45 GB for $45 (Upgrade offer, YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2021 3:39 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
2439 posts
2788 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
malim wrote: Why is everyone here defending Kooodo got their panties in a bunch? They made a mistake, honour it or at least offer something else. This can be used as leverage for getting a better plan at the very least.
Why would they honor such a mistake like this. Not all companies honor these things nor do they have to, it's a mistake, people make mistakes in life. I know it's a mistake that's why I'm not wasting my time and their time by bogging down their phone lines. Just move on.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
4627 posts
5714 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights
chilli604 wrote: I'm from Quebec. I'm suing if I don't get my deal

I'll call Sall Goodman
MrDitkovich wrote: Class-action lawsuit time.

RFDers vs. Koodo/Telus Inc.
Call Sall Goodman
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
2064 posts
892 upvotes
If it was in store, then they would have to honor it. All these companies weasel out when it's online.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1159 posts
1277 upvotes
London
SonyCanWoes wrote: It shouldn't be part of their jobs to incorrectly insist an email or text from them is some spam scam though, so that part's on them.
How would they know any better, though? These are literally unbelievable prices. They arent the ones sending out the offer, its not on their list of offers, and they wouldnt have seen the deals themselves, so what else would they think? Especially over the phone where they can't see it to verify them selves. I used to work at Service Canada and people would come in about spam emails thry thought were real ALL THE TIME. Cut them some slack, they cant do anything about it 🤷‍♀️
Mar 14, 2017
414 posts
852 upvotes
Weird to see so many people vehemently defending a big 3 telco. What do you get out of it?
Jun 3, 2008
226 posts
223 upvotes
Newmarket
bobohobo2kx wrote: I got that email too, but when I follow the link, the plan is not listed. Only shows me $50 for 10gb, and a few other more expensive plans.
I received the same email and the plan does not show for me. I don't see an option to enter a promo code when changing your plan.
Jun 29, 2010
530 posts
861 upvotes
bpboop wrote: How would they know any better, though? These are literally unbelievable prices. They arent the ones sending out the offer, its not on their list of offers, and they wouldnt have seen the deals themselves, so what else would they think? Especially over the phone where they can't see it to verify them selves. I used to work at Service Canada and people would come in about spam emails thry thought were real ALL THE TIME. Cut them some slack, they cant do anything about it 🤷‍♀️
By asking him who sent it (email address, number text came from).

If that's too hard for them, don't declare something as not coming from them if they didn't even verify if that's true or not. Simple.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1432 posts
775 upvotes

So if you accidentally listed a cell phone or car for $10 on Kijiji because you missed some zeroes, you're telling me that you're going to sell it to the first person that offers you $10 because your mistake doesn't absolve you from accountability?
Last edited by MrDisco on Nov 13th, 2021 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quoted post was removed
Banned
Nov 8, 2021
25 posts
40 upvotes
Pluto
D168 wrote: So if you accidentally listed a cell phone or car for $10 on Kijiji because you missed some zeroes, you're telling me that you're going to sell it to the first person that offers you $10 because your mistake doesn't absolve you from accountability?
That's not the same situation, not even close.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1159 posts
1277 upvotes
London
SonyCanWoes wrote: By asking him who sent it (email address, number text came from).

If that's too hard for them, don't declare something as not coming from them if they didn't even verify if that's true or not. Simple.
How do you expect them to verify? As someone who worked in customer service i can assure you the general public is less intelligent than you'd think. Its easy for a spam email to say its from koodo and be from a random address. "Who is it from?" "Koodo" . Wow super helpful. People will insist spam emails are not spam all the time - believe me, i've been on the other end of it
Feb 13, 2009
644 posts
243 upvotes
Ontario

Why do they even need to be accountable for this.

It is a complete waste of your time (however you value your time) if you ask me in trying to get them to extend you this 'deal.'
Last edited by MrDisco on Nov 13th, 2021 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote was removed
Dec 15, 2017
696 posts
800 upvotes
wmahmud wrote: You over privledged people think you should get the world and more when a mistake is made - but if you make it the other way around, you'll back track in a second.

Move on and enjoy your day people
exactly! this is canadian telecom they barely make any margins as it is. you should all be ashamed.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1159 posts
1277 upvotes
London
Anyone trying to justify being an asshole to customer service agents deserves to pay high cell phone rates to compensate 🤷‍♀️ don't be a dick to service workers who literally cannot do what you want them to
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
4667 posts
3821 upvotes
Vancouver

Accountability involves the seller admitting it’s an error. You guys are asking for more than that. Look at what the Competition Bureau says about these situations.
Last edited by MrDisco on Nov 13th, 2021 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quoted post was removed
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2012
1523 posts
1078 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
Hmm no promo Email here just renewed one line yesterday kept $40 6GB PM migration plan with another 5GB free data.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1432 posts
775 upvotes
dealerzchoice wrote: That's not the same situation, not even close.
Oh I see, you're one of those people where it only applies when it benefits you. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Banned
Nov 8, 2021
25 posts
40 upvotes
Pluto
Spinner wrote: Accountability involves the seller admitting it’s an error. You guys are asking for more than that. Look at what the Competition Bureau says about these situations.
One word: integrity.
Jun 29, 2010
530 posts
861 upvotes
bpboop wrote: How do you expect them to verify? As someone who worked in customer service i can assure you the general public is less intelligent than you'd think. Its easy for a spam email to say its from koodo and be from a random address. "Who is it from?" "Koodo" . Wow super helpful. People will insist spam emails are not spam all the time - believe me, i've been on the other end of it
At this point you seem to be arguing just for the sake of arguing. I haven't received the email but I'm pretty sure if you read it out to the CSR on the phone, they can acknowledge that it's a legit Koodo email address. Same with the numbers Koodo texts their promos from.

The bolded section of your post: That's exactly why I said they could ask the customer to read out the address - to determine that it isn't a "random address". Who is it from I clearly stated meant from which email address or number, not the customer saying "Koodo" :rolleyes: So yes, it's "super helpful" if they do what I suggested and not what you're making up. Therefore, no, it doesn't matter whether people insist spam emails are not spam here. The CSR can easily confirm this one isn't spam based on what the customer says about the source of the email or text, not rely on the customer's claim about whether it is spam or not.

To also repeat what I said already, if they don't know the email address it was sent from or the number it was texted from, if they refuse to ask (because they perform their duties like you), then they shouldn't claim it's spam without knowing for a fact that it is.
Last edited by SonyCanWoes on Nov 12th, 2021 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2018
1026 posts
1086 upvotes
KelZ99204 wrote: I got $55 for 55gb.

45$ for 45gb is the sweet spot I think. :(
I got $55 for 55gb as well but I think they are trying to get $5 more from each user.

I get like 16gb for $50 right now but would gladly pay $40 for 5gb, Koodo just wants more $$.

I have never gone above 3gb.