Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2020 11:17 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
6202 posts
5810 upvotes
sonician wrote: EDIT: I found the answer. Public Mobile does not offer partial refunds of any kind. So if you are new into your 90-day window, you're burning whatever you already paid to PM.
Which is exactly what the $180 is targetting, Telus isn't dumb.

Still, for most people, without hefty referrals, this deal is a no brainer.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 12, 2009
19650 posts
7768 upvotes
Toronto
RCYK wrote: The worst part is if the party is successful in using your PM number for transfer to Koodo, your PM number might get disconnected after the transfer is processed. I don't understand how there's no security checks. Any one of your referees can turn on you one day in future promotions like this. Hope it will be fixed and not allow non-owners to apply for this type of promo.
Koodo won't port my number. That requires additional permissions and credentials. When people ask for referrals, it should be in good faith. Likewise when people offer referrals, it should be in good faith. We are assisting each other when we do this. I hate azzholes who cut corners.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 19, 2006
9733 posts
4397 upvotes
Toronto
Kaitlyn wrote: Recently got the $45/8GB... but now I tried to get the $40/8GB. Save another $5/month PLUS $15/month credit for 12 months. Hope it goes through! Will have to do that annoying koodo prepaid port out-in to keep my # though lol
Did it work
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 12, 2009
19650 posts
7768 upvotes
Toronto
Tinattle wrote: Just wondering, do I have to actually port my PM number over to Koodo? Or can I just use existing PM number to be eligible for the offer?
You can do whatever you want. To look above board, I suggest creating a $10 Public Mobile account and porting that number. It's actually lucrative to do that. There's $50 of eligible referral credits in play at Public Mobile.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 22, 2008
712 posts
86 upvotes
London
Hey All, these threads have been blowing up and I've been with Koodo for over a year now. On the Manitoba/SK plan $45/8gb. Was wondering even if I get an eligible PM plan and got the text, what guarantee is there that I can port my existing Koodo number to PM (another sim/plan separate from the eligible) then port back to Koodo without losing my number? I have never done this on my own. Don't want to lose my current number. Thank you! :)
Sr. Member
User avatar
May 20, 2017
587 posts
187 upvotes
GTA
will888 wrote: I don't know how they make money doing this. I took a line back to Public Mobile. I can count without removing my socks how long I was back. Now going to Koodo will cost them around $300 in credits and $5 per month in lost revenue. Once I get the new line set up, I will qualify for $300 of referrals credits. I am going to invest some money and go back to Public Mobile with another line so that I can convert it to a cheaper costing line and make some credits along the way.
If Koodo are losing money, you think there keep doing PROMO ? Are there STUPID ? Over a year there been doing PROMO for PM Users, where is your crystal ball now ?
Sr. Member
Nov 26, 2015
624 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I was with koodo and switched to public mobile aug 16 2018.. instead of porting first I get pm random phone number ltr ported my koodo number to pm number..Now promo code is working only on number which pm gave me beforehand and not on my koodo number ..how to proceed if I want to buy a phone from walmart with these 35$5gb offer?
I know its complicated but can anyone help me here?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 12, 2009
19650 posts
7768 upvotes
Toronto
3py0n wrote: Hey All, these threads have been blowing up and I've been with Koodo for over a year now. On the Manitoba/SK plan $45/8gb. Was wondering even if I get an eligible PM plan and got the text, what guarantee is there that I can port my existing Koodo number to PM (another sim/plan separate from the eligible) then port back to Koodo without losing my number? I have never done this on my own. Don't want to lose my current number. Thank you! :)
It's totally fool proof. You just need to port out and back in. Porting never loses a number even if there's a glitch. Porting within the Telus family is super fast.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Newbie
Jun 30, 2018
13 posts
2 upvotes
I moved from Koodo to Public Mobile in July and was later offered the $40/6GB Koodo migration plan, which I accepted. The current promos made me call Koodo today. After talking and negotiating with Koodo's staff, I was offered 10% (lifetime) discount on my $40/6GB. That is $36 for unlimited Canada-wide minutes, unlimited worldwide texting and 6GB of Data. I did not get $180 bill credit, which is bad Disappointed But Relieved Face. Now, I am wondering whether this is a good deal or not. What do you think guys?

