Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2019 9:08 am
Jan 25, 2017
70 posts
41 upvotes
giaboni wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 8:02 pm
I am happy with my $120 for 90 day plan with 12 GB of data with Public Mobile and with all my referrals and other rewards I am down to $33 per month with 4GB of data per month and unlike Koodo which I am POSITIVE will jack up the price a year or two later, this plan with Public Mobile price is fixed as long as you remain with Public Mobile.

How do we know this? Public Mobile once tried to force us out and increase our price, and they received thousands of complaints within 24 hours which were sent to the CRTC where Public Mobile customers proved that the price of their plans would be valid and would NEVER increase as long as you remain with Public Mobile and Public Mobile Management within 24 hours of those complaints sent all of us "I am sorry for trying to screw you letter, you can still remain with Public Mobile at the same price and you do not need to switch to Koodo".

Reality is, all Telus (who owns both Public Mobile and Koodo) care about is making their Telus shareholders happy so getting switched into Koodo makes more sense when we talk about cash flow. They honestly can keep that Koodo plan and shove it up you know where as don't expect it to be $35.00 for 8 GB or $40.00 for 10 GB monthly for a very long time. There is a reason why there are giving you a 180 dollar bill credit too which is to offset Koodo's huge price increase on these plans which I believe will happen within 18 months of switching since there is nothing written that these Koodo plans will remain at this price (which they won't).
Can you point to one instance where Koodo tried to raise the price of a subscribed plan?
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
2429 posts
419 upvotes
You're way too paranoid. Koodo has never raised prices on plans. People are always grandfathered. NEW plans may have price increases but I have never seen customers have their
existing plans increased or changed. I've been a Telus/Koodo/Public client for 20 years!

giaboni wrote:
I am happy with my $120 for 90 day plan with 12 GB of data with Public Mobile and with all my referrals and other rewards I am down to $33 per month with 4GB of data per month and unlike Koodo which I am POSITIVE will jack up the price a year or two later, this plan with Public Mobile price is fixed as long as you remain with Public Mobile.

How do we know this? Public Mobile once tried to force us out and increase our price, and they received thousands of complaints within 24 hours which were sent to the CRTC where Public Mobile customers proved that the price of their plans would be valid and would NEVER increase as long as you remain with Public Mobile and Public Mobile Management within 24 hours of those complaints sent all of us "I am sorry for trying to screw you letter, you can still remain with Public Mobile at the same price and you do not need to switch to Koodo".

Reality is, all Telus (who owns both Public Mobile and Koodo) care about is making their Telus shareholders happy so getting switched into Koodo makes more sense when we talk about cash flow. They honestly can keep that Koodo plan and shove it up you know where as don't expect it to be $35.00 for 8 GB or $40.00 for 10 GB monthly for a very long time. There is a reason why there are giving you a 180 dollar bill credit too which is to offset Koodo's huge price increase on these plans which I believe will happen within 18 months of switching since there is nothing written that these Koodo plans will remain at this price (which they won't).
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
3348 posts
449 upvotes
Hamilton
YorkIT wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 4:56 pm
I believe the $300 GC is on tab large, and not tab medium if I'm not mistaken.

These plans are only eligible for small, medium and byod.
Any gc for tab MED at all??
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8078 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
giaboni wrote:

I was actually on Koodo for the longest time before I moved over to the "infamous" PM plan (according to them). I had the out of province $55/5GB, then $48/5GB and they had ALL the reasons to take away my plan or raise my prices, but never did. Also Koodo historically tend not raise monthly plans as much as add-on prices more (e.g. the Easy Roam daily fee). They just bombard you with "deals" for you to take a phone and a higher monthly plan.
Last edited by ToniCipriani on Aug 24th, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
1981 posts
1977 upvotes
shutterbug wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 8:06 pm
You're way too paranoid. Koodo has never raised prices on plans. People are always grandfathered. NEW plans may have price increases but I have never seen customers have their
existing plans increased or changed. I've been a Telus/Koodo/Public client for 20 years!
I don't think Koodo has raised prices but I had a customer come in last week and they raised his Telus bill by $10/month with the generic "oh this is because we want to continue providing you with great service"
He had some garbage $64 1GB plan with local minutes and somehow still got a $10 increase
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Aug 7, 2001
623 posts
52 upvotes
YYZ / YVR
Just to share my story:

I signed up for the 8gb/$45 plan from a couple of weeks ago. I called Koodo and waited on hold for 1 hour and 57 minutes. After asking the CSR to change to the 8gb/$40 plan, he changed it in about 2 minutes. He did not put me on hold, he didn't tell me he couldn't do it, he did not forward my call to a manager/supervisor. He said right away that he could do it and did it on the spot for me.

I then asked about the $180 credit and he went through all his computer screens, my customer notes, etc, and at one point I thought he was going to give me the credit. But in the end, I didn't want to push it, since he mentioned that he didn't see any notes on my file (which apparently there should have been since I signed up for the Public Mobile -> Koodo migration plan).

Other than the hold, the phone call was quite painless. Thanks OP and everyone else for the tips and help!
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1292 posts
607 upvotes
H8TR wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 8:04 pm
The $180 credit does apply to BYOD. I went SIM only and confirmed over the phone that I do have $180 in bill credits.
He means it is not *required* to BYOD
It will show as Tab discount if you buy a device
Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
1078 posts
685 upvotes
"Your session expired due to inactivity." getting this trying to signup!
Apr 10, 2015
137 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto, ON
As tempting as this offer is, I'm not going to switch. I'm paying $99 every 90 days (after auto-pay, referral, loyalty credits) for 12GB and I have never gone over.

Besides, Koodo over the long run will only increase the price of the plan.

With PM over the long run, my bills will continue to decrease with the loyalty bonus as they pretty much cannot raise the price or change the plan.
Dec 9, 2001
4 posts
All I know is I am with Telus for Cable and Internet and there is a price increase at least once per year so I am basing my comments from this.
Dec 9, 2001
4 posts
I have a better idea....get me something in writing from Koodo Support that these plan prices will be fixed for remaining of the plan as long as you are a Koodo customer. The answer is you won't be able too. Prices will go up, mark my words.
Jul 11, 2014
5 posts
1 upvote
Kitchener, ON
My $10 PM number along with my Zoomer number I ported into PM on an upgraded $40 / 4.5 GB plan 5 days both don't work with this promo.
Last edited by defiantx on Aug 24th, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 24, 2016
624 posts
568 upvotes
iverge wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 8:20 pm
As tempting as this offer is, I'm not going to switch. I'm paying $99 every 90 days (after auto-pay, referral, loyalty credits) for 12GB and I have never gone over.

With PM over the long run, my bills will continue to decrease with the loyalty bonus as they pretty much cannot raise the price or change the plan.
I will say this though. If you want a new phone koodo does provide some pretty sweet deals on phones time to time. Sometimes you can get the plan on a new activation but some deals are for current offers only.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
26422 posts
12552 upvotes
Ottawa
iverge wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 8:20 pm

Then we will port back and get the $40/4G plan and also enjoy autopay and referral credits, further reducing the monthly price plan.