Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
30446 posts
16305 upvotes
Ottawa
isgaard wrote: A number that I activated for one month only back in June works for this promo, the line is currently active with no service and yet received text offers.

If you have any guests staying in Canada for a week or two, get PM for them (I got the $40 4.5GB plan back in June for $20 after referral and activation bonus minus SIM card fee and airtime) and don't forget the number as you can use this promo for somebody else.
You delete the credit card info and let the account get suspended?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3530 posts
722 upvotes
Calgary
shani_d_best wrote: I was waiting for shipping email from the last deal. Now I am glad that I didn't get it yet.
I got the text for this deal and signed up in store for it. Didn't wanted to miss out on it.
What did they ask from you to sign up in store?
Oct 26, 2010
301 posts
70 upvotes
Langley
Suthek wrote: i ended up using my buddies PM number. got through the full process. order confirmation emailed and received.

i notice the email states :

What are the odds of my friend actually getting called?
Did you choose "new number" or "port number" at the end of ordering?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1557 posts
1008 upvotes
Calgary
h2oever wrote: Did you choose "new number" or "port number" at the end of ordering?
"new number"
Dec 16, 2005
40 posts
17 upvotes
Was shopping around for giftcards or promos from kiosks/stores. Was checking out PCMobile and it looks like Koodo is taking over their services and noticed this.
Images
  • 01E674D0-11B7-4BB1-B320-E0E5EFBBDA65.jpeg
May 24, 2017
352 posts
232 upvotes
GTA
This should have super sizzling hot deal in the title !! Great plan and also $180 in credit.

Haven't seen that in a long while! Since Mobilicity days ! I remember they had $200 credit to account if you were porting to them. And if I'm not mistaken, Wind had similar offers. Telus creating quite a stir with this promo ! A ton of people are probably signing up with PM right now. :)
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
1770 posts
1181 upvotes
Laputa
DragOnT wrote: I have a feeling that Koodo is closing the hole since too many people are trying to switch over now - remember there way many $45/8G customers now since the last promo thru proper and "less" proper channels?
Both Koodo and Public Mobile belong to Telus, seems they are just trying to do some kind of internal migrant. That's it.
Thx OP, bought 10! :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1052 posts
455 upvotes
esemee wrote: You're absolutely right about having to fight it in court, but they're pretty explicit in their T and C's...
Are you paying full $120? Is anybody?
If they remove all rewards and throttle PM will you stay?

T and C’s can also be modified with 30 days notice. But I’m sure you knew that.
Bell Loyalty (or unloyalty) could only offer me a plan that was MORE than my pretty bad current plan $55/2GB Boyd ... 15 year customer... bye Bell. Hello Koodo and public mobile
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1052 posts
455 upvotes
car-key wrote: Was shopping around for giftcards or promos from kiosks/stores. Was checking out PCMobile and it looks like Koodo is taking over their services and noticed this.
Postpaid yes it was already with Telus the move to Koodo is new. Least they promised to keep as is till 2020
Pc Pre paid goes to bell
Bell Loyalty (or unloyalty) could only offer me a plan that was MORE than my pretty bad current plan $55/2GB Boyd ... 15 year customer... bye Bell. Hello Koodo and public mobile
Aug 11, 2018
117 posts
38 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: We ported to PM from Zoomer and received this migration promo.
What plan did you have with PM when u got the text?
$75/15GB + 10GB/$15
$35/5GB
Thank you El Tabador
Penalty Box
Sep 6, 2011
1045 posts
1097 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: You delete the credit card info and let the account get suspended?
I never gave the store rep any credit card info at sign up and the account is currently active was no service, up to 90 days after expiry of service. I used a referrer in line in front of me but he only gets a $1 as I only kept the service for one month.
Oct 16, 2017
286 posts
1011 upvotes
Can we still sign up with PM now, and get this deal?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2014
1268 posts
1040 upvotes
GroundBus wrote: Can we still sign up with PM now, and get this deal?
huge ymmv as its not guaranteed.
Nov 22, 2008
279 posts
31 upvotes
Suthek wrote: "new number"
I am in the same position as you..placed my order for 45/8gb on the 21st, got the same email the next morning. Hoping they don't do anything..