Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2020 11:17 am
Aug 17, 2008
669 posts
70 upvotes
Dumb question, but right now I'm with PM. If I order the SIM card and plan online for the $35/5 GB plan ,I have to wait for the SIM card to ship. In the mean time I can still use my PM service (and SIM card) until the Koodo SIM card arrives and I activate it - correct? There shouldn't be any downtime. Just making sure because I can't have no mobile phone service for a couple of days.

This is what I understood from "Mats" reply, but I want to confirm. https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo ... ation-work
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35087 posts
21059 upvotes
Center of Universe
the11thdoctor wrote: Think I should switch it to a 416?
Don't know if that will increase your chances.
We're in Ottawa and all of us received this promo while on the $40/4.5GB plan.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3235 posts
1581 upvotes
Mississauga
hunt3rshadow wrote: Dumb question, but right now I'm with PM. If I order the SIM card and plan online for the $35/5 GB plan ,I have to wait for the SIM card to ship. In the mean time I can still use my PM service (and SIM card) until the Koodo SIM card arrives and I activate it - correct? There shouldn't be any downtime. Just making sure because I can't have no mobile phone service for a couple of days.

This is what I understood from "Mats" reply, but I want to confirm. https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo ... ation-work
Correct. Even if you decide to port a completely different number in AFTER activation your PM account will still be active unless you port the PM number.
I love RFD! :)
Mar 4, 2008
539 posts
93 upvotes
BC
Does anyone know if PB offers data warnings that you are about to go over your data? Like koodo will stop your data usage and warn you at 50% & 90% usage.
Jun 6, 2011
6 posts
1 upvote
Anyone had any luck of having. PM #, without the txt/don't qualify but still got in store activation? Ie Walmart wow etc
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
6211 posts
5814 upvotes
spotts01 wrote: My problem is my referrals - I am well below $30 / month at PM. But this could send a bunch of them to Koodo if they got it as well.
I'm sure that's part of the plan. People without any referrals: this plan is a no brainer, there's pretty much zero reason to stay with PM, this deal is better.

About the ONLY thing about PM that I like over Koodo is the USA roaming plans, they just seem to match my usage better when travelling. For this though? They've got me.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2077 posts
1313 upvotes
Cambridge
Any idea what the best phone from Walmart is to take with this deal?
Aug 17, 2008
669 posts
70 upvotes
yo2boy wrote: Correct. Even if you decide to port a completely different number in AFTER activation your PM account will still be active unless you port the PM number.
Right! Thanks. I can still just port in my old number from PM into Koodo though correct? I don't want to change numbers.
Nov 27, 2014
126 posts
66 upvotes
NS
Successfully called in (on hold 5 min, total call time approx 15min) and got my wifes yet to be activated $45/8 sim switched to the $40/8 + $180 credit promo. It activated right away. I verified a friend referral, then setup self serve, ported her old PM #, which activated before I could power off the device. Sent myself (my PM # is eligible) a koodo referral. About 20min later, got a text from PM saying one if my friends left and my next bill will be higher. Now I just need to decide if I'm ordering a sim online or driving to Walmart...
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35087 posts
21059 upvotes
Center of Universe
hunt3rshadow wrote: Right! Thanks. I can still just port in my old number from PM into Koodo though correct? I don't want to change numbers.
Yes, at any time through selfserve.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
6211 posts
5814 upvotes
jzmtl wrote: Only eligible for tab medium and small, meh.
If you go for the tab do you loose the $180 credit?

Also, to those doing the math, remember you will loose what you paid for your PM plan when you switch, so if you have 2 months of PM left you basically loose that. The $180 is really meant to mitigate that effect.
Aug 18, 2010
580 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
Zaptor99 wrote: Promo plans qualify for medium tab. I switched form $45 to $40 and still qualify. I'm on BYOP now.

Untitled.png
you switched from 45/8 to 40/8 by calling in?
May 8, 2016
197 posts
328 upvotes
On Rogers $40/4gb BYOD plan right now. Planning to get this advantage. Can I get a new PM plan/sim right now and then switch to this Koodo plan? How does the referral thing works? Is it applicable to both PM and Koodo?
Dec 15, 2017
127 posts
86 upvotes
Do you choose tranfer current number or get new one? I cant care less about my PM number. Any implications if I choose not to tranfer now?
Oct 7, 2009
710 posts
346 upvotes
Toronto
I used one of my family member's PM number ( with their permission) for $ 45 / 8 GB plan because they were not interested in paying $ 45.. Now they interested in the $ 35 plan but their number doesn't work online.. I feel bad for them.. We didn't know that $ 35 promo would be showing up that quickly right after the $ 45 promo.
I wish if there'a way out to get the $ 35 promo so I could help'em.
They are indeed on $ 120 /12 GB PM plan.
Last edited by jigz787 on Aug 25th, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber
Aug 17, 2008
669 posts
70 upvotes
Two questions,

1) Was anyone able to get the medium tab on the $35 5 GB promo.
2) Is Wal-Mart waiving the activation fee/SIM card charges if you do this promo through their Kiosk?
Mar 30, 2005
218 posts
59 upvotes
will888 wrote: People who do that are really stupid. All you need to do is contact Koodo and have them investigate. The guilty party will be in real trouble. I am happy to report that my referrals are all good people.
The worst part is if the party is successful in using your PM number for transfer to Koodo, your PM number might get disconnected after the transfer is processed. I don't understand how there's no security checks. Any one of your referees can turn on you one day in future promotions like this. Hope it will be fixed and not allow non-owners to apply for this type of promo.
Dec 3, 2017
32 posts
2 upvotes
Hamilton
Just wondering, do I have to actually port my PM number over to Koodo? Or can I just use existing PM number to be eligible for the offer?