Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

  • Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2020 2:12 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 17, 2016
2014 posts
1332 upvotes
Ottawa
will888 wrote: Thanks for the heads up! I have not been warned about any of this by Koodo. My assumption is that overall we are doing good by encouraging sign ups. Koodo pays a price up front, they get an opportunity to have a long term customer thereafter.

Anyway back in March during the $100 referral fiasco, one of my lines was abused. There were not that many people who had accounts set up and were positioned to give out $100 referrals. I gave my referral to a handful of people but my link ended up being shared. I lost count of referrals, it was about 10 pages of names. Of course, I received payment for $300 worth of referrals. Others received their share. I never got any feedback from Koodo over this. This had led me to think that there is no such thing as abuse of the system or if there was such a thing, the threshold is unbelievably high. I guess I will be a lot more careful going forward and perhaps strategically closing old accounts to remove old records. How many years of ongoing referrals does it take to get them to act?
Yeah, that's why I'm wondering how sure @BrendanD is of what caused what - did they label him dealer because of too many referrals, or did they stop letting him get paid for referrals because he's labeled dealer?
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 12, 2009
19317 posts
7421 upvotes
Toronto
cappaj wrote: Yeah, that's why I'm wondering how sure @BrendanD is of what caused what - did they label him dealer because of too many referrals, or did they stop letting him get paid for referrals because he's labeled dealer?
To be fair to customers, the rules do say that each line is eligible for $300 every calendar year. Since they do cap it automatically, how can anyone be accused of abuse?
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $5/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 29, 2007
3266 posts
2455 upvotes
No Bum Deals
will888 wrote: To be fair to customers, the rules do say that each line is eligible for $300 every calendar year. Since they do cap it automatically, how can anyone be accused of abuse?
Talking about abuse of the system, a big thank you to the person who recently left me two presents on Refer-a-friend:

F*t C**t and B*g D*ck
Both are presently verifying details. I look forward to activation and I'm glad I'm in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks again.
Last edited by pooper on Sep 28th, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 - 1x Koodo 39/10 - 1x Fido 0/3 🢀
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 12, 2009
19317 posts
7421 upvotes
Toronto
pooper wrote: Talking about abuse of the system, a big thank you to the person who recently left me two presents on Refer-a-friend:

F*t C**t and B*g D*ck
Both are presently verifying details. I look forward to activation and I'm glad I'm in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks again.
I got some of those as well. I take it in stride. If that is what makes the sick people happy, well it is better than doing something violent. In 30 days, they expire.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $5/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1209 posts
1190 upvotes
GTA
pooper wrote: Talking about abuse of the system, a big thank you to the person who recently left me two presents on Refer-a-friend:

F*t C**t and B*g D*ck
Both are presently verifying details. I look forward to activation and I'm glad I'm in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks again.
I suppose they’re just staying with the theme of your username?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 29, 2007
3266 posts
2455 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Slono wrote: I suppose they’re just staying with the theme of your username?
I am known by my sons as the party pooper ;)
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 - 1x Koodo 39/10 - 1x Fido 0/3 🢀
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 12, 2009
19317 posts
7421 upvotes
Toronto
Slono wrote: I suppose they’re just staying with the theme of your username?
In the me too era, this kind of stuff is not really a good thing to do. If the character doing this kind of stuff bumps into the wrong person, it could get reported as a hate crime or cyber bullying.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $5/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 29, 2007
3266 posts
2455 upvotes
No Bum Deals
will888 wrote: I got some of those as well. I take it in stride. If that is what makes the sick people happy, well it is better than doing something violent. In 30 days, they expire.
Well, these do stay in history forever as expired, and won't us help trying to pretend they are all from 'friends'.
Too many of these may cause a red flag.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 - 1x Koodo 39/10 - 1x Fido 0/3 🢀
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1209 posts
1190 upvotes
GTA
will888 wrote: In the me too era, this kind of stuff is not really a good thing to do. If the character doing this kind of stuff bumps into the wrong person, it could get reported as a hate crime or cyber bullying.
I totally agree.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 12, 2009
19317 posts
7421 upvotes
Toronto
pooper wrote: Well, these do stay in history forever as expired, and won't us help trying to pretend they are all from 'friends'.
Too many of these may cause a red flag.
I guess we need to choose our friends wisely. Disappointed But Relieved Face
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $5/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 29, 2007
3266 posts
2455 upvotes
No Bum Deals
will888 wrote: I guess we need to choose our friends wisely. Disappointed But Relieved Face
Yes, my 1.6 billion Reddit friends and I are great pals.

To be fair, 80% of my referrals were genuine people I know or helped out. 20% have come from me waving my arms in the air.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 - 1x Koodo 39/10 - 1x Fido 0/3 🢀
Member
Jun 12, 2015
261 posts
53 upvotes
Mississauga
Well after being on the phone again and 2.5 hours. I got a supervisor who says "sorry I play by the books, your not eligible. But he will give me 2 GB for $10

I want to get for myself and the wife. Hers on a separate account
Member
Jun 12, 2015
261 posts
53 upvotes
Mississauga
wonderwhy wrote: For those who wish for the Future Koodo Migration Offer jump in


FLASH SALE! From September 29 to 30 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

public-mobile-flash-sale-september-29th ... #p29883777
I think it's more like pay 1 month get one month free.
You get credits back but is it to your credit card or only in account?
Sr. Member
User avatar
May 20, 2017
531 posts
158 upvotes
GTA
Tigre1215 wrote: I think it's more like pay 1 month get one month free.
You get credits back but is it to your credit card or only in account?
In the account PM is a Prepaid

Top