my phone number from PM and its say invalid number/code. i just tried during wtiting this message and im blooked for 3 days on my computer (tried it on my ipad and still saying; verification code not valid) they ask for a verification code/public mobile phone number
Has it occurred to you that perhaps you were not targeted and so your number is not eligible for this offer? Hammering the system with the same ineligible phone number over and over again won't change the results. It will get you locked out.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB, $28 RBC 5GB promo
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
May 22, 2007
879 posts
113 upvotes
emjhay wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 9:13 am
Kinna scared of switching b/c they might just jack up the price. Unlike PM when they promise to nvr jack up the price of 12g for 3mnth deal. What do you rfders think?
It was mentioned many many times on the various Koodo threads that historically, Koodo has never raised their post-plan prices.