Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2020 2:12 pm
Mar 7, 2011
996 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto
Thatdealguy wrote: u cant. according to CRTC, cellphone carriers " have to" charge customers $30 "transaction fee" or connection fee.
I don't think they are called Activation fee anymore because it's illegal.
McLaren__F1 wrote: Ask the Walmart rep nicely Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Some said you get it waived back on 2nd or 3rd bill. YMMV

$30 to get this great plan, #worth anyway
I see. Ok. I’ll most likely get this deal online though as the LD destinations aren’t any countries I would call anyway.

On another note: tried to get a hold of Koodo webstore via phone as well as email. Left voice message as I need them to transfer over my credit from PM. What are my chances that they’ll call me back before this offer expires? I don’t wanna lose my credit that is sitting in my PM account. #dilemma
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1116 posts
484 upvotes
cappaj wrote: @will888 spoke to a salesperson today who said it's on for two more days, which gels with the Sept. 27 date that someone else had reported.
That would be me.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19318 posts
7421 upvotes
Toronto
Suthek wrote: I find that doing things at Koodo booths ends up not triggering the Bears. I would regularly do things like add a tab or whatever to my sk plan and the people in person cared 0%.

The only reason I think I'd call in is if there's a billing issue but only if the issue is worse than the price of a market plan.
Otherwise I'd just eat it and move on.
I will have to think about this strategy. I worry about the kids working at the kiosks. I have talked to the people that work at the local Koodo store a couple of times. They seem rather clueless. You know what they say about knowing just enough to be dangerous. Frankly, any concerns about enforcement is prior to the first bill. I think after that you are in the clear. If they have starting to take your money, they learn to be blind to everything else.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $5/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2792 posts
3306 upvotes
kayceedee wrote: Thanks for the list. So how do I get the $30 activation fee at Walmart waived though?
It's automatically credited on the second or third bill. Reps don't do anything at all.
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1624 posts
1052 upvotes
Calgary
will888 wrote: I will have to think about this strategy. I worry about the kids working at the kiosks. I have talked to the people that work at the local Koodo store a couple of times. They seem rather clueless. You know what they say about knowing just enough to be dangerous. Frankly, any concerns about enforcement is prior to the first bill. I think after that you are in the clear. If they have starting to take your money, they learn to be blind to everything else.
More like knowing just enough to do what you want.
Not knowing enough to see questionable account activity.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4934 posts
1291 upvotes
Toronto
Need help!

I'm trying to sign up for this koodo offer using someone else's PM number as validation code, but i want to ultimately port my existing Chatr number under this Koodo plan.

Should i click "Get New Number", not "Transfer Number" right?

Transfer Number means "port in the PM number that i typed in as the validation code (a number that i don't actually own)" correct? (which i don't want)... As opposed to meaning "port in ANY number from any carrier"? (which i do want)

But if i click "Get New Number", won't i get a brand new phone number though? Is it possible to port in my existing Chatr number into the plan later and that will knock out the "new number" that they gave me?
May 20, 2017
531 posts
158 upvotes
GTA
fightbriz wrote: Need help!

I'm trying to sign up for this koodo offer using someone else's PM number as validation code, but i want to ultimately port my existing Chatr number under this Koodo plan.

Should i click "Get New Number", not "Transfer Number" right?

Transfer Number means "port in the PM number that i typed in as the validation code (a number that i don't actually own)" correct? (which i don't want)... As opposed to meaning "port in ANY number from any carrier"? (which i do want)

But if i click "Get New Number", won't i get a brand new phone number though? Is it possible to port in my existing Chatr number into the plan later and that will knock out the "new number" that they gave me?
A must Transfer Number, after you received the Sim, you can port your Chatr #, to make it look legit port your Chatr to PM and later port to Koodo
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4934 posts
1291 upvotes
Toronto
wonderwhy wrote: A must Transfer Number, after you received the Sim, you can port your Chatr #, to make it look legit port your Chatr to PM and later port to Koodo
Wait, are you saying i should click the "Transfer My Current Number" option? Because in the thread summary it says i must click "Get New Number"? I'm confused..

Thread summary says:
3 - Once you get to step 3 ("Create Account") in the checkout screens, be absolutely, absolutely sure that you click the "give me a new number" button.
If i click Transfer My Current Number, do i get to enter the number I'm transferring (my Chatr number, or does it use the Public Mobile number i entered as validation code (which i don't own), or does it not ask for a number at all and i deal with that when the sim arrives?
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4111 posts
2443 upvotes
Edmonton
fightbriz wrote: Transfer Number means "port in the PM number that i typed in as the validation code (a number that i don't actually own)" correct?
No number will be automatically ported. You will get a new number, and you're expected to initiate the port afterwards, where you're free to port in your Chatr number.
fightbriz wrote: But if i click "Get New Number", won't i get a brand new phone number though? Is it possible to port in my existing Chatr number into the plan later and that will knock out the "new number" that they gave me?
You will get a new number, and you can port in your Chatr number afterwards.

Basically, it doesn't really matter which option you choose.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4934 posts
1291 upvotes
Toronto
ChinpokoMon wrote: No number will be automatically ported. You will get a new number, and you're expected to initiate the port afterwards, where you're free to port in your Chatr number.

You will get a new number, and you can port in your Chatr number afterwards.

Basically, it doesn't really matter which option you choose.
Ok so really there's no absolutely no difference whatsoever between clicking Transfer My Current Number and Get New Number? It's weird that the thread summary says you MUST choose Get New Number...
May 20, 2017
531 posts
158 upvotes
GTA
fightbriz wrote: Wait, are you saying i should click the "Transfer My Current Number" option? Because in the thread summary it says i must click "Get New Number"? I'm confused..

Thread summary says:

If i click Transfer My Current Number, do i get to enter the number I'm transferring (my Chatr number, or does it use the Public Mobile number i entered as validation code (which i don't own), or does it not ask for a number at all and i deal with that when the sim arrives?
Yes click Transfer My Number, Koodo will give current Temp Number to avoid Koodo might Flag you, if you choose New Number donèt forget this is Migration Offer is better make it look legit
Mar 7, 2011
996 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto
NavieM wrote: It's automatically credited on the second or third bill. Reps don't do anything at all.
So, I don’t even have to ask for it to be credited??
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2792 posts
3306 upvotes
kayceedee wrote: So, I don’t even have to ask for it to be credited??
No you don’t. Any new activation up until sept 30 (I’ll have to check the date when I’m at work to be sure) is credited without any work on the customers part
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Apr 14, 2017
104 posts
120 upvotes
They have removed UK from the list
pazivai wrote: no change, these are 10 countries that you can call monthly, total 1000 minutes