Expired Hot Deals

Koodo

$40 - 10GB Unlimited Canada-wide calling/Int. texting for 24 months, in store only YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2021 1:06 am
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4434 posts
4003 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Ludepower wrote: When will the sub carriers give us 5G?
sanman9 wrote: They might not for a while…to differentiate their premium brands…
Then, when they do I guarantee you the price will sky rocket and we start this price gouging crap all over again. LTE 4 ME.
Fake, inflated, paid, and other forms of scammy news and reviews run rampant. A world drenched in online deceit, spiraling into oblivion.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
5974 posts
4018 upvotes
LesDeals wrote: That is a good deal, but it's a win-back deal and it's ymmv. Correct?

You can't just hit up Telus and ask for the deal. If anyone can post a link where we can take advantage of this Telus deal, it would be greatly appreciated. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Ya it is definitely YMMV. I tried to get the winback deal from telus and failed. Wasted $27 and a credit hit trying. Oh well.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2019
1041 posts
1185 upvotes
dealwatcher81 wrote: Virgin is not advertising this deal any where but if you go to their store they’ll offer you. I was with virgin and to get this deal I move to chatr prepaid and in 2 hrs I joined back to virgin with this deal. I got it at Scarborough town center mall and they also give me 2 jbl 110 earbuds for free.
How much did port to Chatr and then back to Virgin cost you?
Any activation fees on Chatr side? Did Chatr charge you for full month even though you were with Chatr for only 2 hours?
Did Virgin charge you for same month twice ( Once as old customer and once as new customer)?
😎
Jul 24, 2020
45 posts
19 upvotes
chatr cost me $56 for 2 hrs but virgin didn’t charge activation and no double charge for same month. I did prepaid port in to avoid credit check. It cost me $56 to port out and port in to virgin so they gave me 2 jbl wired earbuds which cost is about $30
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2014
1261 posts
635 upvotes
Montreal QC
Koodo is no longer worth my time. Said the best retention offer they could offer is 2GB for $40 and this is after speaking with 3 different people, one got actually angry with me when I attempted to negotiate even though I'm pleasant on the phone.
Nov 23, 2018
109 posts
99 upvotes
Montreal, QC
MontrealBonjour wrote: Koodo is no longer worth my time. Said the best retention offer they could offer is 2GB for $40 and this is after speaking with 3 different people, one got actually angry with me when I attempted to negotiate even though I'm pleasant on the phone.
Last week I called them because my plan is 35$/3Gb and I was looking for them to offer something like 40$/9Gb. I told them my budget was 45$ very max at the beginning of the call and I was expecting better offers than what I can find on their website.
Rep goes "I can offer you 25Gb for 65$" which is very bad and way over my budget. She also asked several times if I wanted to buy another phone. And finally, their best offer was.. 45$/8Gb (same plan everyone can get on the website).
Needless to say I'm looking to go elsewhere as I most likely won't be eligible to black friday offers (usually for new customers only).
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1873 posts
1260 upvotes
Calgary
jadzzz wrote: likely won't be eligible to black friday offers (usually for new customers only).
Black Friday deals are typically on phones, not plans.
That’s how they get you. Crappy plans with lipstick discounts on phones.
[OP]
Sep 11, 2017
9 posts
48 upvotes
I [OP] is new here, please be kind. Don't shoot the messenger. I don't really need the down votes Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Koodoo may not be for you. They have pluses and minuses just like any other mobile service providers out there.

My main provider is Google Fi. But I need a Canadian # for banks and what not that require SMS short codes verification. And I need this to work without excessive fees whether I am in Canada or traveling out of the country.

I looked into Public Mobile, Virgin, Fido, and Freedom. Based on my use case, Koodo comes out ahead.

Public Mobile - No service in US unless you buy their 10 days roaming packages. If you don't and as soon as your phone contact a non-Canadian cell tower, the call forwarding you made will stop working.

Virgin - US calling rate is 65 cents a min, and you can't buy a low cost LD saver add-on as US is specifically excluded. You have to add the $15/mo unlimited US calling to avoid paying 65 cent/mo to US.

Fido - nothing too bad to say about it, except their network is still lacking coverage in new suburb areas, and you pretty much have to pay the $7/mo extra to have >3 msg VM/LD saver/Call forwarding.

Freedom - best WiFi calling for 2nd tier provider, but still poor network coverage.

---

Things I wish I know before signing up for Koodo:

1) Their ridiculously prevent you from using Self Service to change your add-ons for the 1st 33 days as a new customer. Had I know this it would almost be a deal breaker. You can contact customer service to make change but this takes at least 1 day.

