Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Black Friday deals are on! Log in to see - NO REFERRAL REQUESTS OR OFFERS

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2019 12:03 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5248 posts
7739 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
juniferlucefero wrote: Does huawei P20 pro has provided clear case already just like the older model?

If there is planning not to buy casing anymore.
Yeah, based on the unboxing videos on YouTube. If anyone who already got it can confirm, that'd be great.
Feb 25, 2017
231 posts
294 upvotes
BC
bonita! wrote: Which phone is better for camera? Iphone 8 or Samsung Galaxy S9?
Interesting choices. The Huawei P20 Pro and the Pixel 3 are probably the best camera phones on the market. The Huawei has that insane triple-lens camera setup, and the Pixel has impressive computational photography. These are the phones to consider especially if you take lots of nighttime photos, because these phones are currently unmatched in low-light photography. The P20 has optical zoom, but tends to over-sharpen, and the AI can be overzealous. Pixel has two front-facing cameras for wide-angle shots and video stabilization at 4K; however, apparently audio recording isn't great.
Last edited by luckydragon8 on Nov 22nd, 2018 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3895 posts
2812 upvotes
Toronto
----------
Last edited by drz400 on Jul 25th, 2022 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3732 posts
1364 upvotes
Toronto
Samshares wrote: I bought iPhone XR. Used the $150 Hardware Credit that they gave for inshore + traded in my iPhone 6S (in decent but working condition) for $160 = $310 OFF of $550-150-160+$35 Activation FEE

Comes out to: $738.35 AFTER TAXES, TRADE IN CREDIT, HARDWARE CREDIT, ACTIVATION FEE AND TAB (Incl. Tax) for 64GB XR.

Saving of $424.42
From Koodo store/kiosk? Or elsewhere?
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2004
1567 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
boonjaca wrote: I called in twice and got $150 and happy with it. I’m not wasting another call for the extra $50. I was super polite with the reps both times, remember they probably heard the same story about 50 times a day for the past couple of days.

I just thanked them for their time and wished them a good day. A little bit of manners goes a long way. If you’re a douche, they might put it in the notes and you’ll keep on getting the worst credits if any at all.
Any chance you can give me some insight. I called in and got offered $50 off my upfront cost. They said, go ahead an order it online and it should show up upon checkout. I literally do not see anything on any of the screens. She said she put everything through the system. For all those who are getting the adjustments where are you seeing it showing up? The rep made it sound like I would see it during the online checkout process. Is that where you're seeing your $150?

I've scheduled another call back for tomorrow, but not sure if I may have misunderstood how the $50 is going to be applied in my case.

[email protected]
Jan 22, 2006
418 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
kid_icarus wrote: Any chance you can give me some insight. I called in and got offered $50 off my upfront cost. They said, go ahead an order it online and it should show up upon checkout. I literally do not see anything on any of the screens. She said she put everything through the system. For all those who are getting the adjustments where are you seeing it showing up? The rep made it sound like I would see it during the online checkout process. Is that where you're seeing your $150?

I've scheduled another call back for tomorrow, but not sure if I may have misunderstood how the $50 is going to be applied in my case.

[email protected]
If it's upfront then the $50 should have already been applied to which ever tab you're eligible for. For example, when I called, they gave me $25 credit on a small tab which knocked the pixel 3 xl on a small tab from 570 to 545.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
1932 posts
1752 upvotes
Canada
wmahmud wrote: From Koodo store/kiosk? Or elsewhere?
Hardware credit can only be redeemed in Koodo Store/Kiosk. Other stores have their own gift cards therefore you cannot combine this.

I am a existing customer, for which most stores don't give anything to as they only cater to "NEW" activations.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1870 posts
1018 upvotes
CoolDudeClan wrote: Is the iPhone 7 still any good? My moms account has a $150 bill credit without needing to call, so $0 upfront $360-$150 = $210 for a iPhone 7. Doesn't need anything fancy at all.
iPhone 8 for $360 is a better deal.

You might be able to do a hardware upgrade at Best Buy for a $200 GC tomorrow though on the iPhone7.
Last edited by rolomonster on Nov 21st, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2004
1567 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
jeffyjai wrote: If it's upfront then the $50 should have already been applied to which ever tab you're eligible for. For example, when I called, they gave me $25 credit on a small tab which knocked the pixel 3 xl on a small tab from 570 to 545.
Thanks for the input.

