Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Apr 14, 2017
104 posts
120 upvotes
My bill shows $15 lease credit on it which would be for 12 months. Any one else got that?
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1846 posts
1337 upvotes
Toronto
grabAdeal wrote: My bill shows $15 lease credit on it which would be for 12 months. Any one else got that?
Yes the $15 credit shows up as lease
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4925 posts
1283 upvotes
Toronto
pooper wrote: I see they are cleaning up refer-a-friend ;)
Loads of fake-ass-troll entries since the promo. Good job I secured enough real ones early on.
Wait, can someone explain how the referral program works related to this Koodo promo plan? Since the promo plan was for PM customers to migrate to Koodo, technically you weren't referred to Koodo by anyone, you were referred by PM/Koodo themselves..

Do you just put in a referrer anyways? But on signup there was never any spot to put in your referrer, where could i enter that?
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2012 posts
1331 upvotes
Ottawa
fightbriz wrote: Wait, can someone explain how the referral program works related to this Koodo promo plan? Since the promo plan was for PM customers to migrate to Koodo, technically you weren't referred to Koodo by anyone, you were referred by PM/Koodo themselves..

Do you just put in a referrer anyways? But on signup there was never any spot to put in your referrer, where could i enter that?
Koodo's referral program requires you to get another customer's referral link, and click through and register before you activate a new account with Koodo; and then after you activate, you come back and complete the second half of the referral process by entering your now-active Koodo number.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Aug 16, 2015
749 posts
357 upvotes
Toronto, ON
grabAdeal wrote: My bill shows $15 lease credit on it which would be for 12 months. Any one else got that?
BengaliPrince wrote: Yes the $15 credit shows up as lease
That is different from what most others have posted so far, where is was described as "P2P". My second bill should be ready in a week so let's see what it shows...
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1846 posts
1337 upvotes
Toronto
georgep wrote: That is different from what most others have posted so far, where is was described as "P2P". My second bill should be ready in a week so let's see what it shows...
As long as your getting the credit one way or another it doesn't really matter what it's called...

I have 3 lines across two separate accounts and they all showed up like this
Images
  • Screenshot_20181009-130310.png
Last edited by BengaliPrince on Oct 9th, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
32036 posts
17917 upvotes
Ottawa
Just got off the phone with Koodo.
They are aware of the $15 credit being attached to the temp number and may appear to go "missing" on the ported number, but to not worry as they can see it attached to the account number also.
At the end of the day, it will be 12X$15 and will show up.
Sep 24, 2013
853 posts
562 upvotes
Ontario
vkizzle wrote: Just got off the phone with Koodo.
They are aware of the $15 credit being attached to the temp number and may appear to go "missing" on the ported number, but to not worry as they can see it attached to the account number also.
At the end of the day, it will be 12X$15 and will show up.
[/
quote]

Do we need to call in to straighten out this problem?
Apr 14, 2017
104 posts
120 upvotes
Yeah.. the difference would be credit on the account vs on the number. I will be porting a non public number on it in the next few days to find out what would be the impact on the next bill..!!
georgep wrote: That is different from what most others have posted so far, where is was described as "P2P". My second bill should be ready in a week so let's see what it shows...
Sep 24, 2013
853 posts
562 upvotes
Ontario
First bill had the $15 discount, but my second bill did not as I had ported my number in from Public Mobile. I called this morning and had a 5 minute wait on hold when a awesome CSR answered and did her magic and she manually added the discount for the next 11 months.Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2013
1304 posts
6760 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
buddshek wrote: First bill had the $15 discount, but my second bill did not as I had ported my number in from Public Mobile. I called this morning and had a 5 minute wait on hold when a awesome CSR answered and did her magic and she manually added the discount for the next 11 months.Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Same with me. They dont care which number you ported.
Koodo - Public Mobile - Tangerine
Nov 17, 2015
34 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
cappaj wrote: I got it by sending them an email via Contact Us in Self Serve. Took a week or so to have it applied but only a couple minutes to send the email, and I was in no rush.
I tried to email them as you advised. But I got rejected. I opened my account like in the beginning of September, would that be too long?
Oct 8, 2012
294 posts
104 upvotes
These guys changed my plan from the $45/8GB to $40/8GB +$180 credit last week without telling me lol and they stacked a 10% monthly discount and added a $50 tab credit.

I guess the emails and phone calls did it?