Expired Hot Deals

Koodo

$40 - 10GB Unlimited Canada-wide calling/Int. texting for 24 months, in store only YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2021 1:06 am
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1188 posts
2280 upvotes
Jerico wrote: Wrong. Been a customer since 2008, never been charged for changes made over the phone. I have 6 lines with them and call in every 6 months to make sure everything is fine. Changed all 6 lines, by phone, within the last 4 months.

(I only said “wrong” back as you are being so aggressive. If you got charged and no one else has, thats on you)
Still wrong

Customer Service (by phone):
Add/Remove/Change Add-on
$10

Phone activation/Account set-up
$50

Plan change (allowed once per billing cycle)
$10

Reconnection from suspension for non-payment
$45 per account

Transfer of Ownership
$45

Bill copies
$5/bill

Just because you haven't been charged doesn't mean they can't charge you as per your agreement. It's on the website https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help?INT ... _ContactUs
They do not specify whether they can charge you if it's a plan offered on website or a special plan not offered on the site. Most reps may be nice to you if you're a long time customer, but doesn't mean they can't charge you. It's a trash policy, period
Jan 21, 2017
377 posts
253 upvotes
KevinT277396 wrote: I need a new phone as well, what would be be best way of going about doing this?
Depending on if you really need 10GB of data, Zoomer might be a better deal. They offer free phones with their plans. Yes, the plan is $45 for a 7GB plan but you get a free Google Pixel 4A or TCL 20 Pro 5G. Getting a phone through any other carrier will add at least $15 to the cost of your plan.

- Zoomer (7GB + free phone): $45 + HST = $50.85
- Koodo (10GB - no free phone): $40 + $15 (phone tab) + HST = $62.15

That's a difference of $271.20 over the course of your 2-yr contract. Zoomer is currently offering a credit of $150 and you could add another $50 referral credit. Now you're looking at close to a $500 difference. Just need to ask yourself if you really need 10GB of data.
Jan 1, 2018
555 posts
893 upvotes
Lukus2017 wrote: Depending on if you really need 10GB of data, Zoomer might be a better deal. They offer free phones with their plans. Yes, the plan is $45 for a 7GB plan but you get a free Google Pixel 4A or TCL 20 Pro 5G. Getting a phone through any other carrier will add at least $15 to the cost of your plan.

- Zoomer (7GB + free phone): $45 + HST = $50.85
- Koodo (10GB - no free phone): $40 + $15 (phone tab) + HST = $62.15

That's a difference of $271.20 over the course of your 2-yr contract. Zoomer is currently offering a credit of $150 and you could add another $50 referral credit. Now you're looking at close to a $500 difference. Just need to ask yourself if you really need 10GB of data.
I've never heard of zoomer, I live in a pretty small farm town in Ontario, always worried about the service of not picking one of the big guys
Jan 21, 2017
377 posts
253 upvotes
KevinT277396 wrote: I've never heard of zoomer, I live in a pretty small farm town in Ontario, always worried about the service of not picking one of the big guys
Falls under the umbrella of Cityfone which is owned by Rogers. Uses the Rogers' network so you'll get the exact same service quality (or not, if Rogers reception sucks for you).
Jan 13, 2009
315 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
Ludepower wrote: When will the sub carriers give us 5G?
They might not for a while…to differentiate their premium brands…
Jan 22, 2014
21 posts
13 upvotes
Burlington
they will start charging suddenly for some addons like international calling in between contract of 24 months . so be careful..
Dec 13, 2019
675 posts
529 upvotes
LyGuy wrote: Play the game and switch carriers for the best deal whenever
True dat! Smiling Face With Sunglasses

That's unfortunately the musical chairs game these days with our entrenched market of the Big 3 in both home and mobile services. You have to be willing to move and switch providers when you can get a much better deal. Gone are the days where you'll be rewarded handsomely for being a long-time loyal customer. Growth is only possible by poaching customers. Case-in-point, I just switched over my home services from Shaw to Telus since Telus was able to offer me better Internet speed and they're willing to give me a massive bill credit to offset the contract penalty I will have to pay for breaking Shaw's contract early while maintaining the same bill amount.

The Big 3 have been plagued by the "shiny object" syndrome for a long time where they're constantly in acquisition mode, treating their new customers better than existing ones, spending insane amounts of money to market and attract new customers instead of treating their existing ones better. Maybe customer churn looks better to their stockholders at least on paper of "how many new customers they've acquired" this quarter. I'm really an old customer of Rogers, Shaw, and Telus, but their systems see me as being a "new" customer -- even though they just reactivate my old account number from before. lol Go figure. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is definitely a hot deal if you can get it for this price. I wonder if Koodo service is good since I went with Fido instead because of its backup GSM system when both Fido and Koodo had the same deal years ago...

It's up to you to advocate and fend for yourself. Even better if the providers are willing to compete for your business.

Thanks for the heads-up OP!

Hopefully there are some awesome deals this year on BF. BF is still 2 months away. Sigh. Neutral Face
Why settle for MSRP when you can wait and get it at a lower price? 😉
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1152 posts
572 upvotes
Vancouver
pthumati wrote: they will start charging suddenly for some addons like international calling in between contract of 24 months . so be careful..
Yeah they did that with 2 of my 3 lines like wtf .
Dec 13, 2019
675 posts
529 upvotes
UsernameNotAvailable wrote: The 25G/$45 by Telus is a better deal.
That is a good deal, but it's a win-back deal and it's ymmv. Correct?

You can't just hit up Telus and ask for the deal. If anyone can post a link where we can take advantage of this Telus deal, it would be greatly appreciated. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Why settle for MSRP when you can wait and get it at a lower price? 😉
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1650 posts
2057 upvotes
VANCOUVER
LyGuy wrote: Play the game and switch carriers for the best deal whenever
I hate this. This is basically the standard practice for home Internet which is now trickling over to cell phones plans. First they gave us 1 year discounted plans then they made it 6 months, then 3 months became standard. I hate having to keep track of my services and their promo rates. Screw the telecoms
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16329 posts
4865 upvotes
Markham
Pingalino wrote: Is there an existing link for this deal? Can't find it
ThrowRoo wrote: Would you kindly link the threads for these?
Telus one is a winback offer so not for everyone.

virgin mobile link below
virgin-mobile-10-gb-35-1st-year-unlimit ... 2-2485495/
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2239 posts
1492 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
goozy1 wrote: I hate this. This is basically the standard practice for home Internet which is now trickling over to cell phones plans. First they gave us 1 year discounted plans then they made it 6 months, then 3 months became standard. I hate having to keep track of my services and their promo rates. Screw the telecoms
This has been going on for decades now. Nothing's really changed.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2012
1507 posts
1063 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
Any news when Koodo or Fido for that matter will offer 5G service?
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2014
1261 posts
635 upvotes
Montreal QC
One thing I noticed with virgin when comparing carriers is their phone prices are about 20-25% higher when financing vs purchasing outright from the manufacturer. Koodo and Fido are nearly equal to the manufacture when financing the phone over 2 years. I checked a couple Samsungs last week and was quite surprised. Virgin seems to be a better deal only if you buy your phones outright from apple, Samsung etc.
Aug 12, 2018
28 posts
12 upvotes
canucks4life wrote: Any news when Koodo or Fido for that matter will offer 5G service?
Probably not anytime soon. The big telecom won't to maintain a distinction and different tears of service
Aug 5, 2005
491 posts
242 upvotes
sushibucket wrote: If you have to make acct changes over phone, still charges you
Terrible company, they're a nickel & dime company, charge you for every little thing....
If they thumb you down I will up it just because