Cell Phones

Koodo $40/6GB not eligible for tab anymore?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2019 2:29 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1793 posts
524 upvotes
ORLEANS

Koodo $40/6GB not eligible for tab anymore?

For both my $40/6GB migration plans aren’t elible for medium tabs anymore? Forces me to change plans. But small tab is still available
272 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1793 posts
524 upvotes
ORLEANS
Tobsterboi wrote: Medium tab starts at $50 now.
Yea and previously it was starting at $45 but still eligible for $40/6GB plans. So basically Koodo said not available for us anymore?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
35150 posts
8559 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
$50?

I am on the $45 plan just so I can get on the medium tab. I haven't got a phone yet and they already pushed me to the small tab
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18443 posts
5389 upvotes
Toronto
We didn't know it at the time but our phone happiness curve took a big dive after Boxing Week 2018.
Aug 23, 2015
824 posts
777 upvotes
hmmm

Noticed tab L went up to $80 earlier but did not see this. So they have raised plan prices. Wonder what that means for phones sales coming up any day now. Will they limit/cancel the buy and cancel loophole? I guess we will find out. Not liking the direction the plan prices are going.
Public Mobile $23 plan, $10 credits ongoing
Koodo $29 plan with Google Pixel 2 XL, $50 credits ongoing
EBox $42, group buy $2 off
Thanks to RFD
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6057 posts
1873 upvotes
Mississauga
all the ppl who migrated over from public mobile to koodo...$40 for 4-8gb.... weren't we promised to be eligible for medium tab...

what gives now???

I'm surprised there isn't more outrage right now...
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2002
1217 posts
571 upvotes
Oakville
Ducky wrote: all the ppl who migrated over from public mobile to koodo...$40 for 4-8gb.... weren't we promised to be eligible for medium tab...

what gives now???

I could be wrong, but I could have sworn they said a 1 time medium tab upgrade. Even though they let you do it many times since, but I swear I read it either in a forum or was told verbally. I personally knew that it wouldn't last. But hey, small tab still works.

I saw some Koodo plans get a price hike, that I would be more concerned about.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
23637 posts
12833 upvotes
Toronto
Ducky wrote: all the ppl who migrated over from public mobile to koodo...$40 for 4-8gb.... weren't we promised to be eligible for medium tab...

what gives now???

I looked at the text messages from last year. They only refer to tab, no mention of tab size. I haven't checked my account yet. I am really lucky I took phones on all my lines a month ago.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank, EQ Bank, Simplii
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6057 posts
1873 upvotes
Mississauga
will888 wrote: I looked at the text messages from last year. They only refer to tab, no mention of tab size. I haven't checked my account yet. I am really lucky I took phones on all my lines a month ago.
being eligible for medium tab was an important feature to convince me to migrate over...
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
23637 posts
12833 upvotes
Toronto
Ducky wrote: being eligible for medium tab was an important feature to convince me to migrate over...
Me too. I just checked my lines, no more medium tab. Even with small tab selection, they put in very small lettering the link for keeping the current plan. Right above it is this big box for change plan. Well, I don't know about everybody else, I have not received any notice of this change. I recognize that we are on month to month with Koodo. During my month, it is like a short term contract. They will be getting a call from me tomorrow to explain how they comply with section D, item 2 of the wireless code. They need to give me 30 days notice of the tab downgrade so that I can load up with as many phone purchases as they will allow before I get blacklisted. I strongly encourage everybody to do the same. Last year around this time 1600 CCTS complaints made them back off on the price increase at Public Mobile. If we raise enough of a big stink about this, it might have an effect. Who knows maybe that carrier apologist site mobile syrup may carry the story and give it greater visiblity.
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1686 posts
737 upvotes
I am on the original PM Migration plan at $40/4 gb and I still appear to be eligible for Tab Medium on my account, but I've also never used a HUP before.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
23637 posts
12833 upvotes
Toronto
stillmatic11 wrote: I am on the original PM Migration plan at $40/4 gb and I still appear to be eligible for Tab Medium on my account, but I've also never used a HUP before.
Well that is nice and consistent. Did you try to take a phone on medium tab and proceed to the next step of adding it as HUP onto the existing plan? If you are eligible, you will see the option at the bottom of the page. When I select medium tab, I only get the option to change plan.