2) If you phone in to request certain changes, they do charge you unless you can convince them it is not your fault that you can't use Self Serve ... see (1).
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2014
1261 posts
635 upvotes
Montreal QC
jadzzz wrote: Last week I called them because my plan is 35$/3Gb and I was looking for them to offer something like 40$/9Gb. I told them my budget was 45$ very max at the beginning of the call and I was expecting better offers than what I can find on their website.
Rep goes "I can offer you 25Gb for 65$" which is very bad and way over my budget. She also asked several times if I wanted to buy another phone. And finally, their best offer was.. 45$/8Gb (same plan everyone can get on the website).
Needless to say I'm looking to go elsewhere as I most likely won't be eligible to black friday offers (usually for new customers only).
I've been with Koodo for about 6 years and they used to be extremely good in terms of customer service. When I asked where they were located, the answer was always El Salvador however, the last few interactions that I've had, when asked the same question, they were located in Romania and now the service is incredibly poor compared to before - the agents sound miserable, they will argue, offer terrible retention plans and have a cold personality. It's too bad because I found the El Salvador call centre to always offer me good retention plans, tab discounts and more ...this is no longer the case and I'm looking forward to jumping ship to Fido's $35/10GB plan this week (found in the other thread).
Last edited by MontrealBonjour on Sep 26th, 2021 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Sep 11, 2017
9 posts
48 upvotes
ThrowRoo wrote: Would you kindly link the threads for these?
Beware if you need to make LD call to USA, Virgin charge you 65 cent per min unless you add their $15/mo unlimited US call package. Their $5/mo LD Saver package specifically excluded US.

Virgin:
virgin-mobile-10-gb-35-1st-year-unlimit ... 2-2485495/

The 25G/$45 by Telus is a winback deal.

telus-mobility-telus-25-gb-peace-mind-w ... v-2459237/
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2009
1268 posts
321 upvotes
jadzzz wrote: Last week I called them because my plan is 35$/3Gb and I was looking for them to offer something like 40$/9Gb. I told them my budget was 45$ very max at the beginning of the call and I was expecting better offers than what I can find on their website.
Foolish or not, last month I let go of my $40/11gb plan I got when I shifted from Public Mobile to Koodo 2 years ago. I never used more than 2.5 gb a month in 2 yrs so when I needed a cpo iPhone XS on the tab, Koodo gave me $30/4gb. If I ever need more I will try for $40/8-10gb. I just keep calling until I get a decent rep. It could also be that in addition I have a Telus line and 2 PM lines so maybe they are more inclined to keep me happy. I have also called Telus to negotiate with Koodo, which seems to work better.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
10839 posts
6102 upvotes
Paris
sushibucket wrote: Just because you haven't been charged doesn't mean they can't charge you as per your agreement. It's on the website https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help?INT ... _ContactUs
They do not specify whether they can charge you if it's a plan offered on website or a special plan not offered on the site. Most reps may be nice to you if you're a long time customer, but doesn't mean they can't charge you. It's a trash policy, period
13 years and an average of 3 lines per year I have been with them, never ever been charged. That you were charged means you called in for a change available on their website. That’s 100% on you.

You were wrong to call for something you can do yourself, and even more wrong to complain about something so clearly in the agreement you agreed too.

The best thing Koodo has done right by me is never change a plan price once its been given. Can’t say that about Bell/Telus/Rogers.
Apr 16, 2013
395 posts
368 upvotes
Surrey
Philbert wrote: Foolish or not, last month I let go of my $40/11gb plan I got when I shifted from Public Mobile to Koodo 2 years ago. I never used more than 2.5 gb a month in 2 yrs so when I needed a cpo iPhone XS on the tab, Koodo gave me $30/4gb. If I ever need more I will try for $40/8-10gb. I just keep calling until I get a decent rep. It could also be that in addition I have a Telus line and 2 PM lines so maybe they are more inclined to keep me happy. I have also called Telus to negotiate with Koodo, which seems to work better.

Your 2 Prepaid lines mean nothing to them. For Prepaid they don't even care if you use your real name or name like Mickey Mouse.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1188 posts
2280 upvotes
Jerico wrote: 13 years and an average of 3 lines per year I have been with them, never ever been charged. That you were charged means you called in for a change available on their website. That’s 100% on you.

You were wrong to call for something you can do yourself, and even more wrong to complain about something so clearly in the agreement you agreed too.

The best thing Koodo has done right by me is never change a plan price once its been given. Can’t say that about Bell/Telus/Rogers.
Doesnt seem like you know how to read about getting a manager retention plan but whatever you want to believe hahaha cant admit youre wrong son
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2019
1041 posts
1185 upvotes
dealwatcher81 wrote: chatr cost me $56 for 2 hrs but virgin didn’t charge activation and no double charge for same month. I did prepaid port in to avoid credit check. It cost me $56 to port out and port in to virgin so they gave me 2 jbl wired earbuds which cost is about $30
Thanks for the info.
😎
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2009
1268 posts
321 upvotes
jattdesi wrote:
Your 2 Prepaid lines mean nothing to them. For Prepaid they don't even care if you use your real name or name like Mickey Mouse.
Probably, but I like to think that I’m not always gum under someone’s shoe.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
2525 posts
1209 upvotes
GTA
I’m on $40 PM migration plan. Is this plan still eligible for tab small?
Jul 24, 2020
45 posts
19 upvotes
Is there any way we can identify whether number is US or Canada ?
Sep 17, 2008
786 posts
299 upvotes
BC
I called in last week as well to port one of my number back from zoomer to Koodo and got offer for either $40 for 10GB after 24 months $-5 credit with no activation fee. I am thinking about getting this and then jump to FM for winback
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2009
1268 posts
321 upvotes
headleygrange wrote: I’m on $40 PM migration plan. Is this plan still eligible for tab small?
No. That’s why I let that plan go.