Black Friday deals are on! Log in to see - NO REFERRAL REQUESTS OR OFFERS

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2019 12:03 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1792 posts
1455 upvotes
Calgary
Finally convinced to order myself a Twilight Huawei P20 Pro. Really was debating with the Pixel 3 (Non-XL) but the $100 price difference and the possibility of selling the watch for $200 really sealed the deal for me. I swore I would never ever buy myself a Huawei device again after the Nexus 6p debacle (dying battery, dying camera and broken power button), but this was too good of a deal to pass up hopefully at around $310 after selling off the watch.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1792 posts
1455 upvotes
Calgary
Sleepyzz wrote: Hmm I'm a koodo customer but pixel 3 isn't discounted for tab med..
I do see it as 100 with a large tab and $199 bill credits though.
Too bad large tab too expensive and i don't have need for much data.
Sleepyzz wrote: $650, no bill credits.
It is discounted on small tab I think ($120 more than the medium tab price listed here). I have one of those accounts and the medium tab price didn't get discounted for some reason. The bill credits only show up on a large tab or higher on the expensive phones such as the Pixel 3 or Huawei P20.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
2401 posts
2418 upvotes
Are they going to force existing customers to drop their current plan when they get the new phone? (im guessing most have 40/6gb or 40/8gb and whatever data add on you had) and make you choose their other plans? Their next package would range from $65-75 if you wanted the same plan you had before + $15 tab medium on top of that.

before:

$40/6gb or $40/8gb + $15/10 gb add on for a total of 16-18gb data = $55 a month

after:

$65/6gb or $75/8gb - lose your data add on + 15 a month tab = $80 or $90 a month
plus your upfront cost of the new phone.

Could I have my before exisiting plan + new phone & med. tab? So I would only pay $70 + upfront cost of new phone. Possible?
Last edited by Allen84 on Nov 20th, 2018 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11916 posts
3231 upvotes
I'm confused, current customer who came over last December on the BYOD $60 plan, when I add P20 Pro, I get a total of $350 for the phone, and then $15 on Medium Tab. How are people seeing $150?

Does the $200 credit show only after you place order, I am at the page where I add my CC info and it is showing total owing as $395 and change, plus $16.95 for tab... I have clicked to keep the existing plan I have...

I see it now, when I go to click on the plan, it says "This is a BYOD plan only, not valid with tab". How are others adding the $60 for 10 GB plan, don't even see that option on my page, other than my existing plan?
Last edited by jackass_ca on Nov 20th, 2018 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Mar 6, 2017
212 posts
189 upvotes
Waiting for that sweet Black Friday public mobile to Koodo migration plan !!!!
Apr 28, 2012
145 posts
107 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Allen84 wrote: Could I have my before exisiting plan + new phone & med. tab? So I would only pay $70 + upfront cost of new phone. Possible?
I had no problem keeping my existing $40/6GB PM-migrated plan. It added the medium tab for $15/month and I paid $250 + tax upfront for the Pixel 3.

Just choose a tab that your plan is eligible for (the $40 plan is only eligible for medium tab or lower) and follow the steps, and it'll give you a list of plans to choose from, the top one of which is your current plan. At least, that's how it worked for me.

You might want to check if your $55 plan is eligible for the large tab, as I think it works out around $30 cheaper overall (upfront + 24*tab charge) compared to the medium tab, at least for the Pixel 3.
Last edited by snoopstah on Nov 20th, 2018 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3520 posts
1121 upvotes
Belle River
Anyone care to share opinions on P20 Pro vs Pixel 3?

I wonder if I'll lose my $10/month promo thing when I switch to new phone, I forget how many months are left but probably not too many now.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1792 posts
1455 upvotes
Calgary
Tab small prices are the same for most of these phones (plus $120), so if you don't have a tab medium eligible plan, just go with the small tab instead.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11916 posts
3231 upvotes
izzyzz wrote: Ordered P20 Pro with free watch. Got extra $150 in billing credits and switched to $60 10GB plan as well. It was too much to resist! 🤩

Where was the option to switch to the $60 plan? Only $60 plan I see is for 6 Gb and even if I try to switch to that from the BYOD plan, it still doesn't show the extra $200 activation credit, I only see a discount of $360 TAB and then $340. Did your order show the $540 total activation credit prior to placing the order, or only after submitting it?
Anyone know also, if I came over to Koodo on BYOD plan can I even qualify for any of this? I keep getting texts from them about plan deals and tab deals, but when I log in to check, it never shows that way.

Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4845 posts
1868 upvotes
Winnipeg
Currently on Tab small.

If I upgrade to a phone with Tab Medium and then pay off the Tab balance right away, can I switch back to a (currently offered) NO TAB plan?
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1792 posts
1455 upvotes
Calgary
canuckcolehead wrote: Currently on Tab small.

If I upgrade to a phone with Tab Medium and then pay off the Tab balance right away, can I switch back to a (currently offered) Tab Small plan?
From my post right two above yours:
Tab small prices are the same for most of these phones (plus $120), so if you don't have a tab medium eligible plan, just go with the small tab instead.
So keep your Tab small plan and you will get the same price if you want to pay off the tab balance right away.
For example: $250 on Tab Medium = $610 total, $370 on Tab Small = $610 total as well
Jun 21, 2008
114 posts
53 upvotes
North Vancouver
I just logged in & I also see new specials listed.
I'm interested in the Pixel 3 & weird thing is that currently it's cheaper on Large & small tabs ( total of $580 & $610) but not yet reduced on the medium (total $1010). Hopefully, that is an error that will get fixed soon.

FYI: I'm showing some 'sweet deal' monthly credits also (& no expiry date listed) for tabs Med & up.
Also, the Pixel 3 seems to be reduced more than the XL ($400 vs $330 off), which makes sense as the Pixel 3 went up $150 from Pixel 2 whereas the Pixel 3 XL didn't increase as much from Pixel 2 XL ($50 up I think?).
Last edited by sbreakin on Nov 20th, 2018 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 16, 2016
61 posts
44 upvotes
Am I the only one not seeing the deals on my account?...

Edit: I'm in BC, on the $40/6GB plan if that makes a difference lol
Last edited by washingbear on Nov 20th, 2018 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11916 posts
3231 upvotes
washingbear wrote: Am I the only one not seeing the deals on my account?...
No, I'm not either.

Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
1489 posts
2307 upvotes
Pointe Claire
Logged in but new deals are not showing up for me.
Oct 1, 2013
869 posts
838 upvotes
Honestly, this is overwhelming. So many options. I don’t know what to choose.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4845 posts
1868 upvotes
Winnipeg
goflamesgo wrote: From my post right two above yours:

So keep your Tab small plan and you will get the same price if you want to pay off the tab balance right away.
For example: $250 on Tab Medium = $610 total, $370 on Tab Small = $610 total as well
Not giving me an option for Tab Small for the IPhone 8 -64GB.

My offer is a crazy good deal I think... Pay $0 and put the rest $360 on Tab Medium...

Back to my original Q, after purchase can I pay off the tab balance and switch to a no tab plan?
Images
  • CF53E4C4-D4E8-4F96-A6B7-7331FABBF47F.jpeg
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1324 posts
1106 upvotes
North York
washingbear wrote: Am I the only one not seeing the deals on my account?...

Edit: I'm in BC, on the $40/6GB plan if that makes a difference lol
I have the same plan as you. The tab medium seems to work while keeping this plan which is the most important
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1792 posts
1455 upvotes
Calgary
canuckcolehead wrote: Not giving me an option for Tab Small for the IPhone 8 -64GB.

My offer is a crazy good deal I think... Pay $0 and put the rest $360 on Tab Medium...

Back to my original Q, after purchase can I pay off the tab balance and switch to a no tab plan?
That's a really great deal. It shows up $150 on Tab Medium on my accounts instead. You should be able to switch back to a Tab Small plan after paying off the tab, but the issue is that you would lose whatever plan you currently have since you can only switch to an in-market current plan. If you have a good Tab Small plan and want to keep it, it probably wouldn't be a great choice.
Jun 21, 2008
114 posts
53 upvotes
North Vancouver
canuckcolehead wrote: Not giving me an option for Tab Small for the IPhone 8 -64GB.

That is a great deal 0 up front & $360 tab so $360 in total. Do you already have a positive tab?

I'm a current customer on $40/6g plan & seeing it as $250 +360 tab (so $510 total) less a positive $150 tab in my account.
It does seem like amounts can differ between folks logged in - for example I'm still showing Pixel 3 & 3XL at reg price for medium tab yet others are showing the discount.