• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2016 4:17 am
[OP]
Sep 9, 2016
26 posts
3 upvotes

Koodo 5 dollar late payment

Hello ,

I had a problem with Koodo , after changing my provider from koodo to another company and paying all my bills on time .after 2 month after being with the another company , I received a mail from Koodo saying that they owe me 5 dollar late payment as cancellation fees and extra data which they never told me about before.my problem is not with this .after paying it the same date in received the mail that say they owe me 5 dollar.they state this as late payment on my history and they are not removing this as they claim they canot change it and when I call transunion they tell me ask koodo to change it.

This is affecting my credit history .How I can solve it.

Thanks
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5685 posts
5087 upvotes
lebanonbc wrote: Hello ,

I had a problem with Koodo , after changing my provider from koodo to another company and paying all my bills on time .after 2 month after being with the another company , I received a mail from Koodo saying that they owe me 5 dollar late payment as cancellation fees and extra data which they never told me about before.my problem is not with this .after paying it the same date in received the mail that say they owe me 5 dollar.they state this as late payment on my history and they are not removing this as they claim they canot change it and when I call transunion they tell me ask koodo to change it.

This is affecting my credit history .How I can solve it.

Thanks
How far are you willing to go for $5? I would pay it and be done with it...

Otherwise you can dispute by writing a letter of complaint to Koodo.... you might spend more than $5 on postage stamps with all the correspondence.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2004
4929 posts
518 upvotes
Victoria
OP's house was raided by a bailiff to cover the $5 owed to Koodo. The OP got into a fight with the bailiff and fell to his death. RIP OP.
Not a political sig
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
3102 posts
1515 upvotes
superfresh89 wrote: How far are you willing to go for $5? I would pay it and be done with it...

Otherwise you can dispute by writing a letter of complaint to Koodo.... you might spend more than $5 on postage stamps with all the correspondence.
If you read it, OP isn't complaining about the $5, but rather about it affecting his credit rating. Transunion is right... you'd have to go through Koodo. However, to be honest, your credit won't have that much of a hit unless it's marked as still owing. It sucks, I know. I had an iTunes $1.29 purchase on a card I don't use often make me delinquent. Paid bill and credit rating bounced right back up in 2 months.
I'd love to write history... in advance.
AMEX Biz Plat 75K AGAIN! | Plat 60K | Biz Gold 40K | Gold 25K | SPG 20K
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5685 posts
5087 upvotes
atomiton wrote: If you read it, OP isn't complaining about the $5, but rather about it affecting his credit rating. Transunion is right... you'd have to go through Koodo. However, to be honest, your credit won't have that much of a hit unless it's marked as still owing. It sucks, I know. I had an iTunes $1.29 purchase on a card I don't use often make me delinquent. Paid bill and credit rating bounced right back up in 2 months.
Right... so in order to fix his credit issues, he has to just pay the $5 or complain to Koodo. Was I unclear?
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2011
1944 posts
331 upvotes
GTA
Escalate this to a Koodo manager and have them fix this. Lack of communication is the issue here.

I would go to a kiosk and have someone there try and fix / have them call in for you.
[OP]
Sep 9, 2016
26 posts
3 upvotes
I already pay it .my problem is not with thr 5 dollar it is paid but it is showing late payment on my credit report and koodo tell me to solve it with transunion and transunion tell me to solve it with KOODO
Jul 28, 2012
996 posts
410 upvotes
Montreal
lebanonbc wrote: koodo tell me to solve it with transunion and transunion tell me to solve it with KOODO
Transunion cannot remove a late payment simply based on your word.

Practically everyone has told you that you have to complain with Koodo (and I'm going to say the same thing: contact Koodo).

If you speak to Koodo again and they tell you to contact Transunion, that's not true. Tell them that you would like to speak to a manager.
[OP]
Sep 9, 2016
26 posts
3 upvotes
I talked with Koodo for more than 5 times also I talked with their manger they always have the same answer we canot change the payment .they claim that I have to check my account even after 2 month after closing my account with them .
[OP]
Sep 9, 2016
26 posts
3 upvotes
I paid the 5 dollar but thr problem they didnot inform me about until August. After paying it in August it is reported as late payment and they are not accepting to change it
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5685 posts
5087 upvotes
lebanonbc wrote: I paid the 5 dollar but thr problem they didnot inform me about until August. After paying it in August it is reported as late payment and they are not accepting to change it
Oh. If you have paid it already, I think you just need to fill out a form and attach your receipt showing that you paid. Call TransUnion again and tell them you have proof that the item has been paid.
[OP]
Sep 9, 2016
26 posts
3 upvotes
It is shown as paid but my problem is that they show it late
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5685 posts
5087 upvotes
lebanonbc wrote: It is shown as paid but my problem is that they show it late
Okay.... sorry but there's nothing that can be done in this case. Neither Koodo nor TU will be able to remove the late payment history.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
3102 posts
1515 upvotes
lebanonbc wrote: It is shown as paid but my problem is that they show it late
I'm I'm understanding this correctly, the late payment won't be able to be removed. Unless the payment wasn't actually late, then you can take it up with the Koodo ombudsman, I believe. If the payment actually was late, it will show up in the credit history and Koodo probably won't remove the late payment. However, now that it's paid, Koodo will send another final note to the credit bureau that account is paid as agreed upon. The late payment will still be in the history, but it shouldn't affect your credit that much.

As I mentioned, I had a massive hit from a $1.39 late payment... I guess some algorithm decided that if I couldn't pay $1.39...

Well, anyway, after I paid the bill, and they reported the next bill to the credit agencies as "paid as agreed", my score jumped back up. A few months later and it was almost right back where it was before. The late payment is still on file, but it's nothing that I lose sleep over.
I'd love to write history... in advance.
AMEX Biz Plat 75K AGAIN! | Plat 60K | Biz Gold 40K | Gold 25K | SPG 20K

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)