Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2019 2:46 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2002
1057 posts
406 upvotes
Vancouver
Spoofology wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 11:53 pm
Just wanna make sure I do this properly! Do you mean I need to buy a new SIM card from another carrier, port my Koodo number to that new SIM card, then go through the set up process for this plan, and then port my Koodo number onto the new plan?

Also, would it work if I just potted out to Koodo prepaid?
Port out only to Telus, Koodo or Public Mobile prepaid otherwise you have to wait 30 days if you port out to a non-Telus brand
koodo customer
$55/16gb
$40/8gb
$35/5gb
Dec 21, 2013
7 posts
1 upvote
London
Just out of curiosity, has anyone that migrated to PM from Rogers (with a Rogers number) gotten this migration text? Or is this strictly for PM originating numbers?
Dec 27, 2016
536 posts
617 upvotes
Sorry if this is answered. I’ve literally read every post but too many to remember. I just switched to the $45/8gb on the 21st but still got the $35/5gb - $40/8gb offer from PM today. I have 15 days to cancel my Koodo and just pay what I’ve used. Can I cancel and port back to PM then take advantage of this?
Dec 15, 2017
182 posts
98 upvotes
Musiq Soulchild wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 11:58 pm
Does anyone know if it's possible to port out a Koodo number to bell prepaid and then port back into Koodo within the same day? Or is there a mandatory period of 90 days or something where you can't port back in the same number?
No, the number remains in the Koodo system if you do this. Not sure for how long. Koodo prepaid, Telus prepaid and PM are the only ways to port out and back instantly.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
27142 posts
13138 upvotes
Ottawa
Spoofology wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 11:53 pm
Just wanna make sure I do this properly! Do you mean I need to buy a new SIM card from another carrier, port my Koodo number to that new SIM card, then go through the set up process for this plan, and then port my Koodo number onto the new plan?

Also, would it work if I just potted out to Koodo prepaid?
Port out your Koodo number to Koodo prepaid.
Once you receive your new simcard, activate, log in to the self serve portal and proceed to port from Koodo prepaid.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1299 posts
697 upvotes
Calgary
vkizzle wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 11:57 pm
They're not going to call your friend, unless you also used his number in the online application.
it requires the promo code validation phone number to also be your contact number during the online application.
i tried typing my own number and it said invalid phone number.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1000 posts
398 upvotes
Mazda323 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 11:57 pm
I just tested that $30 500MB plan (signed on Aug 18) is NOT eligible. Can PM bill be prorated if I change over to $40 4.5GB 3G plan now so that I can get the promotion. Don't want to lose $33.60 I just paid days ago.
I doubt opening a PM line right now will make you eligible.
And no PM is not prorated they are prepaid.
If you want to try just get a new number pay for a month and see if you get the promo or whatever comes after September 4th
Bell Loyalty (or unloyalty) could only offer me a plan that was MORE than my pretty bad current plan $55/2GB Boyd ... 15 year customer... bye Bell. Hello Koodo and public mobile
Banned
Dec 3, 2010
261 posts
192 upvotes
Toronto
davidvh wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 10:15 pm
That's exactly what I did... for two lines. I switched to Public Mobile's $40 4.5GB plan precisely two weeks ago. Received the $35 & $40 - $180 credit offers today.
I'm gonna take the plunge and switch tomorrow. hopefully I will get the text in time.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
27142 posts
13138 upvotes
Ottawa
Suthek wrote:
Aug 25th, 2018 12:01 am
it requires the promo code validation phone number to also be your contact number during the online application.
i tried typing my own number and it said invalid phone number.
I used my home phone number without any issues.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1000 posts
398 upvotes
mikealexander wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 11:59 pm
Just out of curiosity, has anyone that migrated to PM from Rogers (with a Rogers number) gotten this migration text? Or is this strictly for PM originating numbers?
My number was a Rogers number before but long ago not recently. Got the text.
Former Koodo number got the text too
Bell Loyalty (or unloyalty) could only offer me a plan that was MORE than my pretty bad current plan $55/2GB Boyd ... 15 year customer... bye Bell. Hello Koodo and public mobile
Mar 7, 2015
18 posts
5 upvotes
Surrey, BC
severeawesomeattacks wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 5:42 pm
Switched last week to the $45/8 promo, this $35 promo is more in line with what I need. Love to talk to someone, but I've been waiting on hold for 94 minutes. This is some nutty wait time.
After a collective 3 hours waiting on hold I finally got through to someone, alas the supervisors have "all gone home"...so no one can do anything. I've been promised a callback on Monday, I guess I'll see if that happens. I might just cut my losses, what I have is not so bad and chasing this has been a waste of time.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2002
4929 posts
1100 upvotes
Toronto
kearny wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 11:48 pm
damn...i was looking to flash come cyanogenmod on it...but found out its gone! and lineageOS doesnt support p20 pro yet....i didnt want the OP6 cuz i need the fingerprint on the front for when i use it on phone holder when "commuting"
I was very much a proponent of front FP scanners but with OP's Face Unlock working faster than it takes to put your finger to the reader...I found that I use it less and less now.

With the P20, I have noticed the Face Unlock doesn't work as well and doesn't work in low-light like Apple/OnePlus, the screen lights up to illuminate your face to get a proper reading.

With the OP6T/OP7, judging by the OPPO and Vivo sister companies...and in the past they always share a lot of their design elements...I would be expecting an In-Screen reader and a small teardrop notch. https://www.gsmarena.com/oppo_r17_pro_i ... -32918.php
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro
'18 Union Flite Pro Red
'08 K2 T1
Nov 28, 2008
683 posts
30 upvotes
YMM/YEG
I was waiting for shipping email from the last deal. Now I am glad that I didn't get it yet.
I got the text for this deal and signed up in store for it. Didn't wanted to miss out on it.
Proud RFDer
PSN: ShaniSPG
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2002
4929 posts
1100 upvotes
Toronto
severeawesomeattacks wrote:
Aug 25th, 2018 12:03 am
After a collective 3 hours waiting on hold I finally got through to someone, alas the supervisors have "all gone home"...so no one can do anything. I've been promised a callback on Monday, I guess I'll see if that happens. I might just cut my losses, what I have is not so bad and chasing this has been a waste of time.
Chasing the dragon isn't good
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro
'18 Union Flite Pro Red
'08 K2 T1
Jul 12, 2012
60 posts
29 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Waited on the phone for about an hour an a half. Switched to the $45 8GB plan 5 days ago. Rep wouldn't budge. Tried the "support team." Also no luck. Boo...