Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11194 posts
10220 upvotes
EananC641158 wrote: I was told when I signed up in Walmart for this multiple times that I would be refunded the $30 activation fee in the next months bill, but now koodo are saying I won't.

Anyone have this problem? Seriously unhappy about this.
Refund on the second or the third bill.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19293 posts
7410 upvotes
Toronto
justasomeone wrote: Online order, kept temp number.
This seems to be safe for getting the credits. I think the problem is for those who order online and then do a number port. When the web store provides the temporary number, the credit is linked to that number. A number port afterwards delinks the credit. We will have to see feedback from those who have received their first bill to confirm.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB, $28 RBC 5GB promo
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $10/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
3158 posts
2333 upvotes
No Bum Deals
will888 wrote: This seems to be safe for getting the credits. I think the problem is for those who order online and then do a number port. When the web store provides the temporary number, the credit is linked to that number. A number port afterwards delinks the credit. We will have to see feedback from those who have received their first bill to confirm.
Maybe, but the majority wants to use the plan on a valued number.
🢂 Want COVID-19? Run around all the stores buying non-essential goods and help spread it around. Thanks! 🢀
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2001
2577 posts
375 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if this plan comes with any type of tab?
Oct 5, 2018
2 posts
Just received my sim card in the mail. When I activate, do I need to do anything to cancel my PM plan or account? Or when I port my number over does it automatically cancel? Thanks!
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2001
2577 posts
375 upvotes
Toronto
EananC641158 wrote: The plan is expired.
I'm aware the plan is expired, just needed to know if anyone qualified for a tab and if so what type.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1703 posts
1100 upvotes
CathyH33621 wrote: Just received my sim card in the mail. When I activate, do I need to do anything to cancel my PM plan or account? Or when I port my number over does it automatically cancel? Thanks!
It will automatically cancel when you port over.

Wait for your activation email first before proceeding with anything. You'll need the activation email to create an account.
Oct 5, 2018
2 posts
Chewfam wrote: It will automatically cancel when you port over.

Wait for your activation email first before proceeding with anything. You'll need the activation email to create an account.
Thanks for the reply!
Jan 27, 2007
686 posts
544 upvotes
maddawg wrote: Anyone know if this plan comes with any type of tab?
Small and medium tabs. However, some on the $35/5gb plan have reported they only have access to small tab.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2003 posts
1326 upvotes
Ottawa
Zaptor99 wrote: Small and medium tabs. However, some on the $35/5gb plan have reported they only have access to small tab.
I think what happened is when activating in the $35 plan, you could get small or medium tab. But once the plan is activated, if you later decide to get a phone, you only qualify for small tab.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2001
2577 posts
375 upvotes
Toronto
Zaptor99 wrote: Small and medium tabs. However, some on the $35/5gb plan have reported they only have access to small tab.
Thank you. I have the $40 plan.
Nov 20, 2017
813 posts
740 upvotes
Toronto
Can we retroactively ad a tab phone to this plan or only can when signing up?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
3158 posts
2333 upvotes
No Bum Deals
I see they are cleaning up refer-a-friend ;)
Loads of fake-ass-troll entries since the promo. Good job I secured enough real ones early on.
Koodo wrote:Denial reason: This referral was denied because the person who received the referral has previously responded to another referral.
🢂 Want COVID-19? Run around all the stores buying non-essential goods and help spread it around. Thanks! 🢀
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9382 posts
4101 upvotes
6ix
pooper wrote: I see they are cleaning up refer-a-friend ;)
Loads of fake-ass-troll entries since the promo. Good job I secured enough real ones early on.
Same happened to me, i replied back to them and they approved in email but however the status on the referral site still says denied. I asked them about the site status however its been like 2 weeks no reply yet.

Koodo wrote:

Hi xxxxxxxxxxxx,

After reviewing your referral, we have decided to reward both you and your friend a $50 bill credit - $10/5months. Please note that it can take up to 8 weeks for your reward to appear on your accounts.

Thanks for participating in Koodo Refer A Friend!

Sincerely,

The Koodo Refer A Friend Support Team
Koodo $40 8GB