Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Oct 11, 2017
78 posts
60 upvotes
Vancouver
Zaptor99 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2018 8:59 pm
Is this the first promo they offer such credit? I mean you would think they know how their system works and apply the credit properly. They must know an online order will get a temp number first.
U dont need to use rocket science to explain some1s stupidity lol. I was inside that hive from 2002 to 2014, used to be involved in creating and participating in pretty much everything, from billing to marketing and have seen much worse screw ups than that.
Apr 7, 2017
36 posts
19 upvotes
GTA
Did anyone else get blank sims when they ordered their promo plans? I just got my 3rd and 4th promo plan sims in the mail yesterday and they're blank and don't work. Called up Koodo and the rep told me that they probably aren't activated yet and I should just wait and see what happens.

My 1st and 2nd promo plan sims came in the mail a couple days ago and worked flawlessly so I really did not expect this situation to happen.

The self serve accounts for those sims aren't even showing up on the Koodo website either, very strange. Never had something like this ever happen to me
Last edited by AndrizzyR on Oct 4th, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16452 posts
6388 upvotes
Oakville
AndrizzyR wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 3:16 pm
DId anyone else get blank sims when they ordered their promo plans? I just got my 3rd and 4th promo plan sims in the mail yesterday and they're blank and don't work. Called up Koodo and the rep told me that they probably aren't activated yet and I should just wait and see what happens.

My 1st and 2nd promo plan sims came in the mail a couple days ago and worked flawlessly so I really did not expect this situation to happen.

The self serve accounts for those sims aren't even showing up on the Koodo website either, very strange. Never had something like this ever happen to me
This is extremely common, particularly during busy promo times like this - they'll ship the sim, and then activate it some time later. Usually gets activated within a couple days.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
2035 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
A couple days after I ported away from Fido, they called me up and offered me the 5GB plan for $40. Anyone get something similar?
15+ Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
Jun 30, 2013
587 posts
239 upvotes
GTA
Driftwood wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 5:25 pm
A couple days after I ported away from Fido, they called me up and offered me the 5GB plan for $40. Anyone get something similar?
SO that's a fact, what's your decision?
I only response to real deals, otherwise I am blank
  1. Koodo 40/8 Line 1
  2. PM 50/8 N/American Talk Line 3
  3. Koodo 40.5/8 Line 2
  4. Koodo 40/8 Line 4

Self Referral Tips for Koodo - https://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-3 ... #p29790634
Mar 26, 2010
844 posts
45 upvotes
Scarborough
So I just got off from a call with CS, and they basically mentioned that since this is the first bill this is how it is going to look. The $180 will continue to be applied from the next bill, and eventually the $50 refer a friend credit if you claimed that as well.

I guess I'll wait until next month to see if the credit gets applied.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
1358 posts
803 upvotes
Surrey
fightbriz wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 11:43 am
So I messed up...

The sim comes with some random number already on it, and before porting my number over, I decided to check out Mobile Services, Manage Your Number. They give you 2 options, Find A New Number, and Transfer Your Phone Number. So of course I had to check out Find A New Number, and switched to a new number just for fun.

Just for curiosity's sake, I went back to Find A New Number, and it said "only one phone number change per billing cycle".. Ok that's fine I don't need to change again to a new number, I want to port mine in.

But when I went to Transfer Your Phone Number to port my number in, it says "We are unable to complete your request at this time. Phone number changes can only be completed once every 90 days through your online account."..

So what do I do? Should I call to port in, or should I go to the store to port in, since I can't do it online now?

Or is it that regardless of whether it's through online/phone/store, it's only possible to change the number (whether Find a New Number or porting in) once every billing cycle, even Koodo reps can't help me?

Also, is that second message "We are unable to complete your request at this time. Phone number changes can only be completed once every 90 days through your online account." accurate? Because it doesn't quite jive with the previous message that "you can only change your number once a billing cycle".. Or is the keyword there "through your online account", meaning "it's possible to change the number once per billing cycle, but can only do it once every 90 days if you do it through the online account"?

Or is the second statement just wrong (because this statement is written on the old version of the Koodo site that it bounces you to sometimes which is really annoying), and you ARE able to change the number once per billing cycle (not every 90 days), even through the online account?

I ask because I'm wondering, if I were to wait till the next billing cycle to port in, can it be done online, or is the 90 day thing accurate, which case I'm definitely not waiting 90 days.
U can change the number every billing cycle (30 days). Don't know if the reps can do it any sooner
Koodo $40/8gb $35/5gb wireless plans//
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
2447 posts
1601 upvotes
No Bum Deals
AndrizzyR wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 3:16 pm
Did anyone else get blank sims when they ordered their promo plans? I just got my 3rd and 4th promo plan sims in the mail yesterday and they're blank and don't work. Called up Koodo and the rep told me that they probably aren't activated yet and I should just wait and see what happens.

I was sent a dud recently. An actual dead sim. No phone would sense it was installed. I called in and swapped it for a new one I had in 'stock'.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 [both FREE] | 1x Koodo 40/6 [paying $15] | 1x Fido Data 15/3 [FREE - Free GPad] 🢀
Apr 7, 2017
36 posts
19 upvotes
GTA
pooper wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 10:32 pm
I was sent a dud recently. An actual dead sim. No phone would sense it was installed. I called in and swapped it for a new one I had in 'stock'.
Wow thats really weird, luckily for me I didn't have to swap for sims since they just activated my inactive sims. Just in time too since my plans were just ending!
Koodo Customer:
1.) $40/8GB
2.) $35/5GB
3.) $35/5GB
4.) $35/5GB
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1683 posts
1253 upvotes
Toronto
Was just reviewing my bill from the first month.

It seems 1 line got the $15 credit but was also charged a $10 "porting" fee... which is odd because the port failed online so I had no choice but to call in.

The second line was just charged $40 and didn't get the $15 credit at all.

Gonna have to call in tomorrow to see what's up.
Aug 18, 2010
376 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
Got my first invoice and bills credits show. Everything seems to be okay here.
Oct 7, 2009
638 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto
Junigenmukyoku wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 8:18 pm
So I just got off from a call with CS, and they basically mentioned that since this is the first bill this is how it is going to look. The $180 will continue to be applied from the next bill, and eventually the $50 refer a friend credit if you claimed that as well.

I guess I'll wait until next month to see if the credit gets applied.
People are getting panicked when they see their first bill don't understand it.
I already mentioned few pages ago that just wait for the second bill.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-35 ... #p29898488
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18497 posts
6567 upvotes
Toronto
justasomeone wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 11:23 am
Got my first invoice and bills credits show. Everything seems to be okay here.
Did your lines involve online order with number port?
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Nov 20, 2017
677 posts
619 upvotes
Toronto
I was told when I signed up in Walmart for this multiple times that I would be refunded the $30 activation fee in the next months bill, but now koodo are saying I won't.

Anyone have this problem? Seriously unhappy about this.
Aug 18, 2010
376 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
will888 wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 12:40 pm
Did your lines involve online order with number port?
Online order, kept temp number.