Anyway, I called Koodo this morning to see what they have to say. The agent I got was less than useless. All he could say was yes, the change has been made, nothing more. I asked when the change was made and what form of notification was provided to affected customers. He had no answer to the question. He was apologetic and suggested that I change my plan to one of the new plans that cost more than $50 to restore medium tab eligibility. Nice suggestion! I told him that what has happened is a blatant violation of wireless code section D, item 2 concerning notification. I got no reaction from the agent. He probably has no clue what the wireless code is. My interaction constitutes my attempt at reconciliation with the carrier prior to initiating a CCTS complaint. Complaint is in. Let see what happens. I suggest everyone do the same and flood the CCTS with complaints. This strategy worked wonders last year when Public Mobile tried to force through a $10 price increase. I doubt the CCTS will get 1600 complaints this time. 160 would still be nice.
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1686 posts
737 upvotes
will888 wrote: Well that is nice and consistent. Did you try to take a phone on medium tab and proceed to the next step of adding it as HUP onto the existing plan? If you are eligible, you will see the option at the bottom of the page. When I select medium tab, I only get the option to change plan.

Anyway, I called Koodo this morning to see what they have to say. The agent I got was less than useless. All he could say was yes, the change has been made, nothing more. I asked when the change was made and what form of notification was provided to affected customers. He had no answer to the question. He was apologetic and suggested that I change my plan to one of the new plans that cost more than $50 to restore medium tab eligibility. Nice suggestion! I told him that what has happened is a blatant violation of wireless code section D, item 2 concerning notification. I got no reaction from the agent. He probably has no clue what the wireless code is. My interaction constitutes my attempt at reconciliation with the carrier prior to initiating a CCTS complaint. Complaint is in. Let see what happens. I suggest everyone do the same and flood the CCTS with complaints. This strategy worked wonders last year when Public Mobile tried to force through a $10 price increase. I doubt the CCTS will get 1600 complaints this time. 160 would still be nice.
Yeah, when I add a phone to cart on Medium tab, it says I am keeping my current plan on the next page.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
23637 posts
12833 upvotes
Toronto
stillmatic11 wrote: Yeah, when I add a phone to cart on Medium tab, it says I am keeping my current plan on the next page.
Lucky you! I would go and see if there is something worth getting on medium tab before the plan gets converted to small tab. This is something that is new. I doubt they would stop at $40/6GB plans. They will eventually get to the $40/5GB and $40/4GB plans also.
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Jan 27, 2007
990 posts
1054 upvotes
will888 wrote: Well that is nice and consistent. Did you try to take a phone on medium tab and proceed to the next step of adding it as HUP onto the existing plan? If you are eligible, you will see the option at the bottom of the page. When I select medium tab, I only get the option to change plan.

Is there anything in the original contract that says these plans qualify for small and medium? I'm just trying to figure out how to provide evidence to CCTS that we were eligible for medium before?
Last edited by Zaptor99 on Jul 20th, 2019 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18443 posts
5389 upvotes
Toronto
Zaptor99 wrote: Is there anything in the original contract that says these plans qualify for small and medium? I'm just trying to figure out how to provide evidence to CCTS that were were eligible for medium before?
I looked at the contract for my line with no tab and there is nothing about tabs that I could see.

I have a line with a tab from Christmas 2018 and it only speaks to how much I owe on the tab, monthly tab payments, and tab payable if I leave. I don't see anything about pricing for any tabs.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6295 posts
616 upvotes
Calgary
im on the PM migration $35/5gb plan on koodo and i can confirm that ive only been able to get a small tab but its not a dealbreaker for me since best buy had a deal where i traded in an old iphone 5 for $325...
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
23637 posts
12833 upvotes
Toronto
Zaptor99 wrote: Is there anything in the original contract that says these plans qualify for small and medium? I'm just trying to figure out how to provide evidence to CCTS that were were eligible for medium before?
There isn't. I go by the fact that I have been able to use medium tab until now. It is indisputable that a change took place recently and we were notified. The fact that they are sneaky with how tab terms are well hidden should do them no favors. Terms are supposed to be in simple easy to understand language.
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18443 posts
5389 upvotes
Toronto
I believe the complaint must be based on wording contained in a customer's most recent contract and, as such, I do not see how raising the medium tab requirement to $50 is a violation of the contract. Allowing customers to get phones in the past on a $40 plan can't be construed as a contractual obligation, imho, on koodo's part to continue this practice. Koodo's medium tab minimum of $45 has been in effect for a while so it would be difficult to argue that $50 is unfair when they allowed customers to get medium tab phones at $40 instead of $45.

I'm also ticked that Koodo did this because I wanted to get an iPhone 8 but I also realize there is not much I can do about it based my interpretation of the contract wording.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)