Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2006
1992 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
I was able to add 4 phone lines into one account. One by one with no questions. Moved from Robbers to Koodies lol.

35 35 40 40.

Not bad
iPhone 2G (x2)>>IPhone 3G (x3)>>iPhone 3GS>>iPhone 4 (x2)>>Nexus One>>Nexus S (x3)>>Moto Atrix>>BB Bold>>BB curve 3G (x2)>>Samsung Galaxy S2 UK (x2)>>Samsung Galaxy S2 India>>Samsung Galaxy S2 (2)>>Palm Pre Plus>>White iPhone 4>>Nokia N95>>HTC Sensation 4G(x2)>>HP Pre 3>>Samsung Nexus (x2)>>IPhone 4S White>>Samsung Galaxy Note UK (x2)>>Nokia Lumia 710>>Samsung Galaxy S3 UK White>>HTC One X LTE White ATT>>HTC ONE X Grey UK>>HTC Wildfire S>>IPhone 5 Black
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18628 posts
6648 upvotes
Toronto
cypher wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 1:28 pm
Great news, thank you!

Final question is related to in-store promos. When I was singing up there were pretty good deals on Tab phones from places like Walmart/TMS/Wow Mobile where they offered additional gift cards/rebates on various phones (eg Samsung A8 $360 tab with $350 gift card). Are these weekend plans still happening and what is the best way to find out about them before this weekend? Do they get advertised on their respective webpages or only in store?
For store promos, you can keep an eye on this forum or call the stores yourself. Personally, I think it is best to separate hardware purchase from cell plan purchase. It is very difficult to time the two to perfection. If a good cell phone deal comes along, get a temporary plan with the phone.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1880 posts
1255 upvotes
Ottawa
cypher wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 1:28 pm
Great news, thank you!

Final question is related to in-store promos. When I was singing up there were pretty good deals on Tab phones from places like Walmart/TMS/Wow Mobile where they offered additional gift cards/rebates on various phones (eg Samsung A8 $360 tab with $350 gift card). Are these weekend plans still happening and what is the best way to find out about them before this weekend? Do they get advertised on their respective webpages or only in store?
Usually first notice I see of those deals is when @NavieM posts in Hot Deals somewhere, usually later in the day on Friday. Apparently nothing great right now and nothing great expected - at least compared to those back to school offers like the A8. I think the next time those good deals will be around is Black Friday.

You can always contact the stores themselves - though it's probably the same timeline, they don't find out what deals are being offered until Friday sometime. Maybe just plan to start calling the stores tomorrow afternoon and ask what kind of deals they have?
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Nov 6, 2003
273 posts
44 upvotes
Oakville, ON
will888 wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 1:33 pm
For store promos, you can keep an eye on this forum or call the stores yourself. Personally, I think it is best to separate hardware purchase from cell plan purchase. It is very difficult to time the two to perfection. If a good cell phone deal comes along, get a temporary plan with the phone.
cappaj wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 1:34 pm
Usually first notice I see of those deals is when @NavieM posts in Hot Deals somewhere, usually later in the day on Friday. Apparently nothing great right now and nothing great expected - at least compared to those back to school offers like the A8. I think the next time those good deals will be around is Black Friday.

You can always contact the stores themselves - though it's probably the same timeline, they don't find out what deals are being offered until Friday sometime. Maybe just plan to start calling the stores tomorrow afternoon and ask what kind of deals they have?
Thank you. I'll check the forum tomorrow and call in to the stores to see what they are offering. The wife definitely wants to switch this weekend so it's good advice to sign up now, regardless what phone hardware offers are around. If nothing good exists, she has no problem waiting until later periods like Black Friday, Christmas.
Sep 15, 2018
7 posts
will888 wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 12:12 pm
No restrictions on having two lines in one account. You can activation in store or online. Self referral is allowed.
How can I do the self referral? I want to add a line to my koodo account for my teen kid.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18628 posts
6648 upvotes
Toronto
ShawnZ48551 wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 2:28 pm
How can I do the self referral? I want to add a line to my koodo account for my teen kid.
Go to the refer a friend site and sign up for an account by following the prompts. I prefer to "sync" my online account with refer a friend by using the same email address. Once account is set up, you can use the link in the main landing page to issue referrals. Sign up how ever many referrals you need with the link. That is pretty much it. Just remember, $300 per account is the limit in any calendar year. Don't overdo it and not get paid for the effort. If you are out of referral room, pass referrals onto people in need.

https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/pu ... pg?lang=en
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18628 posts
6648 upvotes
Toronto
ShawnZ48551 wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 2:40 pm
Should I use my name with another email address?
For the new lines that will be accepting the referrals, you use your name but different email addresses for each line.
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18628 posts
6648 upvotes
Toronto
cypher wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 2:16 pm
Thank you. I'll check the forum tomorrow and call in to the stores to see what they are offering. The wife definitely wants to switch this weekend so it's good advice to sign up now, regardless what phone hardware offers are around. If nothing good exists, she has no problem waiting until later periods like Black Friday, Christmas.
There is a hot deals thread covering pre-owned iPhone 8 if that interests you. This is direct through Kooodo, no stores involved.
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Mar 7, 2011
906 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
Does anybody know what the deadline would be for me to port over my PM number? Activated my line with Koodo but since I still have a full month of prepaid service with PM, I might as well keep both lines active for as long as I can.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1434 posts
581 upvotes
Cambridge
kayceedee wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 3:06 pm
Does anybody know what the deadline would be for me to port over my PM number? Activated my line with Koodo but since I still have a full month of prepaid service with PM, I might as well keep both lines active for as long as I can.
Once you receive the activation email from Koodo, your service has become active and you're paying for it.
Dec 10, 2011
34 posts
29 upvotes
Vancouver
meus wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 1:31 pm
I was able to add 4 phone lines into one account. One by one with no questions. Moved from Robbers to Koodies lol.

35 35 40 40.

Not bad
Do all the lines you added to the original account have the 35$/5gb 40$/8gb offer too?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
6638 posts
34137 upvotes
meus wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 1:31 pm

35 35 40 40.

Not bad
how ? They let you get those plans for all 4 numbers?
Mar 7, 2011
906 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
orbitdesign wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 3:08 pm
Once you receive the activation email from Koodo, your service has become active and you're paying for it.
Yep. But I haven’t ported my PM number over to Koodo cuz once I do that, my PM account will be deactivated. Hence I want to hold off on doing that for as long as possible (I still have 1 month of prepaid service left with PM).
May 18, 2017
281 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
orbitdesign wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 3:08 pm
Which one is the activation email? I got an email saying my sim card is being shipped to me. Is there another email that comes later?