Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18496 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
Duality wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2018 2:32 pm
I had to call Koodo because the $180 credit was applied to the first random number they gave me and not the number that I ported afterward from Public Mobile. So I received the $15 credit for my bill from Sept 3rd - 30th but not for October 1 - 31st. I called them and they said they were going to change the phone number that credit is applied to, to my ported number instead. If anyone else is having issues with the $180 credit not showing on their bill, it may be worth it to reach out to Koodo. :)
This is great. So, every legit port will results in credits not being applied. They will be swamped with calls for a while. Somehow, they should link the credit to the type of plan and account to which the plan is actuated in instead of the phone number which can change.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
1351 posts
796 upvotes
Surrey
will888 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2018 6:03 pm
This is great. So, every legit port will results in credits not being applied. They will be swamped with calls for a while. Somehow, they should link the credit to the type of plan and account to which the plan is actuated in instead of the phone number which can change.
I wonder if it credit will automatically adjust to the new number next month anyway. If not then maybe when they get swamped with phone calls they will automatically start to make the adjustments on peoples accounts. I don't want to call in because my ported in numbers are not PM numbers
Koodo $40/8gb $35/5gb wireless plans//
Jan 27, 2007
579 posts
413 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Is this the first promo they offer such credit? I mean you would think they know how their system works and apply the credit properly. They must know an online order will get a temp number first.
Mar 26, 2010
844 posts
45 upvotes
Scarborough
Duality wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2018 2:32 pm
I had to call Koodo because the $180 credit was applied to the first random number they gave me and not the number that I ported afterward from Public Mobile. So I received the $15 credit for my bill from Sept 3rd - 30th but not for October 1 - 31st. I called them and they said they were going to change the phone number that credit is applied to, to my ported number instead. If anyone else is having issues with the $180 credit not showing on their bill, it may be worth it to reach out to Koodo. :)
I have the same issue. My bill has the $15 credit on the temp number and not my ported number.
will888 wrote:
Customer service told me this is how the credit was being applied when I asked them about the credits before my phone came, but I guess not.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18496 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
Zaptor99 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2018 8:59 pm
Is this the first promo they offer such credit? I mean you would think they know how their system works and apply the credit properly. They must know an online order will get a temp number first.
I don't have specific experience. Back in March, those $100 credits were activation credits. You got them right away. Porting or not doesn't change anything. This is a totally different situation.
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18496 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
ffonly wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2018 7:15 pm
I wonder if it credit will automatically adjust to the new number next month anyway. If not then maybe when they get swamped with phone calls they will automatically start to make the adjustments on peoples accounts. I don't want to call in because my ported in numbers are not PM numbers
If you don't have the guts to call right away, then wait one month and see of the system will correct itself the following month. $180 is worth the risk.
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1546 posts
404 upvotes
MastaOogway wrote:
Sep 28th, 2018 7:50 am
That's bs if they can't give you the plan they can at least give you 2gb extra data to make it 8gb. That's what happened in my case.
will888 wrote:
Sep 28th, 2018 8:29 am
It was reported by a very determined member that on the 7th try, he had a breakthrough. If you are going to give up so quickly, all is lost. You are better off playing the fall migration lottery.
:) hehe yes.. already in the ambush position, and ready to jump on the next offer :)

I will still try to get 2GB extra by calling retentions, but do not hold high hopes..
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18496 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
Tichi wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 5:53 am
:) hehe yes.. already in the ambush position, and ready to jump on the next offer :)

I will still try to get 2GB extra by calling retentions, but do not hold high hopes..
When you talk to retention, you will the end the conversation by asking them to submit the number port?
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
May 18, 2007
618 posts
84 upvotes
Hi, Guys

How long would take u to get the activation email from Koodo after receiving the sim card? I got the sim card yesterday, but not yet get the activation email.
Last edited by pr3dat0r on Oct 4th, 2018 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 10, 2018
292 posts
117 upvotes
EDL67134234 wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2018 5:05 pm
Has anyone had luck porting their number and retaining $180 credit?

