Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Apr 1, 2005
218 posts
33 upvotes
has anyone successfully ordered 2 koodo sims using the same PM number? I ordered the first one and got the $40 deal with the $180 credit. I wanted to order a second sim for my wife (also has PM but her number doesnt work for the offer). I actually got all way to the final page but notices there's no $180 credit...

or should she wait until the next deal from koodo? not sure why her PM number doesnt work for this promo.
Mar 28, 2018
67 posts
55 upvotes
dpyong wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 3:58 pm
I've been with on the PM 12GB plan for a few years now. Still sticking with them because of their US roaming plans. Their 10 day $20/1GB plan is so convenient for travelling. It picks up AT&T, so you're almost guaranteed to get good coverage even between urban centers.
What if you're going to the US for one day? What if you're going somewhere outside of the US?
Nov 20, 2010
95 posts
53 upvotes
Two in a row deal... Yet I'm stuck on a stupid Corp EPP plan with Telus... Switching my parent's PM to Koodo. Im kinda saying wtf Telus by this point.
Jun 26, 2012
33 posts
4 upvotes
RICHMOND
ProfessorChaos wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 11:27 pm
honestly i hated the p20 pro. got it last week on $45/8gb and am receiving the return mailer for the phone. Great hardware, hate the EMUI coming from OnePlus and Oxygen OS. Camera was great, pics aren't actually 40MP as it scales back to 10MP. Not really feeling the big notch. Will continue to get OP6T when that comes out for a similar price ($700-$750)
oh damn...i was planning to sell ip7+ and go back to android with this one.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3360 posts
631 upvotes
Calgary
When you go to the store to get this plan, do they have to check the actual text on your phone? My father received the text but has no plan of moving to Koodo. My sister who is with Koodo wants to add another line and was wondering if she can use his number. Worse comes to worst, then my father will have to go with my sister to show the SMS I guess. But what are the experiences of those who went to the store?
Dec 15, 2017
184 posts
111 upvotes
casperr wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 11:36 pm
When you go to the store to get this plan, do they have to check the actual text on your phone? My father received the text but has no plan of moving to Koodo. My sister who is with Koodo wants to add another line and was wondering if she can use his number. Worse comes to worst, then my father will have to go with my sister to show the SMS I guess. But what are the experiences of those who went to the store?
During the last migration people reported that yes they did want to see the text before proceeding.
Mar 8, 2018
115 posts
40 upvotes
Got the promo message. I am currently on the Fall Promo from 2016. I am not switching to this. Happy with my prepaid Public Mobile plan which should never change based on the promises made by PM.
Xtreme value-maximizing customer
Dec 12, 2012
43 posts
18 upvotes
esemee wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 11:31 pm
What if you're going to the US for one day? What if you're going somewhere outside of the US?
Koodo's roaming plans are so expensive...
Aug 7, 2015
110 posts
42 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I switched to PM on the $40/4.5 GB plan during the weekend in July when they did the 2nd month free offer. I got the previous $45/8GB text offer but not this one. Koodo says my promo code is invalid when I try to use my number. Really not feeling the love from Koodo here :\
Mar 28, 2018
67 posts
55 upvotes
sparkaction wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 11:20 pm
The company is probably close to making their growth post-paid subscriber numbers. They are converting prepaid customers (PM) into post-paid subscribers (Koodo). If you're a Telus investor, I would sell into any rally.
You don't think it has anything to do with the fact that the 12gb/3 months/$120 plan people can NEVER have their rates raised?
Dec 15, 2017
184 posts
111 upvotes
busstop138 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 11:40 pm
Their roaming plans are very similar to Telus/Bell/Rogers.
Aug 16, 2009
177 posts
47 upvotes
I’m with PM since Aug 8 this year. I signed up for the $45 8gb plan but haven’t rceived the sim or activation mail. I tried this new code but when I put in my PM number it says invalid. You think I can give them a call and cancel that $45 plan and wait for a text for this new deal that you all of you are getting?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5058 posts
1289 upvotes
Toronto
imaredflagger wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 11:09 pm
So my brother got the text from public mobile, successfully changed to koodo's plan: $35 for 5GB. I was playing around and put his phone number in the validation code and it worked (I can add it to cart). Is this normal? If it goes through, does that mean I can port over (I'm at rogers).
Yeah...but he'll lose his coupon code...it's one-time use and your brother will hate you
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro
'18 Union Flite Pro Red
'08 K2 T1
Mar 28, 2018
67 posts
55 upvotes
busstop138 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 11:40 pm
They're pretty much on-par with other roaming packages on other carriers - $8/day to use your current plan, capped at $100.