Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2020 2:12 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1662 posts
1388 upvotes
Toronto
Hey, is it possible to port in koodo number to a koodo number within the same account. ex - Port out line 1 to line 2 thus canceling line one automatically. Has anyone done this with out any issues?
Multi Millionaire in Points
May 20, 2017
531 posts
158 upvotes
GTA
FoMoHotDeals wrote: Hey, is it possible to port in koodo number to a koodo number within the same account. ex - Port out line 1 to line 2 thus canceling line one automatically. Has anyone done this with out any issues?
You can not Koodo postpaid to Koodo postpaid but you can try port out to Koodo prepaid and back to Koodo postpaid
is much cheaper to port to PM and back to Koodo
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1629 posts
1057 upvotes
Calgary
wonderwhy wrote: You can not Koodo postpaid to Koodo postpaid but you can try port out to Koodo prepaid and back to Koodo postpaid
is much cheaper to port to PM and back to Koodo
Agreed. sign up for PM with $10 plan... activate at walmart to get the sim free.
then port back.
Feb 3, 2015
355 posts
273 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Confused. Koodo self serve shows I have used only 800mb..I have been tracking since I activated up in sep 12 and I have already used 3GB though. There billing cycle is 7th to 6th of the month (something like that).
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2002
1154 posts
462 upvotes
Vancouver
kav2001c wrote: Yeah its def not mention account number

They do ask phone number once refer is completed (and there was a question about whether final number, I guess in case you port?)

I still suspect B & C only will rec the credits (but if A gets lucky...)

Credits are applied to the number in the referral info.

Doesn't matter if your port that number out and then back in to a different Koodo account number.

At least that is what happened when I ported a number out and back in.
Aug 31, 2009
702 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto
McLaren__F1 wrote: Expect longer wait times today and tomorrow cause this promo ends on 27 as some reps said.
it wouldnt even let me wait... i would wait for like 10 minutes and it will say we are busier than usual, call within our hours and puts you through voice mail....
happened 5 times yesterday.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1851 posts
1291 upvotes
cdfegab wrote: it wouldnt even let me wait... i would wait for like 10 minutes and it will say we are busier than usual, call within our hours and puts you through voice mail....
That's the webstore.

For activations you can wait. Or the best way to have someone reach you is to set up a call back from the chat bot.
May 20, 2017
531 posts
158 upvotes
GTA
FoMoHotDeals wrote: Hey, is it possible to port in koodo number to a koodo number within the same account. ex - Port out line 1 to line 2 thus canceling line one automatically. Has anyone done this with out any issues?
@ FoMoHotDeals please test it when you port your Koodo to PM before porting back to Koodo, I hear someone rush it porting back to Koodo and got stuck
May 20, 2017
531 posts
158 upvotes
GTA
cdfegab wrote: it wouldnt even let me wait... i would wait for like 10 minutes and it will say we are busier than usual, call within our hours and puts you through voice mail....
As soon you hear voice mail hang up and try calling again, keep trying eventually you will get through
Sep 15, 2003
240 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
kav2001c wrote: We shall see

I have an odd situation and am wondering what will happen with 1 of my refer credits

Line A refer Line B
Line B refer Line C
Then Line A port out and port back in (over write number on Line C)

So depending which credits I see on account will tell me how it works
(If both work, B should end up with $100; $50 x2)
If only $50, then probably C got $50 but A did not (although its possible C gets credit because using A phone number + email)
I did something like this.
Self reffered on my two existing lines to switch over to the $40/8gb plans.
One referral was denied but the second one said it was approved on both ends.

I think the first one was possibly denied because one of the lines was pretty new as I had just switched one of my old Quebec plans to the $45/8gb plans and then ported out again a week and half later to the $40 plan.
Sep 6, 2017
77 posts
22 upvotes
kav2001c wrote: Why not just go in store?
Waived $30 fee for act
Plus instore you get 1000 minutes of long distance for free (not on online orders)
I won't be able to go instore today and it ends tomorrow right? Does that mean midnight, then I'll be able to go tomorrow afternoon.
Oct 28, 2011
229 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I've done exactly that twice now. Maybe I could have saved a few bucks porting to PM but I did it with koodo prepaid.
BST Feedback - https://forums.redflagdeals.com/members ... iew=trader
A Blackberry fan boy
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11635 posts
10617 upvotes
cappaj wrote: Does anyone know - if you sign up for medium tab on the $35 plan when you activate, will you still be eligible for medium tab in the future? Or, once your current tab is paid off, do you still drop down to small tab eligibility?

(Also, I'm remembering one of the reasons I love this plan vs., e.g., one of the Fido or Rogers winback offers, which I had also been angling at until I managed to make this deal work. In two years, when my wife and I have our tabs paid off and are ready to upgrade to new phones, our Koodo plans will go down to $35/month (as opposed to one of the winback plans with Rogers or Fido, which are discounted for two years then go back up to $80 or $90 or whatever). With the Koodo referral program, I can plan for the next two years after that to get $600 in referral credits and consider that as subsidizing new phones, whether we buy them outright from Amazon or on tab from Koodo, keeping our costs over those next 24 months down at a reasonable level. Anyways - that's a huge aside that probably doesn't apply to lots of people here, but it is a huge benefit for us.)
orbitdesign wrote: Signed up for a medium tab when I took the $35/5gb plan and just tried to upgrade the phone... only qualify for small tab now. Can still always add a new line in the future for a deal.
People can pay $120 upfront and take a medium tab phone.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $7 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Aug 31, 2007
497 posts
91 upvotes
Mississauga
angryboy wrote: Confused. Koodo self serve shows I have used only 800mb..I have been tracking since I activated up in sep 12 and I have already used 3GB though. There billing cycle is 7th to 6th of the month (something like that).
Your first month they give you "unlimited" data for the first 10 days
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1851 posts
1291 upvotes
cheer021 wrote: I've done exactly that twice now. Maybe I could have saved a few bucks porting to PM but I did it with koodo prepaid.
No you haven't. He asked if he could port Koodo postpaid line 1 to Koodo postpaid line 2 within the same account.

Edit: you're description is correct that you have to port to a prepaid or different provider and then back into Koodo.