Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5148 posts
1390 upvotes
Toronto
jdown077 wrote: I got the $40/8gb but no credits, although I did not ask or push for them.
Spent 2 hours on hold. First rep couldn't do it. Transferred to Supervisor, couldn't do it. They said it needs to be done BEFORE the Activation, even 1 day after, can't do it. Take it for what it's worth. I'm happy with 45/8gb, not spending another 3 hours on hold for a few bucks considering I was on 5gb/$50 before
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro | CCM Ribcor Trigger 3D/Bauer Supreme 1S LE
'18 Union Flite Pro Red | Bauer Supreme 2S Gloves
'08 K2 T1 | CCM Super Tacks AS1
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5148 posts
1390 upvotes
Toronto
derekmcl wrote: I currently have a Koodo account that is maxed out on referral credits.

If I add a line for this promo, then port my primary line out and back in again, will I lose all my referral credits, or will they stick to the account by virtue of the second line???
I was on the phone with a CSR earlier with this exact question. The referrals are tied to the number that was referred, so if you port out and port back in, it doesn't count as an active line anymore
Aug 23, 2018
10 posts
ad19 wrote: Was on the 12gb for $141 every three month plan on PM and was not eligible to upgrade. I just switched my plan to the 4.5gb/$40. Hopefully I'll be able to switch in the coming days.
same here, both my wife and i use this plan now, but we try to change 40/4.5g plan now, but couldn't see change plan now,only on renewal day, cause we want to change to the 40/4.5g plan now,and hope to get the newest promo text as soon as possible ....what a pity
Jun 14, 2010
353 posts
243 upvotes
Toronto
ProfessorChaos wrote: Spent 2 hours on hold. First rep couldn't do it. Transferred to Supervisor, couldn't do it. They said it needs to be done BEFORE the Activation, even 1 day after, can't do it. Take it for what it's worth. I'm happy with 45/8gb, not spending another 3 hours on hold for a few bucks considering I was on 5gb/$50 before
I had the same result. Even had the supervisor talk to someone else who they said “has the power to make the change” and was still denied. Claimed my account was open too long. (2 weeks). Gave me a $5 credit for 24 months. Better then nothing I suppose.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9114 posts
1870 upvotes
Toronto
Can you have multiple Koodo lines on 1 account taking advantage of this promo? As in, can I port 2 PM numbers under 1 koodo account and get the promo for both (180 x 2).
Last edited by chinesedevil on Aug 24th, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 12, 2012
43 posts
18 upvotes
redflags10 wrote: has anyone who switched to the 8GB/$45 plan been able to call in, get switched to the 8GB/$40 plan and get the $180 bill credit?
I did but I got a text and show them the screen shot.
Jan 7, 2017
23 posts
6 upvotes
Can someone let me know if your phone/number with Public Mobile is immediately closed or will it remain open until we activate with the new SIM?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5148 posts
1390 upvotes
Toronto
EnchantedPlague wrote: I had the same result. Even had the supervisor talk to someone else who they said “has the power to make the change” and was still denied. Claimed my account was open too long. (2 weeks). Gave me a $5 credit for 24 months. Better then nothing I suppose.
I was asking for a $5 credit too but was denied too. My account was activated on the 21st and the 23rd this new plan is active...like really Koodo? Why can't you just make these plans in-market?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5148 posts
1390 upvotes
Toronto
larrydavis wrote: Can someone let me know if your phone/number with Public Mobile is immediately closed or will it remain open until we activate with the new SIM?
It remains open...you don't even need to close the PM plan but the code won't be valid anymore
Aug 18, 2010
465 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
ProfessorChaos wrote: Spent 2 hours on hold. First rep couldn't do it. Transferred to Supervisor, couldn't do it. They said it needs to be done BEFORE the Activation, even 1 day after, can't do it. Take it for what it's worth. I'm happy with 45/8gb, not spending another 3 hours on hold for a few bucks considering I was on 5gb/$50 before
Damn, that sucks. Multiple people were able to switch over. I would keep trying until you get the right CSR.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1371 posts
855 upvotes
Land
Darn it, lol

Come on PM, beat that offer ...:-)
. . . .

Be Nice...

. . . .
Jan 7, 2017
23 posts
6 upvotes
ProfessorChaos wrote: It remains open...you don't even need to close the PM plan but the code won't be valid anymore
Sorry, you are referencing the code we received in the text today won't be usable... correct?

So, my PM number will remain active, but I would be swapping the number to Koodo... are you saying I could change the PM number or... what are you saying? lol
Aug 10, 2001
818 posts
147 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
RudeDoggy wrote: Just to share my story:

I signed up for the 8gb/$45 plan from a couple of weeks ago. I called Koodo and waited on hold for 1 hour and 57 minutes. After asking the CSR to change to the 8gb/$40 plan, he changed it in about 2 minutes. He did not put me on hold, he didn't tell me he couldn't do it, he did not forward my call to a manager/supervisor. He said right away that he could do it and did it on the spot for me.

I then asked about the $180 credit and he went through all his computer screens, my customer notes, etc, and at one point I thought he was going to give me the credit. But in the end, I didn't want to push it, since he mentioned that he didn't see any notes on my file (which apparently there should have been since I signed up for the Public Mobile -> Koodo migration plan).

Other than the hold, the phone call was quite painless. Thanks OP and everyone else for the tips and help!
Thanks for sharing this. I waited for awhile and asked for the change to one of the new offers. She said she could do $35 for 5 gb and the $40 for 8 gb could be done by another dept. I took the $35 for 5 gb. No luck on the $180 credit. I thanked them for helping me and wished her a good night.
Jul 22, 2015
17 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
oAndrew8 wrote: I'm currently on a MB $48 5gb plan on koodo. Should I risk switching to PM in an attempt to get this offer?
That's exactly what I did... for two lines. I switched to Public Mobile's $40 4.5GB plan precisely two weeks ago. Received the $35 & $40 - $180 credit offers today.
iPhone X
Koodo $40 - 8 GB - Unlimited Canada Wide - 1000 International Minutes/Month

iPhone 6
Koodo $35 - 5 GB - Unlimited Canada Wide - 1000 International Minutes/Month
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5768 posts
321 upvotes
Calgary
ok this one is really tempting to switch too but i just renewed my 90 days with PM. I'm only paying PM $90/90 days for 12gb 2016 Plan

I'm thinking of trying to stack the $35 5gb, referral, walmart GC, $180 credit and reselling the new phone. Is this doable? Is Telus going to make a better deal than this?
Last edited by markj on Aug 24th, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.