Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2682 posts
564 upvotes
Toronto
I've got a few and have given to friends and have reused 1 for sure twice. Does the code fail on signup if it has been used already, or does it fail later in the order process?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3660 posts
652 upvotes
Ontario
What are people doing with other people's codes?
Sep 6, 2011
818 posts
1190 upvotes
Slawek wrote:
Sep 29th, 2018 5:26 pm
Serious question? People who don't have eligible numbers are buying eligible numbers so they can sign up for this plan. Duh. C'mon man.

Edit: I also wouldn't refer to this as a "code". It's a 10 digit phone number that qualifies you for the offer, so it's not a code so stop calling it a code. If you're a giant dbag and you have a large contact list and go through the numbers.... You just saved money and you're welcome!
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3660 posts
652 upvotes
Ontario
isgaard wrote:
Sep 29th, 2018 5:29 pm
Serious question? People who don't have eligible numbers are buying eligible numbers so they can sign up for this plan. Duh. C'mon man.

Edit: I also wouldn't refer to this as a "code". It's a 10 digit phone number that qualifies you for the offer, so it's not a code so stop calling it a code. If you're a giant dbag and you have a large contact list and go through the numbers.... You just saved money and you're welcome!
Right, so they assume that person's number? Or they sign up as a new number? I'm just debating buying a "code" but not sure how it works if I'm already a Koodo client. I've had the same phone number for years and is tied to business too, so I'm more asking to find out if folks are losing their phone numbers when they buy someone else's PM account.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
8872 posts
3359 upvotes
6ix
Slawek wrote:
Sep 29th, 2018 6:27 pm
Right, so they assume that person's number? Or they sign up as a new number? I'm just debating buying a "code" but not sure how it works if I'm already a Koodo client. I've had the same phone number for years and is tied to business too, so I'm more asking to find out if folks are losing their phone numbers when they buy someone else's PM account.
You can buy the code. Once activated port your current existing Koodo number to Koodo prepaid /pm
then port back into the coded generated number.
Koodo customer $40/8GB
Nov 27, 2015
100 posts
88 upvotes
Calgary/Edmonton
So the deadline for this offer is tomorrow (Sept. 30). I'm a PM fall 2016 promo user, so I shouldn't have any hoops to jump through. I'm about to go to Walmart to try and get the deal (+ $30 activation free refund + 1000LD minutes).

Is there anything else I should be aware of before committing? Will Koodo/PM/Telus be bringing on an even better deal to get more people to switch in a few months?

The probability of Koodo doing a rate increase on these deals is low as there are too many people that would lose their minds and complain to CRTC for them to attempt it. Also, the RFD community and those on this promo plan make up just a small percentage of their actual user base --> They will let the deal ride.
Jan 24, 2015
325 posts
161 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
inputchip wrote:
Sep 29th, 2018 6:54 pm
So the deadline for this offer is tomorrow (Sept. 30). I'm a PM fall 2016 promo user, so I shouldn't have any hoops to jump through. I'm about to go to Walmart to try and get the deal (+ $30 activation free refund + 1000LD minutes).

Is there anything else I should be aware of before committing? Will Koodo/PM/Telus be bringing on an even better deal to get more people to switch in a few months?

The probability of Koodo doing a rate increase on these deals is low as there are too many people that would lose their minds and complain to CRTC for them to attempt it. Also, the RFD community and those on this promo plan make up just a small percentage of their actual user base --> They will let the deal ride.
if you didn't get the text, and aren't eligible online, you will have hoops. read the thread.
Nov 27, 2015
100 posts
88 upvotes
Calgary/Edmonton
redflags10 wrote:
Sep 29th, 2018 6:58 pm
if you didn't get the text, and aren't eligible online, you will have hoops. read the thread.
I got the text, and my number is eligible online. No hoops. I read the first 50 pages of the thread, don't have time for the other 500 pages.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
8872 posts
3359 upvotes
6ix
inputchip wrote:
Sep 29th, 2018 6:54 pm

Nobody knows, if we knew there was something better why would we sign up now?
Koodo customer $40/8GB
May 20, 2017
504 posts
153 upvotes
GTA
My crystal ball can't see the future of Koodo Promo Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Jan 24, 2015
325 posts
161 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
with adding the captcha, it's a lot harder to generate codes (what the $50-$60 sellers were doing). and because more numbers have been used, it's even more difficult to generate codes.

so makes sense the prices have gone up. $100+ is market value for these imo
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6566 posts
165 upvotes
Vancouver
wonderwhy wrote:
Sep 29th, 2018 7:53 pm
My crystal ball can't see the future of Koodo Promo Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Get some windex and a microcloth, clean it. Winking Face
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
2422 posts
1573 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Slawek wrote:
Sep 29th, 2018 5:26 pm
A handshake between the sellers and hacker.
Share the wealth. Go underground.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 [both FREE] | 1x Koodo 40/6 [paying $15] | 1x Fido Data 15/3 [FREE - Free GPad] 🢀
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
2422 posts
1573 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Pavel wrote:
Sep 29th, 2018 8:00 pm
Get some windex and a microcloth, clean it. Winking Face
perfect.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 [both FREE] | 1x Koodo 40/6 [paying $15] | 1x Fido Data 15/3 [FREE - Free GPad] 🢀