Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] [$45/4GB plan with Koodo] Public Mobile 6GB/90 day plan transfer (targeted)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2018 9:27 pm
[OP]
Dec 4, 2008
185 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto

[Koodo] [$45/4GB plan with Koodo] Public Mobile 6GB/90 day plan transfer (targeted)

Just got a text from Public Mobile to transfer to Koodo at a 4GB $45/mo plan + a $100 bill credit & eligible for a Koodo tab. It looks like it's a similar deal to the one that was given to those on Public for the 12GB/90 day plan.

- Promo code (if eligible): GOKOODOR454
- Validation code would be your number that's with Public

You can probably still take advantage of all the phone offers (Essential phone online, gift card offers with iPhone SE/iPhone 6 at Wow Mobile, etc). The other big threads should cover this information already if needed :)

Seems like a pretty good plan for those who can make it - good luck everyone!
4 replies
Dec 16, 2012
74 posts
40 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thanks op.
I got this same offer

I’m considering going for it...
Switching seems to be the better deal.

I wish it was $40/month since my $45 with PM included the +$5 for Canada-wide calling, which Koodo already has included in their plan.

It’s not the $40/5gb some people are getting but I think this is the best we’re gonna get for now.

Hurumph
[OP]
Dec 4, 2008
185 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
baxtothemax wrote: Thanks op.
I got this same offer

I’m considering going for it...
Switching seems to be the better deal.

I wish it was $40/month since my $45 with PM included the +$5 for Canada-wide calling, which Koodo already has included in their plan.

It’s not the $40/5gb some people are getting but I think this is the best we’re gonna get for now.

Hurumph
I figured the cost difference is ~$7/month if you don't factor in the credits for an extra 2GB & Canada-wide calling. The roaming options are decent as well (at least you have them lol) which is the other part. I'm hoping Koodo might give a bit of credit as well for unused service on Public but that'll be very YMMV and based largely on how flexible the phone rep is at the time.
Aug 9, 2014
123 posts
112 upvotes
Oakville
Dabeed wrote: Just got a text from Public Mobile to transfer to Koodo at a 4GB $45/mo plan + a $100 bill credit & eligible for a Koodo tab. It looks like it's a similar deal to the one that was given to those on Public for the 12GB/90 day plan.

- Promo code (if eligible): GOKOODOR454
- Validation code would be your number that's with Public

You can probably still take advantage of all the phone offers (Essential phone online, gift card offers with iPhone SE/iPhone 6 at Wow Mobile, etc). The other big threads should cover this information already if needed :)

Seems like a pretty good plan for those who can make it - good luck everyone!
Really??
another offer for who has LTE service on PM?
why they keep push out PM customer to koodo??
[OP]
Dec 4, 2008
185 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
ulovebass wrote: Really??
another offer for who has LTE service on PM?
why they keep push out PM customer to koodo??
Well you end up paying more per month by switching (approx ~6.75/month after factoring Public Mobile autopay credits and normalizing it for a 365 day period) so Telus probably likes that. It's a pretty good deal if you need more data. Plus, buying a new phone on tab or getting the iPhone 6/SE makes it more valuable and possibly makes it so you come out ahead.