Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2020 2:12 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19315 posts
7421 upvotes
Toronto
BBucKK wrote: I moved one of my phones over yesterday - I have my wife's and daughter's phones which I will also move from PM - as I want to get the extra $50 referral bonus, does ne1 know how long it will take to get my account number so I can setup an account to make the referral? I'm worried if I wait the promo will end before I get a chance to move the other two phones (I read earlier in thread a rep noted promo ends Sept 30?). Do I have to activate the SIM to get a working referral account? Thanks in advance.
You said you moved a line yesterday. So you should have an account number already. As long as you initiate all orders by the deadline you are fine. Completion of order and doing referrals can be after the deadline.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $5/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3136 posts
1485 upvotes
Mississauga
kav2001c wrote: Suspicious use is actual term
Fraud department is who did it

I am not worried, I have filed multiple complaints against them earlier in year (last promo)
Got $500 in credits + a free iPhone (zero out my tab)

I just wonder what they keep flagging for
They are only carrier who gives me issues (even Telus / Public no problems)
Haha that's such an interesting situation. Good luck on your next complaint!
I love RFD! :)
Dec 14, 2001
469 posts
145 upvotes
I got an order confirmation email but doesn't have a account number on it - just order #. You can't create an account and start referrals without a account number. If anyone know different please let me know. Can folks comment on how long it takes between making the move online and getting a SIM or email with account #? Thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1623 posts
1052 upvotes
Calgary
EananC641158 wrote: Okay cool, I assume there's no time limit between when they send it out and you have to activate and port over ?

As SIM could get lost in post, delayed etc.
I think you're missing what everyone is telling you. you dont activate. The line will activate a few days after the shipping notice.
Aug 19, 2006
33 posts
4 upvotes
If you work for walmart make sure to apply for the 25% off and the 50$ tab credit.
Banned
Aug 24, 2018
32 posts
7 upvotes
BBucKK wrote: I got an order confirmation email but doesn't have a account number on it - just order #. You can't create an account and start referrals without a account number. If anyone know different please let me know. Can folks comment on how long it takes between making the move online and getting a SIM or email with account #? Thanks
You will get account number in the activation email.
As of now, about a week to process orders so you should get sim card and activation in that time frame.
Dec 14, 2001
469 posts
145 upvotes
totzoo wrote: You will get account number in the activation email.
As of now, about a week to process orders so you should get sim card and activation in that time frame.
Thanks
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19315 posts
7421 upvotes
Toronto
BBucKK wrote: I got an order confirmation email but doesn't have a account number on it - just order #. You can't create an account and start referrals without a account number. If anyone know different please let me know. Can folks comment on how long it takes between making the move online and getting a SIM or email with account #? Thanks
I misinterpreted your progress. The timing for shipment notification is dependent on how busy the web store is. They can be backlogged by a week or more. You get the account number with activation email which usually comes around 2-3 days after shipping notification. In your case time may not be in your side trying to squeeze so much in so little time. I suggest you obtain a referral now and also do a self referral when you get your first account. This way you won't be left in the cold with nothing. You can complete step 2 with either self or other referral depending on progress and timing.
Tangerine Bank
Dec 14, 2001
469 posts
145 upvotes
will888 wrote: I misinterpreted your progress. The timing for shipment notification is dependent on how busy the web store is. They can be backlogged by a week or more. You get the account number with activation email which usually comes around 2-3 days after shipping notification. In your case time may not be in your side trying to squeeze so much in so little time. I suggest you obtain a referral now and also do a self referral when you get your first account. This way you won't be left in the cold with nothing. You can complete step 2 with either self or other referral depending on progress and timing.
I agree - thanks for the info!
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4929 posts
1286 upvotes
Toronto
I did read the thread summary of this massive thread..

So basically for someone not on PM, the only way of getting this (hopefully) is to signup for PM now on a $40 plan (not any other $10 or $25 plan), and hopefully you'll get it one day...

I have a question though, let's say I'm currently on a good plan at Rogers (not nearly as good though).. So I don't want to port over to PM (and lose the Rogers plan) and wait to get this deal. If I were to open a new number/line at PM, and give the plan to a family member to use in the meantime while waiting, if the PM line does become eligible for a similar Koodo offer, is there any way to port my current Rogers number over into the Koodo deal instead of the PM number (which was only created to be eligible)? Or maybe some other way, like port the PM number into the Koodo offer like normal, and then once that's up and running, port my Rogers number into the Koodo plan? Actually, can you even do that, port a number into a plan that already has a number (what happens to that number, does it just get deleted?)
Last edited by fightbriz on Sep 25th, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19315 posts
7421 upvotes
Toronto
fightbriz wrote: I did read the thread summary of this massive thread..