so in my case she said the $150 medium tab cost for an S9, would be $100 instead. But I still see it as $150. She was very specific with it being the S9 as I had requested. So you just see it blended in right away?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2006
5023 posts
2217 upvotes
Winnipeg
dea1er wrote: My order status "is being verified by our reps" since yesterday (new customer). Is anyone in the same boat?
Same boat, but existing customer... placed order around 10pm last night. NEW Tab balance does show correct though.
Dec 27, 2017
499 posts
235 upvotes
jclgan wrote: Interesting choices. The Huawei P20 Pro and the Pixel 3 are probably the best camera phones on the market. The Huawei has that insane triple-lens camera setup, and the Pixel has impressive computational photography. These are the phones to consider especially if you take lots of nighttime photos, because these phones are currently unmatched in low-light photography. The P20 has optical zoom, but tends to over-sharpen, and the AI can be overzealous. However, Pixel has two front-facing cameras for wide-angle shots and video stabilization at 4K; however, apparently audio recording isn't great.
Good points. The S9 has a f/1.5 lens though, so while it likely cannot match the 3 and P20 Pro trickery, it should produce decent low-light shots.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
3310 posts
4373 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
bonita! wrote: Which phone is better for camera? Iphone 8 or Samsung Galaxy S9?
S9 camera trumps the iphone 8.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3895 posts
2812 upvotes
Toronto
----------
Last edited by drz400 on Jul 25th, 2022 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
4337 posts
2150 upvotes
kid_icarus wrote: Any chance you can give me some insight. I called in and got offered $50 off my upfront cost. They said, go ahead an order it online and it should show up upon checkout. I literally do not see anything on any of the screens. She said she put everything through the system. For all those who are getting the adjustments where are you seeing it showing up? The rep made it sound like I would see it during the online checkout process. Is that where you're seeing your $150?

[email protected]
It’s included in the activation credits when you select a phone. You would have to know what the activation credit for a specific phone was prior to getting the credit.

For me I knew the iPhone X was $550 on a medium tab and after I logged in again, it was $400. The rep stayed on the phone to verify it with me. Also, the Samsung S9+ dropped to $130 which I think is a fantastic deal.

You could also open up another browser and just browse the phones without logging in and compare it against the offers on your logged in account.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1870 posts
1018 upvotes
CoolDudeClan wrote: Thanks. I don't know if I want to spend the $150 extra. She doesn't do much beyond iMessage and a couple apps.

To be honest I would rather get $150 in actual cash discount from Koodo than $200 at Bestbuy, don't need anything from there. Would need to go through the hassle of selling the GC for maybe $170. :)
You can get both if your credit is applicable in store. Mine is $150 online $125 in store.

(360-125+35)x1.13-200=105.10
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2992 posts
666 upvotes
Toronto
Was anyone who migrated from PM to Koodo able to get more than $100 credit towards a new phone?
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2004
1567 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
boonjaca wrote: It’s included in the activation credits when you select a phone. You would have to know what the activation credit for a specific phone was prior to getting the credit.

For me I knew the iPhone X was $550 on a medium tab and after I logged in again, it was $400. The rep stayed on the phone to verify it with me. Also, the Samsung S9+ dropped to $130 which I think is a fantastic deal.

You could also open up another browser and just browse the phones without logging in and compare it against the offers on your logged in account.
thanks for the heads up.
i think the rep didn't fully apply the activation credits for me. she asked me when i would attempt to order the phone and I said tonight. She said to give her a few minutes to make sure everything is all set. She came back and said i should see the additional $50 credit. This was around 6pm this evening.

Guess I'll just wait for another call back tmrw to discuss. Hopefully they noted the conversation in my file.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3895 posts
2812 upvotes
Toronto
----------
Last edited by drz400 on Jul 25th, 2022 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 22, 2016
170 posts
184 upvotes
I got off the phone with Koodo and got a deal way better than what I was expecting.

HUAWEI P20 PRO 128GB PURPLE.. $1050.00
Tab discount -$240.00
Activation Credit -$690.00
KOODO LTE TRIO SIM FREE
HUAWEI WATCH 2 GWP FREE
Shipping Free
Sub total $120.00
HST (13.0%) $15.60
Total $135.60

Other monthly charges
Monthly Tab charge $10.00
Sub total $10.00
HST (13.0%) $1.30
Total due each month
(plus applicable taxes and fees) $11.30

I Booked a call with the online agent for this evening. I messed around on the website to get my prices sorted out, and ran into some weird behavior after logging in and trying to use the 'shop' tab (it wouldn't work at all).
During the call back, I talked about what I wanted. The agent said I couldn't keep my 10GB for $60 plan AND get the bill credit (I asked for $100 bill credit) - which made no sense to me.
I asked to speak with his manager several times - after about 40 minutes talking to the agent, and waiting on hold for about 25 mins, the manager came on and immediately apologized and said he'd give me a $25 credit for 6 months (i.e. a $150 bill credit) Woo Hoo!

Tried a few times and kept getting errors on their website trying to process the order. He eventually added an additional $150 credit to the activation so the phone came out to $120.. WITH THE WATCH (I didn't ask for this one).

I've been needing a win lately - glad this worked out :)

Much thanks to RFD on the various deals I've saved on in the past - never posted before but had to share this.
Dec 29, 2012
450 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
How were you guys able to get a bill credit on a new phone? Rep offered me nothing for hardware upgrade. I am currently on $35/5GB