Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19293 posts
7407 upvotes
Toronto
torontokris wrote: Was just an easy example to not get into the postpaid prepaid discussion and changing emails so the port goes smoother.
But yes to keep your $ with Telus and screw Rogers/bell go to pm or Koodo prepaid... any issues pm will888 directly.
I would not want to use the word screw in the discussion. Churning through Public Mobile and picking up some referral credits can my looked at as screwing Telus. Let's separate what is good for us from everything else. We are here to get the hot deals.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB, $28 RBC 5GB promo
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $10/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1058 posts
459 upvotes
Thursday I get a text
Refer more people to PM for $25 credit

Friday I get a text
Move to Koodo.

Telus can't make up it's mind. =)
Bell Loyalty (or unloyalty) could only offer me a plan that was MORE than my pretty bad current plan $55/2GB Boyd ... 15 year customer... bye Bell. Hello Koodo and public mobile
Aug 24, 2018
139 posts
80 upvotes
Did not get this offer.. signed up two weeks ago
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1058 posts
459 upvotes
will888 wrote: I would not want to use the word screw in the discussion. Churning through Public Mobile and picking up some referral credits can my looked at as screwing Telus. Let's separate what is good for us from everything else. We are here to get the hot deals.
Wonder how long till PM figures out a $25 referral and people are leaving in a day.
Bell Loyalty (or unloyalty) could only offer me a plan that was MORE than my pretty bad current plan $55/2GB Boyd ... 15 year customer... bye Bell. Hello Koodo and public mobile
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
30943 posts
16713 upvotes
Ottawa
torontokris wrote: Wonder how long till PM figures out a $25 referral and people are leaving in a day.
I don't think they care, considering the party that ports out, forfeits their credit.
Jul 25, 2016
193 posts
512 upvotes
Vancouver
torontokris wrote: Thursday I get a text
Refer more people to PM for $25 credit

Friday I get a text
Move to Koodo.

Telus can't make up it's mind. =)
Curious if you wrre you able to get koodo to move over credits to your koodo account or did you just leave it?
Sep 11, 2008
510 posts
257 upvotes
Quebec
chris778 wrote: Curious if you wrre you able to get koodo to move over credits to your koodo account or did you just leave it?
That's why the 180$ bill crédit is here for.
Apr 2, 2018
436 posts
264 upvotes
Edmonton
jdown077 wrote: Sent you a PM!
Can you send me a PM as well please?
Koodo $35/5GB 3 lines, Bell $55/6GB, Public Mobile $10, Freedom Mobile $37.5/8GB, $37.5/5GB, $45/13GB, $45/13GB, Lucky Mobile $15
Oct 24, 2016
31 posts
24 upvotes
I understand that. What I mean is that they seem like they’re trying hard to get customers off their plans (PM) and I was wondering why. PM’s plan has been stable in the no changes to prices so far while other companies (Koodo) have more leeway to change their plans.

I’m just trying to find a reason why I would switch from my $120 90 days 12GB plan which is at $37 monthly currently to a Koodo 35/5 besides the extra 1gb for 2 dollars less.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2006
1318 posts
434 upvotes
Toronto
Quick question before I port over from PM. Do I keep using PM while I await for the SIM card to arrive in the mail? Will I experience a gap where I have no service if I sign up online with Koodoo?
Jul 25, 2016
193 posts
512 upvotes
Vancouver
darjman wrote: I understand that. What I mean is that they seem like they’re trying hard to get customers off their plans (PM) and I was wondering why. PM’s plan has been stable in the no changes to prices so far while other companies (Koodo) have more leeway to change their plans.

I’m just trying to find a reason why I would switch from my $120 90 days 12GB plan which is at $37 monthly currently to a Koodo 35/5 besides the extra 1gb for 2 dollars less.

I would think the possibility of $300 each year of possible referrals would be a nice if you have lots of people to refer.
Jan 27, 2007
686 posts
544 upvotes
chris778 wrote: Curious if you wrre you able to get koodo to move over credits to your koodo account or did you just leave it?
Koodo moved my credit of $50 from PM to Koodo last week. I asked nicely through email.
May 20, 2017
531 posts
158 upvotes
GTA
darjman wrote: So my question is why? Why should I move over to this plan as koodo can change the play anytime. Not a fan of that.

I don’t want to switch, I like my 37$/month plan right now but I’m just curious to why they keep sending us these aggressive offers.
Did you hear or heard Koodo jack up the user Plan price ? PM have
Last edited by wonderwhy on Aug 25th, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 15, 2017
191 posts
116 upvotes
bst wrote: Quick question before I port over from PM. Do I keep using PM while I await for the SIM card to arrive in the mail? Will I experience a gap where I have no service if I sign up online with Koodoo?
The sim will arrive with a new phone number, you finish the port process after you have received the sim and it has been activated.