Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2020 2:12 pm
Oct 16, 2011
218 posts
107 upvotes
Every other cell provider i've been with before PM and Koodo would make your billing date align with the start and end of the month. Or at the very least they would change it at my request.

That way it's very easy to know how much data you have used and how much you have left, and when your bill is due, and what your bill is paying for.

I do the same with my credit cards. That way you can know when funds will be taken out of your account, what purchases will appear on this months bill opposed to next month's etc.
Jan 3, 2013
503 posts
282 upvotes
Raincouver
SillyRabbit wrote: Every other cell provider i've been with before PM and Koodo would make your billing date align with the start and end of the month. Or at the very least they would change it at my request.

That way it's very easy to know how much data you have used and how much you have left, and when your bill is due, and what your bill is paying for.

I do the same with my credit cards. That way you can know when funds will be taken out of your account, what purchases will appear on this months bill opposed to next month's etc.

Call them and ask if they can change it then.

I have used Rogers and Fido over 5 lines. Every time I open a line the billing cycle is based on the date I open the line.

Most cell phones have a built-in feature where you can set a data limit based on your billing cycle.

Running Android 9 (Pie)

Settings>Network & Internet>Data Usage>App data usage cycle also set (Data warning)
Koodo $35/month 5 gigs
Fido Tablet plan $15/month Free for a year
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8293 posts
3493 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
SillyRabbit wrote: Wait I just realized how backwards Koodo’s billing/data cycle is.

They arbitrarily assign you a billing start date based on when they send your SIM (so you’ll be on something like the 9th-9th) and your data usage is metered within that time period, not monthly.

So if you’re someone who uses most of your data, you won’t get a clean refresh on the 1st of the month, you gotta keep track of that random date. Also your bill is due based on that date, so you’ll have money randomly coming out in the middle of the month.

For someone who likes to stay organized, this is extremely annoying.
Your data between activation and first billing is actually unlimited. Thereafter your bill is the same day, you can set that into the data meter of your phone.

Also all my 5 active credit cards have different arbitrary dates, and to make matters worse my MBNA used to be every 30 days like a prepaid phone, so the billing date was different month to month.

And believe me, you have nothing on my OCD when it comes to billing. That MBNA thing used to annoy the shit out of me.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3465 posts
3078 upvotes
Muskoka
SillyRabbit wrote: Wait I just realized how backwards Koodo’s billing/data cycle is.

They arbitrarily assign you a billing start date based on when they send your SIM (so you’ll be on something like the 9th-9th) and your data usage is metered within that time period, not monthly.

So if you’re someone who uses most of your data, you won’t get a clean refresh on the 1st of the month, you gotta keep track of that random date. Also your bill is due based on that date, so you’ll have money randomly coming out in the middle of the month.

For someone who likes to stay organized, this is extremely annoying.
SillyRabbit - charges by month are for kids....
Koodo
Public Mobile
Jun 30, 2013
621 posts
261 upvotes
GTA
vkizzle wrote: Thanks for confirming.
I was being lazy and kept both simcards in my Xiaomi Note 5 and while VoLTE is enabled, it doesn't appear to be be provisioned.
Took them out and loaded in a 6S plus and the other in an X and was able to provision them through a Koodo setup screen.
Need to do the same for my 2 sims running on, xiaomi Note 5 Pro and Mi Mix 2
I only response to real deals, otherwise I am blank
Self Referral Tips for Koodo - Click here...
Edited by the RFD Moderation Team due to the 4 line limit
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3136 posts
1485 upvotes
Mississauga
Since the promo code system is currently broken on the site, I'm assuming instore reps can't do it either?
I love RFD! :)
Nov 10, 2009
748 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ordered SIM on 11th and got shipment confirmation on 14th. Wow! That was fast compared to some of the members here.
Koodo $40/6GB, $35/5GB
Public Mobile customer
Rogers 500u - $30
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
32148 posts
17998 upvotes
Ottawa
yogiz wrote: Ordered SIM on 11th and got shipment confirmation on 14th. Wow! That was fast compared to some of the members here.
The backlog must be cleared by now, as Koodo didn't take any new promo orders for the entire weekend.
Jan 27, 2007
694 posts
552 upvotes
yo2boy wrote: Since the promo code system is currently broken on the site, I'm assuming instore reps can't do it either?
I wonder how many new potential customers they've lost this weekend because of this promo code system upgrade.
Jun 11, 2018
79 posts
59 upvotes
Currently paying $45 for 4GB with Fido. Am I paying too much? Will Fido match Koodo's promo if I call?
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1847 posts
1338 upvotes
Toronto
grEatbUy wrote: Currently paying $45 for 4GB with Fido. Am I paying too much? Will Fido match Koodo's promo if I call?
Doubt it but try and see what you can get. Maybe a gig or two of free data.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
32148 posts
17998 upvotes
Ottawa
grEatbUy wrote: Currently paying $45 for 4GB with Fido. Am I paying too much? Will Fido match Koodo's promo if I call?
Fido has a pretty good windback deal, if you are looking for a "free" iPhone X.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19317 posts
7421 upvotes
Toronto
Good question to ask Fido. Our anecdotal responses likely will count for very little.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $5/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2014 posts
1332 upvotes
Ottawa
Another option, if you're hoping to jump on the Koodo offer train, is to switch to Public Mobile. They dont have any new activation deals right now, but they seem to come out with something new every week or two. And you could sign up for the $40/4.5GB plan to start saving $5 a month right away (and their rewards could let you save more - $2 a month for autopay and $10 credit off the bat if you have a referral). Then, in a month or so it seems quite likely you'll get a Koodo migration offer (based on what others have experienced in the last few months - still a bit of a gamble, but I think the odds are really good).

Caveats with Public Mobile - forum-based support model can mean issues take a while to solve and you could potentially go a couple days without service; noninternatiinal roaming (but they do have US roaming); and data speeds are capped at 3Mbps (though that seems to be fast enough for almost everyone's day to day use).
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK