Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2020 11:17 am
Nov 26, 2015
624 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I was with koodo and switched to public mobile aug 16 2018.. instead of porting first I get pm random phone number ltr ported my koodo number to pm number..Now promo code is working only on number which pm gave me beforehand and not on my koodo number ..how to proceed if I want to buy a phone from walmart with these 35$5gb offer?
I know its complicated but can anyone help me here?
Dec 22, 2008
712 posts
86 upvotes
London
wonderwhy wrote: BINGO good luck
I read somewhere in this thread there's a 90-day wait time to port? DO I have to be with PM for 3 months then? Before I can port my original number back to Koodo (once I get a promo plan)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35059 posts
21022 upvotes
Center of Universe
Coolnonny wrote: I moved from Koodo to Public Mobile in July and was later offered the $40/6GB Koodo migration plan, which I accepted. The current promos made me call Koodo today. After talking and negotiating with Koodo's staff, I was offered 10% (lifetime) on my $40/6GB. That is $36 for unlimited Canada-wide minutes, unlimited worldwide texting and 6GB of Data. I did not get $180 bill credit, which is bad Disappointed But Relieved Face. Now, I am wondering whether this is a good deal or not. What do you think guys?

I may have to get another Public Mobile plan to get ready for Black Friday and Boxing Day Promos. Thanks.
Great minds think alike.
I plan to open the $10 PM plan and if something better than this comes out later, I will try to jump on it also.
The $180 credit will offset the extra $10 I will have to pay for a bit.
Mar 14, 2018
423 posts
298 upvotes
What's a PROMO-eligible plan with PM? I signed up with PM last week during the other promo and I didn't receive any text offer for the new promo this week.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35059 posts
21022 upvotes
Center of Universe
3py0n wrote: I read somewhere in this thread there's a 90-day wait time to port? DO I have to be with PM for 3 months then? Before I can port my original number back to Koodo (once I get a promo plan)
No!
Jun 30, 2018
13 posts
2 upvotes
wonderwhy wrote: When you received your PROMO Plan Sim Card do not change phone number or you have to waited for 90 Days, you can port your current number to Koodo prepare or PM , then port it back to your PROMO account, remember your pin number and account number, porting is a breeze
I am already on the $40/6GB Koodo plan (since July), which is now $36/6GB because of 10% discount. I did port my phone number over from Public Mobile in July. $180 bill credit would have made it a much better deal considering we all are here for better deals. Smiling Face With Open Mouth Smiling Face With Open Mouth Thanks.
Dec 5, 2008
86 posts
26 upvotes
Montreal
Where can we check if 180$ bill credit is properly applied ? Or we have to wait for first bill come ?
Jan 3, 2017
48 posts
61 upvotes
Existing koodo customer here. I am on the 5gb for $48 plan and my husband is on the 2gb for $40 plan. I called in this morning and let them know I would be moving to pm unless they could offer me some kind of deal.

The first gentlemen I talked to was nice but kept going on about the pm to koodo promo plans (which I did not mention before he did) and said they were only available to ppl who were part of the pm promo because pm is closing. I let him do his thing and still insisted to be transferred to retentions. He connected me with a supervisor.

Once I got to him, he explained that there's no way for him to give me the same plan, it isn't in the system he doesn't want to lose his job etc. I told him it seems kinda silly that id have to port to pm to get this good of a deal when I been a customer with koodo for years etc. He agreed and offered to give me a lifetime 10% discount and a free 1gb add on for 2 years. I accepted and made him do same for husband.

In the end I got 6gb $43 and my husband got 3gb $36
not the best but better than before. Good luck to anyone else who is an existing koodo customer and wants to try.
Nov 6, 2008
130 posts
48 upvotes
Calgary, AB
3py0n wrote: ahhh so basically:
1. get a PROMO-eligible plan with PM (wait until I get the text)
2. Port my current koodo number to the cheapest PM plan
3. Get my new koodo promo plan setup
4. After I get my new SIM card and promo plan stuff port my original koodo number from the cheapest PM plan back to Koodo?

note: Currently waiting on the phone to speak with Koodo to see if I can get some deal whether on plan or better discount on a phone I want but I'm doing this with the MA/SK plan which makes me paranoid that they'll see I'm not calling from that province and revoke or force me to switch my plan. Is this unwarranted worries or possible?

