Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2020 11:17 am
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2007
1479 posts
1645 upvotes
bilodeau1 wrote: I'm curious if anyone who ordered recently had to wait long for the activation email after the shipped email.

I ordered online, then had order confirmation a day later. The shipped email came a few days after that. When should I expect the activation email?
Within a day or 2 of receiving the sim if everything goes well.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29539 posts
20458 upvotes
pipes_0 wrote: Did anyone got their plan cancelled because they didnt port in their PM number? This is after the activation is complete and the temp koodo number is active
Why do you ask? Did it happen to you? If your read some of the discussions, only the anxious ones that talk to customer service get screwed.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29539 posts
20458 upvotes
McLaren__F1 wrote: Probably a day or two after you received your SIM. If you are impatient you can call and ask
And only if you can port the actual eligible number should you let anxiety get in the way of wise judgement. Otherwise what's the big deal waiting for things to happen naturally?
Last edited by will888 on Sep 20th, 2018 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 8, 2004
95 posts
62 upvotes
will888 wrote: What are you trying to do? You are looking for Public Mobile credit going to Koodo?
I was calling Koodo, when I signed up, my monthly bill was quoted at $28/month, but after I ported my number, my bill is showing $42/month
Dec 2, 2005
88 posts
6 upvotes
will888 wrote: Why do you ask? Did it happen to you? If your read some of the discussions, only the anxious ones that talk to customer service get screwed.
It hasn't happen to me but a rep helped me get the plan and he told me to make sure i port else they will cancel my plan. The other members got their plans cancelled when they tried to activate. Luckily my plan is already activated but im hoping they don't cancel my plan and bill me for their used service
Jun 30, 2013
676 posts
266 upvotes
GTA
pipes_0 wrote: It hasn't happen to me but a rep helped me get the plan and he told me to make sure i port else they will cancel my plan. The other members got their plans cancelled when they tried to activate. Luckily my plan is already activated but im hoping they don't cancel my plan and bill me for their used service
So far we did not hear anything like cancelling, however, we heard few instances for saying the same thing by activation/CSR team. I f you are in too much tension, activate another $ 10 plan in PM, and port that # in. But, so far, as we know, thats not necessary
I only response to real deals, otherwise I am blank
Self Referral Tips for Koodo - Click here...
Edited by the RFD Moderation Team due to the 4 line limit
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
andvruss wrote: I was calling Koodo, when I signed up, my monthly bill was quoted at $28/month, but after I ported my number, my bill is showing $42/month
The monthly credit is going to be applied by the second bill.
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻
Mar 4, 2009
237 posts
86 upvotes
McLaren__F1 wrote: Try resetting your network settings.
If it prompts to update carrier press yes
Worked perfectly. Thank you!

btw for those wondering..with my tests, there wasn't a huge difference between 3G and LTE using Koodo. The difference between 3G and LTE was much bigger when I was with Bell
Nov 8, 2004
95 posts
62 upvotes
pooper wrote: The monthly credit is going to be applied by the second bill.
Ah, I seemed to have missed that, thanks!
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3526 posts
1871 upvotes
GTA
thainguyen16 wrote: Tried searching the thread but couldn't find anything related to this. I'm trying to port my Koodo number to prepaid so I can port it back to the plan I have now, but when I try to port it, I keep getting the message: "The number you entered is invalid. Please check to ensure you’ve entered the number correctly. If you continue to receive this message, call 1-866-99-Koodo for assistance."

My current number is still active with Koodo and I tried clearing my cache and what not so I'm not sure what the issue. Anyone else run into this issue?
Use a different browser
I love RFD! :)
Dec 13, 2012
110 posts
60 upvotes
yo2boy wrote: Use a different browser
Tried with Firefox, Chrome and IE. Not sure what's up, I guess I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
11102 posts
6746 upvotes
Toronto
thainguyen16 wrote: Tried with Firefox, Chrome and IE. Not sure what's up, I guess I'll give them a call tomorrow.
The Koodo porting department is open late, maybe you can try giving them a call. 1-844-232-7678
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29539 posts
20458 upvotes
andvruss wrote: I was calling Koodo, when I signed up, my monthly bill was quoted at $28/month, but after I ported my number, my bill is showing $42/month
I get it, the $15 monthly credit disappeared. It has been mentioned that the credit is tied to the original phone number. A number change will require an agent to re-add the credit.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29539 posts
20458 upvotes
pipes_0 wrote: It hasn't happen to me but a rep helped me get the plan and he told me to make sure i port else they will cancel my plan. The other members got their plans cancelled when they tried to activate. Luckily my plan is already activated but im hoping they don't cancel my plan and bill me for their used service
What did you do? Port the eligible number or just any number?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2575 posts
2827 upvotes
HailHydra wrote: I actually got a rep that wanted to help me, but needed a phone number of someone else who got it successfully done so she can just copy what the other rep did on their account.

If anyone who was successful in going from 6GB to 8GB can PM me with their cell number, I can give it to my rep who will just copy what they did on the account.

I'd be eternally grateful. My rep will call me back tomorrow. Thanks!
Same here someone let me know. I'll try and change 6GB to 8GB
Dec 2, 2005
88 posts
6 upvotes
will888 wrote: What did you do? Port the eligible number or just any number?
I didn't port my PM number as i still want to keep it. I have the temp koodo number attached to the $40/8 plan. The rep told me i must port and he will be checking. Im just curious if this is something they had enforce after the fact that the plan was activated.
Jun 30, 2013
676 posts
266 upvotes
GTA
pipes_0 wrote: I didn't port my PM number as i still want to keep it. I have the temp koodo number attached to the $40/8 plan. The rep told me i must port and he will be checking. Im just curious if this is something they had enforce after the fact that the plan was activated.
Koodo - The Enforcer, That movie is still not in the Cineplex. Otherwise so many OOP plan would have been eliminated by now.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29539 posts
20458 upvotes
pipes_0 wrote: I didn't port my PM number as i still want to keep it. I have the temp koodo number attached to the $40/8 plan. The rep told me i must port and he will be checking. Im just curious if this is something they had enforce after the fact that the plan was activated.
I see, but how did you end up being on the watch list. It is well discussed in this thread and previous migration offer threads that when doing online orders, there wasn't any problems with not porting or porting any number. I doubt that you are being watched unless you really pissed off that rep and he has a score to settle. If you want to show a port, then just sign up for a basic $10 plan with Public Mobile and port the number in. Unless the rep goes one step further and does forensics on what eligible number was used to sign up the account, you should be able to get by.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29539 posts
20458 upvotes
pazivai wrote: Koodo - The Enforcer, That movie is still not in the Cineplex. Otherwise so many OOP plan would have been eliminated by now.
This movie lacks a cast and a producer.
Jun 30, 2013
676 posts
266 upvotes
GTA
will888 wrote: This movie lacks a cast and a producer.
Definitely, the budget would have exceeded 10 time than that of the expected revenue, or 10 times equivalent of revenue loss to Koodo. As you said earlier, and we also reiterated, none should push the panic button, or talk much on this issue to the CSR