I have a payment for my PM account but would rather port my number out and transfer the referral credit on the account to family member’s account.
Anyone?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
2444 posts
1588 upvotes
No Bum Deals
My gut feeling is the 180 credit will automatically apply if the correct PM number was ported in and the selection to port was picked when applying for the promo.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 [both FREE] | 1x Koodo 40/6 [paying $15] | 1x Fido Data 15/3 [FREE - Free GPad] 🢀
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
2444 posts
1588 upvotes
No Bum Deals
pr3dat0r wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 9:16 am
Hi, Guys

How long would take u to get the activation email from Koodo after receiving the sim card? I got the sim card yesterday, but not yet get the activation email.
Should take a few days max.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 [both FREE] | 1x Koodo 40/6 [paying $15] | 1x Fido Data 15/3 [FREE - Free GPad] 🢀
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4343 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto
So I messed up...

The sim comes with some random number already on it, and before porting my number over, I decided to check out Mobile Services, Manage Your Number. They give you 2 options, Find A New Number, and Transfer Your Phone Number. So of course I had to check out Find A New Number, and switched to a new number just for fun.

Just for curiosity's sake, I went back to Find A New Number, and it said "only one phone number change per billing cycle".. Ok that's fine I don't need to change again to a new number, I want to port mine in.

But when I went to Transfer Your Phone Number to port my number in, it says "We are unable to complete your request at this time. Phone number changes can only be completed once every 90 days through your online account."..

So what do I do? Should I call to port in, or should I go to the store to port in, since I can't do it online now?

Or is it that regardless of whether it's through online/phone/store, it's only possible to change the number (whether Find a New Number or porting in) once every billing cycle, even Koodo reps can't help me?

Also, is that second message "We are unable to complete your request at this time. Phone number changes can only be completed once every 90 days through your online account." accurate? Because it doesn't quite jive with the previous message that "you can only change your number once a billing cycle".. Or is the keyword there "through your online account", meaning "it's possible to change the number once per billing cycle, but can only do it once every 90 days if you do it through the online account"?

Or is the second statement just wrong (because this statement is written on the old version of the Koodo site that it bounces you to sometimes which is really annoying), and you ARE able to change the number once per billing cycle (not every 90 days), even through the online account?

I ask because I'm wondering, if I were to wait till the next billing cycle to port in, can it be done online, or is the 90 day thing accurate, which case I'm definitely not waiting 90 days.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28398 posts
14186 upvotes
Ottawa
fightbriz wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 11:43 am
So I messed up...

The sim comes with some random number already on it, and before porting my number over, I decided to check out Mobile Services, Manage Your Number. They give you 2 options, Find A New Number, and Transfer Your Phone Number. So of course I had to check out Find A New Number, and switched to a new number just for fun.

Just for curiosity's sake, I went back to Find A New Number, and it said "only one phone number change per billing cycle".. Ok that's fine I don't need to change again to a new number, I want to port mine in.

But when I went to Transfer Your Phone Number to port my number in, it says "We are unable to complete your request at this time. Phone number changes can only be completed once every 90 days through your online account."..

So what do I do? Should I call to port in, or should I go to the store to port in, since I can't do it online now?

Or is it that regardless of whether it's through online/phone/store, it's only possible to change the number (whether Find a New Number or porting in) once every billing cycle, even Koodo reps can't help me?

Also, is that second message "We are unable to complete your request at this time. Phone number changes can only be completed once every 90 days through your online account." accurate? Because it doesn't quite jive with the previous message that "you can only change your number once a billing cycle".. Or is the keyword there "through your online account", meaning "it's possible to change the number once per billing cycle, but can only do it once every 90 days if you do it through the online account"?

Or is the second statement just wrong (because this statement is written on the old version of the Koodo site that it bounces you to sometimes which is really annoying), and you ARE able to change the number once per billing cycle (not every 90 days), even through the online account?

I ask because I'm wondering, if I were to wait till the next billing cycle to port in, can it be done online, or is the 90 day thing accurate, which case I'm definitely not waiting 90 days.
Call the port team...the number is somewhere in this thread.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18496 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
fightbriz wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 11:43 am
So I messed up...

I think it's every 30 days. If Koodo is like Public Mobile, the one change per month is a hard limit that nobody can override.
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank