Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Nov 19, 2008
108 posts
46 upvotes
Thornhill
For those who aren't sure if you're still getting the $180 back, please be patient. The final confirmation email will come through once you've activated your account.

- I ordered 2 lines with my 2 PM #'s.
- Both orders were processed with the initial $180 showing with a credit of $15 off (for the next 12 months) in the cart and disappeared once it was processed (or in the final few steps of completing the order). Plan detail did not show $180 port in bonus.
- SIM cards finally arrived in 1 week time followed with the activation emails in the next 2 few days.
- Registered referral step.
- Activated both accounts.
- Ported #'s to both accounts (20 mins wait).
- Completed referral final steps.
- Received referral confirmation ($50....basically $10 credit for the next 5 months) next day.
- Finally received the $180 port in bonus (2 days after accounts were created).

Just be patient and hopefully your $180 will be processed (after a few days of your account activation). Good luck and ENJOY!! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
8897 posts
1638 upvotes
Toronto
Qtips2008 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2018 8:41 pm
For those who aren't sure if you're still getting the $180 back, please be patient. The final confirmation email will come through once you've activated your account.

- I ordered 2 lines with my 2 PM #'s.
- Both orders were processed with the initial $180 showing with a credit of $15 off (for the next 12 months) in the cart and disappeared once it was processed (or in the final few steps of completing the order). Plan detail did not show $180 port in bonus.
- SIM cards finally arrived in 1 week time followed with the activation emails in the next 2 few days.
- Registered referral step.
- Activated both accounts.
- Ported #'s to both accounts (20 mins wait).
- Completed referral final steps.
- Received referral confirmation ($50....basically $10 credit for the next 5 months) next day.
- Finally received the $180 port in bonus (2 days after accounts were created).

Just be patient and hopefully your $180 will be processed (after a few days of your account activation). Good luck and ENJOY!! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Did you choose new number or port existing number?
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2008
1124 posts
201 upvotes
End of nowhere
chinesedevil wrote:
Sep 11th, 2018 8:43 pm
Did you choose new number or port existing number?
"- Ported #'s to both accounts", I am taking it as port both PM numbers.
Sep 1, 2018
53 posts
6 upvotes
dragonc wrote:
Sep 11th, 2018 8:55 pm
"- Ported #'s to both accounts", I am taking it as port both PM numbers.
When you receive your SIM card make sure you don’t register the account and don’t port in the number before you register the referral. To ensure the referral goes to your ported number.
Jul 4, 2009
330 posts
55 upvotes
Mississauga
Can you get this plan from if you already changed too the 6GB promotion plan from months ago?
Apr 26, 2007
577 posts
39 upvotes
rumtillidie wrote:
Sep 11th, 2018 9:13 pm
Can you get this plan from if you already changed too the 6GB promotion plan from months ago?
Some users have been sucessful. They had to call in but have had to call many times. Try it.
Thank my post if it helped!
Nov 21, 2015
48 posts
8 upvotes
I got my activation email but the phone phone number is not my Public mobile number.

-how do I port my PM number over to koodo?

-what phone number should I enter for the referral? The one on the activation email?
Oct 14, 2004
707 posts
120 upvotes
Victoria
Almost what I expected on my first bill. This was the first indication I was getting the $15 x 12 credit other than on the very first plan selection screen I could see when signing up at Walmart. Nothing on my printed contract documentation, and no email validation.

Will need to see if $30 credit for connection fee is credited on month 2 or 3.
Also, I should have $50 referral at $10 per month, but I see from the validation email that I should: "Please allow 8 weeks for the first credit to appear in your account."
Monthly charges
$10.00 Tab Charge
-$15.00 $15 P2P Credit 12 months*
$30.00 Connection Fee
$35.00 $35 5GB Unltd min Plan SFD

Additional data $7/100MB SFD
Shock-free Data 5GB
Unlimited SMS and MMS

Partial charges
$9.33 $35 5GB Unltd min Plan SFD (Sep 02 To Sep 09)

$10.12 Taxes
$79.45 Billed total
Nov 19, 2008
108 posts
46 upvotes
Thornhill
I chose "Port existing number" on the application page. However, they mailed me both new #'s.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
2482 posts
1640 upvotes
No Bum Deals
MikeyCanuck wrote:
Sep 11th, 2018 9:28 pm
"Please allow 8 weeks for the first credit to appear in your account."
Yup. They make you sweat it out. Keeps you with them for 7+ months.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 [both FREE] | 1x Koodo 40/6 [paying $15] | 1x Fido Data 15/3 [FREE - Free GPad] 🢀
Jan 27, 2007
611 posts
432 upvotes
jiguana wrote:
Sep 11th, 2018 9:26 pm
I got my activation email but the phone phone number is not my Public mobile number.

-how do I port my PM number over to koodo?

-what phone number should I enter for the referral? The one on the activation email?
Use the activation emails to open a Koodo self serve account. You can then port online.
After port is successful, use the ported number to complete the referral process.
Nov 23, 2010
990 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
From what I read in this thread recently, it sounds like there is no confirmed end date to the current offer - Though one user did mention that Sept 27th is the best guess right now

Does anyone have a confirmed end date for this offer now? Or is what I mentioned above the "latest" news?

I just ordered a Public Mobile SIM card and am trying to time out when to activate on a new plan. I rather activate closer to the end of this offer, so I hopefully have more overlap into the next offer period
Nov 21, 2015
48 posts
8 upvotes
Zaptor99 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2018 9:37 pm
Use the activation emails to open a Koodo self serve account. You can then port online.
After port is successful, use the ported number to complete the referral process.
Thanks.

On the service agreement there's a "Agreement Effective Date" which is dated today, do you know if this is the date they start charging your account, even if you don't activate, or do they start charging you when you actually activate the account by logging onto selfserve?
Jan 27, 2007
611 posts
432 upvotes
jiguana wrote:
Sep 11th, 2018 10:01 pm
Thanks.

On the service agreement there's a "Agreement Effective Date" which is dated today, do you know if this is the date they start charging your account, even if you don't activate, or do they start charging you when you actually activate the account by logging onto selfserve?
Yes, they charge you as of that date, whether you create a self servee account or not. And whether you port or not. And Remeber, once you port, your PM account is closed automatically and you can't log in to that anymore.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1014 posts
404 upvotes
Talamasca wrote:
Sep 11th, 2018 8:30 pm
The JOINKOODOAUGDATA promo code wasn't working when I just tried it online. Is it in-store only now?

I don't know why I don't get texted these offers from PM. I've been with them for a couple years now and am on the a $120/12GB/3 month plan with them.
Try another browser. The code itself doesn't work or your phone #?
Did you reply stop to offers?
Bell Loyalty (or unloyalty) could only offer me a plan that was MORE than my pretty bad current plan $55/2GB Boyd ... 15 year customer... bye Bell. Hello Koodo and public mobile