Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] BlackBerry KEY2 LE | $0 Medium Tab ($360)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2018 1:41 pm
[OP]
Oct 1, 2013
869 posts
837 upvotes

[Koodo] BlackBerry KEY2 LE | $0 Medium Tab ($360)

this is considered a WARM deal since this is $480 everywhere else but also because its a blackberry lol

If you want a new phone, the P20 is a much better buy but if you love a keyboard and miss the nostalgia of a blackberry you can get one for a good price. camera sucks btw
  • Screen: 4.5" Corning Gorilla LCD (1620x1080)
  • Processor: Qualcomm SDM 636: Kyro 260 Octa-core (4xGold 1.8GHz + 4xSilver 1.6GHz)
  • Back Camera: 13MP + 5MP
  • Front Camera: 8MP
  • Battery: 3,000mAh
  • Internal Memory: 32 GB
  • Expandable Memory: microSD (up to 256GB) ¹
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Operating System: Android 8.1
  • Size: 150.25 x 71.80 x 8.35 mm
  • Weight: 156g
  • Package Content: BlackBerry KEY2 LE, Headset Travel Charger, USB-C Cable, Ejection Pin, Documentation
  • SIM Card: Nano
218 replies
Nov 4, 2010
186 posts
149 upvotes
Canada
Thanks for the post, but I have a question

I see the retail price says $580, but $360 on the medium tab... so how does one actually go about securing that $380 price point. Do I have to commit to the term length, or can I break the contract?!
[OP]
Oct 1, 2013
869 posts
837 upvotes
phaldaz wrote: Thanks for the post, but I have a question

I see the retail price says $580, but $360 on the medium tab... so how does one actually go about securing that $380 price point. Do I have to commit to the term length, or can I break the contract?!
you can break the term at any time. just pay off the balance of the phone.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
11934 posts
3051 upvotes
lol, is blackberry hating still a thing?
Paradoxical wrote: blackberry? thats still a thing?
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Nov 26, 2014
80 posts
424 upvotes
Montreal, QC
They still exist but they contracted out their phones to TCL instead of developing them in-house. So now they run nearly stock Android instead of their old proprietary OS. The software BB adds thankfully doesn't bog down the system nearly as much as some other implementations. One advantage is that these do get *prompt* security and OS updates, which can't be said of a lot of similarly priced phones on the market.
:facepalm: Common fallacies! Canadian pricing is the same as US pricing with FX and tax. Ink is more expensive than a new printer. LTE is 4G. Macs are more secure.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13616 posts
3821 upvotes
VANCOUVER
It's a decent deal, if you want the physical keyboard. It also comes with the HUB, so that's worth $31 over 2 years. It's just that it's a hard sell when the P20 is available at the same net cost.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2441 posts
2597 upvotes
Best keyboard and security on the market and now at a good price. Yeah, it's still a thing. In the world where every Android phone copies others ( the dreadful notch anyone?), its refreshing that a phone is doing something else while playing to its strengths and roots. Canadians should be cheering a company like this to succeed, not fail.

Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
10722 posts
1868 upvotes
Toronto
thelasthunter wrote: Best keyboard and security on the market and now at a good price. Yeah, it's still a thing. In the world where every Android phone copies others ( the dreadful notch anyone?), its refreshing that a phone is doing something else while playing to its strengths and roots. Canadians should be cheering a company like this to succeed, not fail.

Please, when blackberry was popular I had the Blackberry Bold, 4 of them... why? First one the screen broke 1 week after I got it, no idea how, but happened while I was typing (on it's keyboard). Second and third one were DOA and the 4th worked for a month and then just never turned on again.

This company needs to just stop bleeding money. Have you ever seen one single person in the real world use this new blackberry or even one person mention this blackberry in any sense? Probably not and there's a reason why. Almost every review (if not every one) states they don't like it.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2441 posts
2597 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote: Please, when blackberry was popular I had the Blackberry Bold, 4 of them... why? First one the screen broke 1 week after I got it, no idea how, but happened while I was typing (on it's keyboard). Second and third one were DOA and the 4th worked for a month and then just never turned on again.

This company needs to just stop bleeding money. Have you ever seen one single person in the real world use this new blackberry or even one person mention this blackberry in any sense? Probably not and there's a reason why. Almost every review (if not every one) states they don't like it.
The above review stated that they liked it and I know a few people who have it for the keyboard. QC under old BB was never an issue. I'm an owner of a Playbook - which I hate due to absence of apps and slow boot up due to security - but which works just fine nevertheless. Even by today's standards, it has a gorgeous screen. In the world of copycat generic companies just following the two premiere brands, we need someone different. Not sure if BB is the one, but they did it before more than once. Worthwhile to remember that Apple was also consigned to the dustbin of failed companies.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2441 posts
2597 upvotes
Quick question about Koodo plans. If I have a plan I like ($40 for 6gb) and I get one of these phones, do I have to change my plan to put it on tab, since it says plans start at $45/month?
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13616 posts
3821 upvotes
VANCOUVER
thelasthunter wrote: Quick question about Koodo plans. If I have a plan I like ($40 for 6gb) and I get one of these phones, do I have to change my plan to put it on tab, since it says plans start at $45/month?
You should be able to keep your plan.
Jul 4, 2018
508 posts
410 upvotes
damn i miss BB. it was a good solid phone manufacturer and OS.
im feelin this phone over the chinese p20 one but ive just got a LG g7.
the regular BB key2 non LE has better specs though.
Oh how the once mighty giants have fallen. nokia RIP, moto RIP, BB RIP...apple and android killed them.
to think the BB co owner once almost got a 2nd Toronto NHL team.
Put some resphek on my name!
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9449 posts
490 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote: Best keyboard and security on the market and now at a good price. Yeah, it's still a thing. In the world where every Android phone copies others ( the dreadful notch anyone?), its refreshing that a phone is doing something else while playing to its strengths and roots. Canadians should be cheering a company like this to succeed, not fail.

That's the Key2 ...this is for Key2 LE