I may have to get another Public Mobile plan to get ready for Black Friday and Boxing Day Promos. Thanks.
Last edited by Coolnonny on Aug 25th, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
User avatar
May 20, 2017
587 posts
187 upvotes
GTA
3py0n wrote: Hey All, these threads have been blowing up and I've been with Koodo for over a year now. On the Manitoba/SK plan $45/8gb. Was wondering even if I get an eligible PM plan and got the text, what guarantee is there that I can port my existing Koodo number to PM (another sim/plan separate from the eligible) then port back to Koodo without losing my number? I have never done this on my own. Don't want to lose my current number. Thank you! :)
When you received your PROMO Plan Sim Card do not change phone number or you have to waited for 90 Days, you can port your current number to Koodo prepare or PM , then port it back to your PROMO account, remember your pin number and account number, porting is a breeze
Jr. Member
May 8, 2016
195 posts
328 upvotes
If I get a new PM sim/plan, will I still be eligible for this offer?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 12, 2009
19650 posts
7768 upvotes
Toronto
wonderwhy wrote: If Koodo are losing money, you think there keep doing PROMO ? Are there STUPID ? Over a year there been doing PROMO for PM Users, where is your crystal ball now ?
I don't work for Telus obviously. I have no clue how brain dead the marketing people are. I was totally content with paying $40 less some rewards with Public Mobile. Ever since they woke up the sleeping bear so to speak back in February, I have been on the run non stop. Along the way, they have only got a few bucks off of me for SIM cards. Now that they are free, it's going to be a while before they are getting money from me.
Last edited by will888 on Aug 25th, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 6, 2007
2808 posts
454 upvotes
Toronto
After wasting 4 hours yesterday trying to get my 45/8 to 40/8, I called it today and the supervisor did it asap. The supervisor yesterday wrote notes on my file that I called yesterday but the new supervisor was nice enough to overlook them. The tier 1 support was trying to give me the run around tho saying I can't talk to the supervisor again because they rejected me today.
Newbie
Dec 3, 2017
30 posts
2 upvotes
Hamilton
will888 wrote: You can do whatever you want. To look above board, I suggest creating a $10 Public Mobile account and porting that number. It's actually lucrative to do that. There's $50 of eligible referral credits in play at Public Mobile.
Will I be eligible for this migration offer if I activate a new 10$ PM account now do you think? Also, can I get free sim at Walmart for PM 10$ plan?
Sr. Member
User avatar
May 20, 2017
587 posts
187 upvotes
GTA
jawadjaved87 wrote: On Rogers $40/4gb BYOD plan right now. Planning to get this advantage. Can I get a new PM plan/sim right now and then switch to this Koodo plan? How does the referral thing works? Is it applicable to both PM and Koodo?
Too late for this PROMO, may be next PROMO if Koodo will run again
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 22, 2008
712 posts
86 upvotes
London
wonderwhy wrote: When you received your PROMO Plan Sim Card do not change phone number or you have to waited for 90 Days, you can port your current number to Koodo prepare or PM , then port it back to your PROMO account, remember your pin number and account number, porting is a breeze
ahhh so basically:
1. get a PROMO-eligible plan with PM (wait until I get the text)
2. Port my current koodo number to the cheapest PM plan
3. Get my new koodo promo plan setup
4. After I get my new SIM card and promo plan stuff port my original koodo number from the cheapest PM plan back to Koodo?


note: Currently waiting on the phone to speak with Koodo to see if I can get some deal whether on plan or better discount on a phone I want but I'm doing this with the MA/SK plan which makes me paranoid that they'll see I'm not calling from that province and revoke or force me to switch my plan. Is this unwarranted worries or possible?

Thank you all so far :)
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 12, 2009
19650 posts
7768 upvotes
Toronto
jawadjaved87 wrote: If I get a new PM sim/plan, will I still be eligible for this offer?
Who knows. You will definitely get something and likely even better. One thing is certain, you can win if you don't play.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Sr. Member
User avatar
May 20, 2017
587 posts
187 upvotes
GTA
Tinattle wrote: Will I be eligible for this migration offer if I activate a new 10$ PM account now do you think? Also, can I get free sim at Walmart for PM 10$ plan?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not a chance for this PROMO, maybe next PROMO
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 18, 2010
580 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
Musiq Soulchild wrote: After wasting 4 hours yesterday trying to get my 45/8 to 40/8, I called it today and the supervisor did it asap. The supervisor yesterday wrote notes on my file that I called yesterday but the new supervisor was nice enough to overlook them. The tier 1 support was trying to give me the run around tho saying I can't talk to the supervisor again because they rejected me today.
So the rep that picked up said no, then you asked for the super?
Sr. Member
User avatar
May 20, 2017
587 posts
187 upvotes
GTA
3py0n wrote: ahhh so basically:
1. get a PROMO-eligible plan with PM (wait until I get the text)
2. Port my current koodo number to the cheapest PM plan
3. Get my new koodo promo plan setup
4. After I get my new SIM card and promo plan stuff port my original koodo number from the cheapest PM plan back to Koodo?


note: Currently waiting on the phone to speak with Koodo to see if I can get some deal whether on plan or better discount on a phone I want but I'm doing this with the MA/SK plan which makes me paranoid that they'll see I'm not calling from that province and revoke or force me to switch my plan. Is this unwarranted worries or possible?

Thank you all so far :)
BINGO good luck

Top