Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2020 2:12 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1847 posts
1338 upvotes
Toronto
yao416 wrote: Keep me updated!
Loyalty supervisor added the Walmart long distance add-on to 1 of my 3 lines.
Regular CSR and loyalty CSR kept refusing because I didn't activate at Walmart.

Told the guy I referred 4 people to Koodo already and a few more on the way and the guy was like why not, lol.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1847 posts
1338 upvotes
Toronto
xplane wrote: What's a current promo code?
The August one still works as long as you have an eligible phone #

Activated a friend's line at Walmart with it yesterday.

JOINKOODOAUGDATA
Feb 14, 2010
831 posts
242 upvotes
Oshawa
BengaliPrince wrote: The August one still works as long as you have an eligible phone #

Activated a friend's line at Walmart with it yesterday.

JOINKOODOAUGDATA
Do you need PM Account# also if you activate at Walmart?
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
26287 posts
4564 upvotes
Hamilton
nivek_k2020 wrote: Do you need PM Account# also if you activate at Walmart?
If you’re asking about the “code” then yes
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4681 posts
4264 upvotes
BengaliPrince wrote: It's kinda stupid how they don't at least sell this add-on because it has a bunch of countries that they don't sell minutes for, but then again they'd make more money charging you 50 cents a minute. It's an amazing add-on.
Is it? I thought it was to only certain countries, and that didn't include the US. Useful if you call one of the countries, useless otherwise.

When the lady offered it to me at Wow I didn't even inquire, just said no, she wasn't surprised.

FWIW I just use hangouts to call pretty much everywhere long distance, works flawlessly, and crazy cheap.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1847 posts
1338 upvotes
Toronto
repatch wrote: Is it? I thought it was to only certain countries, and that didn't include the US. Useful if you call one of the countries, useless otherwise.

When the lady offered it to me at Wow I didn't even inquire, just said no, she wasn't surprised.

FWIW I just use hangouts to call pretty much everywhere long distance, works flawlessly, and crazy cheap.
One of my family members calls two of the countries on the list frequently so it's useful for him. If you don't use LD then yeah it's useless, but if it's free, and they offer it to you, doesn't hurt to have it since you never know when you'll need it.

I'll look into hangouts rates, thanks.
Jun 18, 2015
424 posts
621 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Who needs long distance calling in this day and age?
With FaceTime, Duo, Skype, WhatsApp calling etc...who needs long distance?
Penalty Box
Sep 6, 2011
1045 posts
1097 upvotes
winenaught88 wrote: Who needs long distance calling in this day and age?
With FaceTime, Duo, Skype, WhatsApp calling etc...who needs long distance?
People who don't have smartphones or don't know how to use smartphones...... yes, those people still exists!
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2007
1550 posts
472 upvotes
Maybe I'm wrong, but if you travel to those countries and make or take calls there, you won't get charged, correct?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11381 posts
10397 upvotes
isgaard wrote: People who don't have smartphones or don't know how to use smartphones...... yes, those people still exists!
Agree. Older generation seniors are still using flip phone.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
3261 posts
2447 upvotes
No Bum Deals
EH15 wrote: Maybe I'm wrong, but if you travel to those countries and make or take calls there, you won't get charged, correct?
It isn't a roaming package. It's 1000 minutes of calling from Canada to those countries, not the other way around.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 - 1x Koodo 39/10 - 1x Fido 0/3 🢀
Sep 20, 2018
54 posts
7 upvotes
so i should open a new line and then cancel it the next day? and i keep the fone & pay off my tab with the giftcards i earned
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1847 posts
1338 upvotes
Toronto
kminnu wrote: so i should open a new line and then cancel it the next day? and i keep the fone & pay off my tab with the giftcards i earned
Not sure why you would wanna cancel a line on this plan. This plan is probably the best plan you can get on the market right now, and the credit makes it even sweeter.
$25/m for 8GB for 12 months...after which it goes to $40, is one heck of a deal