Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28413 posts
14196 upvotes
Ottawa
wearysky wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2018 12:01 pm
I wonder if it's just a matter of "making sure people are in the office when transfers are happening"? So "only processing during business hours" would make sense in that context (don't want a bunch of rogue transfers processing outside of business hours when there's nobody there to monitor it). Probably not, but it's at least a somewhat feasible explanation :)
Correct.
With RBC, online payments and wire transfers still requires someone at the back end to complete.
Aug 26, 2018
23 posts
7 upvotes
Nope I got the $35 plan on tab small in Aug. I chose an iPhone SE with $375 Walmart go, 180 bill credit etc.

wearysky wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2018 9:33 am
If I'm not mistaken, the $35 plan is only eligible for tab medium at sign up time as mentioned by others. Some of the $40 plans (like the original $40 6gb plan) remain medium tab eligible after sign up (mine is, signed up in Feb)
Aug 31, 2007
449 posts
83 upvotes
MastaOogway wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2018 12:26 am
On an unrelated topic I signed up my mom for the 35 dollar deal moving her from public to koodo, because i thought hey having data would be nice. The rep that i signed up with gave me the Pay-Per-Use Intl Long Distance add on and not the 1000 Intl LD min Bonus V2 add on, she made a close to 3 hour call to her friend in boston now the one bill will cost a extra 90 dollar more what fun. It sucks cuz i have the 1000intl ld add on my phone, but on public that call would've never worked. Guess I will have to call koodo tmr and try to work something out.

*edit also anyone know if I can get an add on after I use the mintues already? For example if i get the U.S 1000 minutes add on now will I be able pay 10 dollars instead of the 90?
Maybe next time you should show your mom how to make calls through a free VoIP service like fongo or maybe use WhatsApp or Facebook to make calls. Could save you a lot of money in the future
Nov 24, 2016
791 posts
825 upvotes
darksideleader wrote:
Oct 24th, 2018 10:24 am
Maybe next time you should show your mom how to make calls through a free VoIP service like fongo or maybe use WhatsApp or Facebook to make calls. Could save you a lot of money in the future
that was the problem. I showed her she can makes calls with google hangouts... before she was with public mobile so calls to the US doesn't go through and she would know to switch apps. But since I switched her to koodo she forgot about the fact she can make calls to the US. It's hard to teach old people new things.

*Update*I called koodo told them the story and they credited me back.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16452 posts
6387 upvotes
Oakville
MastaOogway wrote:
Oct 24th, 2018 11:13 am
that was the problem. I showed her she can makes calls with google hangouts... before she was with public mobile so calls to the US doesn't go through and she would know to switch apps. But since I switched her to koodo she forgot about the fact she can make calls to the US. It's hard to teach old people new things.

Can't you call Koodo and ask them to disable long distance calls on her account?
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Nov 24, 2016
791 posts
825 upvotes
wearysky wrote:
Oct 24th, 2018 11:34 am
Can't you call Koodo and ask them to disable long distance calls on her account?
I think you can remove the add on for long distance but calling to the US still works.
Oct 23, 2018
2 posts
Nope. I was offered this in Septemeber and have now Lost my phone. :( I just Tried it with my Public number and it says its no longer valid
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16452 posts
6387 upvotes
Oakville
MastaOogway wrote:
Oct 24th, 2018 11:58 am
I think you can remove the add on for long distance but calling to the US still works.
Well, yeah obviously you can remove the addon. But carriers will sometimes let you block certain features on accounts (ie texting) - it's worth calling to check to see if you can get specifically long distance calls blocked on that account.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Aug 31, 2007
449 posts
83 upvotes
MastaOogway wrote:
Oct 24th, 2018 11:13 am

That's awesome, I wonder if they will let me switch to 40$/6 or 8GB at this point? I'm using 35$/5GB but rogers has been cruddy so I'm already maxed out with 2 more weeks left to go on the cycle.

Problem is I haven't ported my PM number yet because I ended up giving that plan to my parents. Is there a specific employee you called that I can talk to :)?
Nov 24, 2016
791 posts
825 upvotes
darksideleader wrote:
Oct 24th, 2018 3:42 pm
That's awesome, I wonder if they will let me switch to 40$/6 or 8GB at this point? I'm using 35$/5GB but rogers has been cruddy so I'm already maxed out with 2 more weeks left to go on the cycle.

Problem is I haven't ported my PM number yet because I ended up giving that plan to my parents. Is there a specific employee you called that I can talk to :)?
I don't know if its worth it to try calling. If they look into they will be able to tell that you didn't port and all sorts of things can go wrong. Like revoking the credits etc. And if you do call I don't think first level employees have that power you might have to escalate that to a supervisor. level. Ya rogers internet went down in a lot of places this month so unfortunate.
Aug 31, 2007
449 posts
83 upvotes
MastaOogway wrote:
Oct 24th, 2018 7:54 pm
I don't know if its worth it to try calling. If they look into they will be able to tell that you didn't port and all sorts of things can go wrong. Like revoking the credits etc. And if you do call I don't think first level employees have that power you might have to escalate that to a supervisor. level. Ya rogers internet went down in a lot of places this month so unfortunate.
Yeah if i saw this coming no doubt I would have gotten the 40/8 with mid tab samsung A8 than 35/5 with small tab samsung a5.

Bought an extra 300megs for 12 bucks today. It was that or 7$ for 100 or 22$ for an extra GB....
Funny how attempts to save money can very well lose money in the end
Nov 24, 2016
791 posts
825 upvotes
darksideleader wrote:
Oct 24th, 2018 8:36 pm
Yeah if i saw this coming no doubt I would have gotten the 40/8 with mid tab samsung A8 than 35/5 with small tab samsung a5.

Bought an extra 300megs for 12 bucks today. It was that or 7$ for 100 or 22$ for an extra GB....
Funny how attempts to save money can very well lose money in the end
ya the 40 for 8gb was a pretty good deal. In hindsight probably should've just grabbed that plan.

*i probably should have grabbed it too.
Mar 28, 2015
114 posts
24 upvotes
Rural AB
MastaOogway wrote:
Oct 24th, 2018 8:51 pm
ya the 40 for 8gb was a pretty good deal. In hindsight probably should've just grabbed that plan.

*i probably should have grabbed it too.

You think Koodo will offer it to PM customers again ?
Black Friday maybe ?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
8909 posts
3418 upvotes
6ix
carbonfilter wrote:
Oct 25th, 2018 12:30 pm
You think Koodo will offer it to PM customers again ?
Black Friday maybe ?
It’s like lottery draw.
It’s possible, you just have to wait.
Koodo customer $40/8GB
Mar 28, 2015
114 posts
24 upvotes
Rural AB
I recently took the PM 4.5gb plan for $40 pm with 1 month free but would like the Koodo $40/8gb for sure