Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2020 11:17 am
Dec 25, 2015
79 posts
60 upvotes
Markham, ON
The promo code works, however the validation code (my phone number) is not being accepted. I am still on the 2016 $40/4GB Public Mobile promo and I have received multiple texts to switch (the latest being switch by Sep 30th). The September 30th deadline really was the real deadline. Oh well.
Fido 3GB/$0 + TextNow App = Free Unlimited Global Texting/NA Calling
FreePhoneLine + Obi200 = Free Unlimited Canada-Wide Home Phone
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10544 posts
4141 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone get their 2nd bill account balance who ordered online yet? Mine not showing the 15$ fak.
Aug 26, 2018
49 posts
16 upvotes
Nanamio, BC
Yes just came in showing as $15 P2P Credit 12 months*.

Oddly not getting my referral credits on this bill though even though I received separate email yesterday that they had been applied.

chinesedevil wrote: Anyone get their 2nd bill account balance who ordered online yet? Mine not showing the 15$ fak.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2018
2265 posts
1511 upvotes
Has anyone had luck porting their number and retaining $180 credit?

I have a payment for my PM account but would rather port my number out and transfer the referral credit on the account to family member’s account.
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10544 posts
4141 upvotes
Toronto
DonMurphyCanada wrote: Yes just came in showing as $15 P2P Credit 12 months*.

Oddly not getting my referral credits on this bill though even though I received separate email yesterday that they had been applied.

Mine doesn't show it, guess its time to call...
Mar 19, 2013
87 posts
27 upvotes
just got my bill and i received the $15/month credit. I did online order and ported my fido number instead of the public mobile number

*edit*: read my bill wrong, got 15 credit for september but nothing for october, promo associated with koodo number given i think
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10544 posts
4141 upvotes
Toronto
Tkugen wrote: just got my bill and i received the $15/month credit. I did online order and ported my fido number instead of the public mobile number

*edit*: read my bill wrong, got 15 credit for september but nothing for october, promo associated with koodo number given i think
Wait so you got 15$ credit last month, but it's gone this month???
Mar 19, 2013
87 posts
27 upvotes
my plan was activated on September 2nd and i got my first bill today, bill charges for sept and oct

for sept it shows the 15 P2P credit but just straight 40/month for october
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10544 posts
4141 upvotes
Toronto
Tkugen wrote: my plan was activated on September 2nd and i got my first bill today, bill charges for sept and oct

Oh lol, Interesting....
Aug 18, 2014
371 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto, ON
What do I do once I get the sim card? Do I have to call them to activate it?
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
11105 posts
6746 upvotes
Toronto
tdotflame wrote: What do I do once I get the sim card? Do I have to call them to activate it?
Wait for activation email or you can call
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
2085 posts
1541 upvotes
Vancouver
So I just got my bill and 1 line has the $15 credit... other line doesn't.
Problem is, I wasn't with PM. I ported from zoomer.

thinking I'm NOT going to call in to complain about $15/month in credits.
But I am curious if maybe a local booth can help? I know they won't kill my line. But maybe they are useless for credits? Any thoughts?
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3526 posts
1871 upvotes
GTA
Suthek wrote: So I just got my bill and 1 line has the $15 credit... other line doesn't.

But I am curious if maybe a local booth can help? I know they won't kill my line. But maybe they are useless for credits? Any thoughts?
I would wait another month before doing that just in case.
I love RFD! :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Suthek wrote: So I just got my bill and 1 line has the $15 credit... other line doesn't.

Drill down a few pages of the pdf bill. You should still see:
"$15 P2P Credit 12 months* - $15.00"
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻
Oct 7, 2009
764 posts
531 upvotes
Toronto

Tkugen wrote: my plan was activated on September 2nd and i got my first bill today, bill charges for sept and oct

If this is your first bill note that it will also have partial charges for few days.
Credit is tied to the full month only. By looking at the bill it may look like they gave you credit for the temp number and not for the ported number. That is not the case.
Wait for another bill.
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
2085 posts
1541 upvotes
Vancouver
yo2boy wrote: I would wait another month before doing that just in case.
pooper wrote: Drill down a few pages of the pdf bill. You should still see:
"$15 P2P Credit 12 months* - $15.00"
jigz787 wrote: If this is your first bill note that it will also have partial charges for few days.
Credit is tied to the full month only. By looking at the bill it may look like they gave you credit for the temp number and not for the ported number. That is not the case.
Wait for another bill.
Of the two numbers I activated, both of which ported, the number I activated a week ago and ported a week ago shows the credit.
The number I ported much earlier.. early September... Does not have the bill credit.

I can understand what you guys are all saying... But it's not happening. It doesn't make sense for my second line to get it before the first line does.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29540 posts
20458 upvotes
I know a lot of people did promo conversions with this deal and switched out a number on the $40/6GB plan to either $35/5GB or $40/8GB plan. Did the referral work in this case? Presumably, the number has been used once in March and now again in the same calendar year and would likely be disqualified even though there was a port out of Koodo and then back in.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135824 upvotes
888888 upvotes
$15 1gb with unlimited calls is doable but they won't. My local Rogers rep said they are using $5 for 5gb with unlimited calls.

If they do, their annual revenue will decrease instead of increase.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Aug 26, 2018
49 posts
16 upvotes
Nanamio, BC
Who. Rogers has no idea what TELUS can do. Two totally different companies. Not sure what your saying here? What do you mean $5 for 5GB with unlimited calls? Texting?

Verbose on please....
Thatdealguy wrote: $15 1gb with unlimited calls is doable but they won't. My local Rogers rep said they are using $5 for 5gb with unlimited calls.

If they do, their annual revenue will decrease instead of increase.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2836 posts
2775 upvotes
Ottawa
I got my second bill today (I signed up in store in the last week of August). Two things - 1) No $30 credit yet for the activation fee. They said 2nd or 3rd bill so it should be on the next one! 2) Looks like tax is charged on the full amount, before the $15 credit is deducted, so that's about $2 more than I thought it'd be.
Screenshot_20181003-075851_Chrome.jpg

Also - does anyone know what "SFD" stands for?
I am a current Public Mobile customer and Koodo customer.