Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] $60 per month for 6GB data (AB, ON, BC, maybe others)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2018 1:46 pm
Tags:
[OP]
May 4, 2015
39 posts
21 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Koodo] $60 per month for 6GB data (AB, ON, BC, maybe others)

Just saw in my local mall (Marlborough, Calgary AB) that Koodo have got their $60 for 6GB plan back. The sign says this weekend only.

UPDATE:
This is available at least in AB and ON. It may be available in other provinces.

From DonJoe here:

I can confirm that Koodo's brought it back as of today; I have no word on when it'll expire again. FYI, technically speaking, it's a $60 5GB plan with a $0 1GB add-on that won't expire.

* Available for new activations and upgrades only, though existing customers might be able to get it by calling customer service and speaking to loyalty

* Eligible with byop, tab small, and tab medium

* Authorized/Third-party dealers should be able to do this plan for you as well

* Available in ON. I'm not sure if they also brought it back for the other provinces listed in my comment above.
Last edited by nostril on Feb 23rd, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
22 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3864 posts
2629 upvotes
Ontario
Thought this was like $48 :)
---
Mar 14, 2017
200 posts
163 upvotes
Victoria, BC
kanechart wrote: Thought this was like $48 :)
Not outside of QC, unless you want to jump through hoops to get a QC plan. Many people do not want to do so.
ValiantSpacemanSpiff
Interplanetary Explorer Extraordinaire
Nov 13, 2017
113 posts
111 upvotes
Ontario
Copy-pasting my reply to a similar thread here, just to share some info:

I can confirm that Koodo's brought it back as of today; I have no word on when it'll expire again. FYI, technically speaking, it's a $60 5GB plan with a $0 1GB add-on that won't expire.

* Available for new activations and upgrades only, though existing customers might be able to get it by calling customer service and speaking to loyalty

* Available in ON. I'm not sure if they also brought it back for the other provinces listed in my comment above.

Similar plans in ON (can't confirm for other provinces):

Virgin does have a byop plan with unlimited nationwide minutes and 3GB for $55, plus a bonus 1GB for $0, plus a bonus 2GB for $5. So total $60 for 6GB. However, I have no word on whether the bonus data will fall off or expire at any point, so if you're going with virgin, you'll want to confirm that.

Fido also has a pulse plan where the breakdown (in terms of bonus data) is exactly the same as virgin's plan. Unlimited nationwide minutes. Bonus 1000 international minutes (to 10 countries only - Australia, Bangladesh, China (excluding Macau), Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Mexico, Taiwan, and the UK), and it's stackable with 10% off add-a-line. Because it's a pulse plan, you get 5 hours per month of unlimited data and 6mo spotify premium. Fido's offer expires on the 26th. Available for upgrades (if you're adding a tab to the plan) and new activations. I've known Fido loyalty to be pretty generous as well, so if you're an existing customer, you can try calling in.

---

Editing this to add some new info: the 1GB and 2GB bonus offers for Fido are only guaranteed for 24 months.
Last edited by DonJoe on Feb 23rd, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3765 posts
1013 upvotes
Calgary
Then looks like the Fido deal is the best amongst the three
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1605 posts
464 upvotes
Canada
is this nationwide?
==
Telus iPhone 11 Pro
Nov 13, 2017
113 posts
111 upvotes
Ontario
casperr wrote: Then looks like the Fido deal is the best amongst the three
I'd agree, but also make sure the bonus data doesn't fall off. I can only confirm that it doesn't expire for koodo.

2Sedins1Cup wrote: is this nationwide?
Yep.

Edit: Sorry, I thought you were asking if the minutes were nationwide. The plans I mentioned, I only know they're in Ontario. I haven't heard if they're in other provinces.
Last edited by DonJoe on Feb 23rd, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
May 31, 2010
33 posts
10 upvotes
Markham
Thanks OP! Does anyone have the link for the Fido deal?
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1453 posts
2005 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
I'm usually pretty good at figuring this out, but my brain is broken today from spreadsheets, so I may need some help.

I already have the 10GB plan but can I just open a new dummy line on my account and have my SO port her number from Public Mobile onto it in order to get this deal? Any other options?
Jan 14, 2017
61 posts
45 upvotes
DonJoe wrote: ...
Virgin does have a byop plan with unlimited nationwide minutes and 3GB for $55, plus a bonus 1GB for $0, plus a bonus 2GB for $5. So total $60 for 6GB.
Fido also has a pulse plan where the breakdown (in terms of bonus data) is exactly the same as virgin's plan.
Hi, I don't see any bonus data offers from Fido on their website. I only see $65/mth for a 4GB BYOP Pulse plan. Is this offer province specific? Or for existing customers?

Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5685 posts
1423 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
dnacyan wrote: Hi, I don't see any bonus data offers from Fido on their website. I only see $65/mth for a 4GB BYOP Pulse plan. Is this offer province specific? Or for existing customers?

Thanks.
Virgin had the same thing 55 3gb and 1gb bonus for 2 yrs plus addon of 2gb for $5. Stictly for BYOP customer, you can get it with silver or plan but you need to in market plan.

Freedom Mobile
Line 1 $50 20gb with 35% F&F LG Velvet
Line 2 $50 20gb with 35% F&F Samsung S21
Line 3 $65 20gb with 35% F&F iPhone 11
Line 4 $65 20gb with 35% F&F iPhone 11

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
1903 posts
758 upvotes
I would choose say Koodo > Virgin > Fido.
Just like Telus > Bell > Rogers lol.

I am going to the mall and see if I could get this plan. I got to get out of the Corp350 Telus plan for $50/5GB 5 years ago. I can't even get any phones with that.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1724 posts
1287 upvotes
So weird that it's only making a come back now... I got this plan when it was on promo back in 2012, and only recently switched out of it to the $60 10GB plan over Christmas.
Nov 13, 2017
113 posts
111 upvotes
Ontario
smileyfayce wrote: Thanks OP! Does anyone have the link for the Fido deal?
dnacyan wrote: Hi, I don't see any bonus data offers from Fido on their website. I only see $65/mth for a 4GB BYOP Pulse plan. Is this offer province specific? Or for existing customers?

Thanks.
I'm not seeing it on the consumer website either, but I know the offer exists (again, I can only confirm it for ON, not the other provinces). I work at a retail partner, this is the flyer they've sent us.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2116 posts
1341 upvotes
Markham
DonJoe wrote: Copy-pasting my reply to a similar thread here, just to share some info:

Similar plans in ON (can't confirm for other provinces):

Virgin does have a byop plan with unlimited nationwide minutes and 3GB for $55, plus a bonus 1GB for $0, plus a bonus 2GB for $5. So total $60 for 6GB. However, I have no word on whether the bonus data will fall off or expire at any point, so if you're going with virgin, you'll want to confirm that.

Fido also has a pulse plan where the breakdown (in terms of bonus data) is exactly the same as virgin's plan. Unlimited nationwide minutes. Bonus 1000 international minutes (to 10 countries only - Australia, Bangladesh, China (excluding Macau), Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Mexico, Taiwan, and the UK), and it's stackable with 10% off add-a-line. Because it's a pulse plan, you get 5 hours per month of unlimited data and 6mo spotify premium. Fido's offer expires on the 26th. Available for upgrades (if you're adding a tab to the plan) and new activations. I've known Fido loyalty to be pretty generous as well, so if you're an existing customer, you can try calling in.

---

Editing this to add some new info: the 1GB and 2GB bonus offers for Fido are only guaranteed for 24 months.
Great summary..thanks .
-------
Thank you
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19628 posts
7011 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
It's crazy that spending the better part of a thousand dollars a year to tap on smart phones has become a completely normal expense for so many people.
Jul 29, 2012
930 posts
336 upvotes
Alberta
BinaryJay wrote: It's crazy that spending the better part of a thousand dollars a year to tap on smart phones has become a completely normal expense for so many people.
It’s crazy that spending several thousand dollars to watch life through a screen has become a completely normal expense for so many people.

It’s crazy that spending several tens of thousands of dollars to steer a metal can with wheels instead of taking a bus has become a completely normal expense for so many people.

It’s crazy that spending the better part of a million dollars to live in a wooden box has become a completely normal expense for so many people.
Banned
Aug 19, 2016
1903 posts
758 upvotes
It's crazy that we spend money for bottled water when other sources are free.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1651 posts
710 upvotes
Markham
Thanks for posting OP! My sister is looking for a plan with decent price + at least 5gb of data.
10700K + Asus TUF 3080.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
4541 posts
2033 upvotes
Toronto
Don't forget the koodo referrals are $50 right now too.

Better than nothingn
Current KOODO and FIDO customer😎