So basically for someone not on PM, the only way of getting this (hopefully) is to signup for PM now on a $40 plan (not any other $10 or $25 plan), and hopefully you'll get it one day...

I have a question though, let's say I'm currently on a good plan at Rogers (not nearly as good though).. So I don't want to port over to PM (and lose the Rogers plan) and wait to get this deal. If I were to open a new number/line at PM, and give the plan to a family member to use in the meantime while waiting, if the PM line does become eligible for a similar Koodo offer, is there any way to port my current Rogers number over into the Koodo deal instead of the PM number (which was only created to be eligible)? Or maybe some other way, like port the PM number into the Koodo offer like normal, and then once that's up and running, port my Rogers number into the Koodo plan? Actually, can you even do that, port a number into a plan that already has a number (what happens to that number, does it just get deleted?)
Getting a Public Mobile line gives you a number for the migration lottery. What you decide on porting is up to you. You can port your Rogers number, port the Public Mobile number, do no porting.
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4929 posts
1286 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks that helps a lot. What I'm confused though is, isn't the whole point of this Koodo offer to get people off PM? So shouldn't they make it that you MUST port your PM number to Koodo (which gets you off PM)? Why would they allow you to port another number or even no porting at all (Get New Number)?

Also can you help make sense of this sentence in the thread summary, doesn't make a whole lotta sense?
"Don't both trying with talk & text only plans (including but not limited to $10, $25 plans)."

Another question I had is, when they offered this migration deal, did EVERYONE on PM on a $40 plan that has been with PM for however long (3 months??) get the offer? Or is it random, some people got it, others didn't? I know you said "migration lottery", but I think you meant that as "if you signup now, they may or may not have migration deals in the future, but if they do, everyone on PM on a $40 plan for at least 3 months or whatever will be offered it", rather than "if they do have a migration deal next time, even among the people on PM on a $40 plan for at least 3 months or whatever, only certain people will be offered it" right?
will888 wrote: Getting a Public Mobile line gives you a number for the migration lottery. What you decide on porting is up to you. You can port your Rogers number, port the Public Mobile number, do no porting.
Last edited by fightbriz on Sep 25th, 2018 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 12, 2009
190 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
I think it's suppose to be "Don't bother trying...."
fightbriz wrote: Thanks that helps a lot. What I'm confused though is, isn't the whole point of this Koodo offer to get people off PM? So shouldn't they make it that you MUST port your PM number to Koodo (which gets you off PM)? Why would they allow you to port another number or even no porting at all (Get New Number)?

Also can you help make sense of this sentence in the thread summary, doesn't make a whole lotta sense?
"Don't both trying with talk & text only plans (including but not limited to $10, $25 plans)."
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2014 posts
1331 upvotes
Ottawa
fightbriz wrote: Thanks that helps a lot. What I'm confused though is, isn't the whole point of this Koodo offer to get people off PM? So shouldn't they make it that you MUST port your PM number to Koodo (which gets you off PM)? Why would they allow you to port another number or even no porting at all (Get New Number)?

Another question I had is, when they offered this migration deal, did EVERYONE on PM on a $40 plan that has been with PM for however long (3 months??) get the offer? Or is it random, some people got it, others didn't? I know you said "migration lottery", but I think you meant that as "if you signup now, they may or may not have migration deals in the future, but if they do, everyone on PM on a $40 plan for at least 3 months or whatever will be offered it", rather than "if they do have a migration deal next time, even among the people on PM on a $40 plan for at least 3 months or whatever, only certain people will be offered it" right?
They try to make you port the PM number that qualifies for the offer - like you said, that's the whole point. In fact, if you sign up in store they'll ask you to show the text offer on your phone and then make you port right then and there.

People get around that by signing up online instead. Koodo sends you a SIM with a temporary number by mail and their systems will let you activate without porting, once the SIM arrives. Then when the temp number is active, you can choose to port in any number you want - e.g. your current Rogers number.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1728 posts
1187 upvotes
will888 wrote: No, I have enough plans already. I want to be punished with bill credits and free phones.
Well I hope they f***ing punish you to the fullest extent. Destroy your life with massive bill credits and high end phones.