Thank you all so far :)
Just dont worry about that. I spoke to loyalty 2,3 months ago about my two Saskatchewan lines 3 times and they told me to stay on the plan as it was the best plan at that time.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2808 posts
454 upvotes
Toronto
justasomeone wrote: So the rep that picked up said no, then you asked for the super?
Yeah pretty much. Keep trying...I just said the first supervisor didn't fully understand my story.
May 20, 2017
586 posts
187 upvotes
GTA
3py0n wrote: I read somewhere in this thread there's a 90-day wait time to port? DO I have to be with PM for 3 months then? Before I can port my original number back to Koodo (once I get a promo plan)
NO, if you have not change your new PROMO Sim Card number, you instant port your Cellphone number back to your PROMO Sim Card
Aug 17, 2008
669 posts
70 upvotes
code wrote: Where can we check if 180$ bill credit is properly applied ? Or we have to wait for first bill come ?

Very good question. You might have to wait for your first bill unless somebody can confirm there's something on your account that shows this?
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2242 posts
789 upvotes
Ontario
Coolnonny wrote: I moved from Koodo to Public Mobile in July and was later offered the $40/6GB Koodo migration plan, which I accepted. The current promos made me call Koodo today. After talking and negotiating with Koodo's staff, I was offered 10% (lifetime) on my $40/6GB. That is $36 for unlimited Canada-wide minutes, unlimited worldwide texting and 6GB of Data. I did not get $180 bill credit, which is bad Disappointed But Relieved Face. Now, I am wondering whether this is a good deal or not. What do you think guys?

I may have to get another Public Mobile plan to get ready for Black Friday and Boxing Day Promos. Thanks.
Woah, anyone else on the original pm to Koodo $40/6gb migration able to replicate this? I've only seen 2 other people on Koodo $40/6gb able to get 1gb free or 2gb for $1/month. I rather pay $36/6gb
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5419 posts
1290 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Very good deal, almost every week pm to koodo have a promo.

Freedom Mobile F&F

Jun 15, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
Just did the port at wow for the $40 8GB and they were able to give a bill credit for the $30 activation fee. Got an A5 with $350 Master card as well
May 20, 2017
586 posts
187 upvotes
GTA
Coolnonny wrote: I am already on the $40/6GB Koodo plan (since July), which is now $36/6GB because of 10% discount. I did port my phone number over from Public Mobile in July. $180 bill credit would have made it a much better deal considering we all are here for better deals. Smiling Face With Open Mouth Smiling Face With Open Mouth Thanks.
Yes but this PROMO cheaper than your current Plan with $180 bill credit $30.20 plus tax for 8GB Data
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3729 posts
989 upvotes
Calgary
Kalabar wrote: Just did the port at wow for the $40 8GB and they were able to give a bill credit for the $30 activation fee. Got an A5 with $350 Master card as well
Did they have to ask for the text?
Oct 22, 2006
637 posts
275 upvotes
hunt3rshadow wrote: Two questions,

1) Was anyone able to get the medium tab on the $35 5 GB promo.
2) Is Wal-Mart waiving the activation fee/SIM card charges if you do this promo through their Kiosk?
Yea same question if we are able to get the tab and $15/month credit. I am under the impression that the $180 is tab only. Can we combine promotional Gift Cards with it.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2011
1071 posts
1153 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: I plan to open the $10 PM plan
Then you won't be targeted for any migration offers. Telus is not going to mass-text-offer everyone on the $10 PM plan to migrate to a Koodo plan at $40, the jump in spending is too much for the regular customers. You need to go on the $40 4.5GB plan.

Walmart is doing free SIM plus $25 credit, add $10 for referral. What you do is DO NOT give them your credit card info for recurring billing so the service is only for one month, keep the number for the next round as the number is still good for another 90 days after the service expiry.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)