• Jan 25th, 2018 3:48 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2003
1368 posts
123 upvotes
Edmonton

Koodo charges for Customer Services

Is this something new? I wanted to call in to retention to see if I can get a better deal for Data.. .. but they now charge 10 bucks? ??

https://www.koodomobile.com/contact-us? ... _ContactUs

Sorry.. link doesn't load them cost menu.. you have to click "call us" to see it.
16 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1876 posts
1026 upvotes
Koodo only charge customers for things that can be done by themselves via self serve kiosk.
For example pay billing online, change my number n such.

For your situation OP you would not be charge since your looking to talk to rep to get a better deal on data.

Hope this helps.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16047 posts
4553 upvotes
Markham
did you get a better deal?
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
3419 posts
1209 upvotes
Woodbridge
jay-em wrote: Koodo only charge customers for things that can be done by themselves via self serve kiosk.

For your situation OP you would not be charge since your looking to talk to rep to get a better deal on data.

Hope this helps.
+1 This was my experience as well when cancelling an account. I was surprised by the mention of a $10 fee but since I was calling for something that could not be done online, the charge was waived.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33565 posts
7237 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Koodo retention is a hidden secret. They consider changing plans something you can do yourself in self serve, thus the $10 Charge.
Sep 27, 2003
10416 posts
2865 upvotes
Newmarket
Gee wrote: Koodo retention is a hidden secret. They consider changing plans something you can do yourself in self serve, thus the $10 Charge.
The argument would be that "I could not negotiate a special plan myself online, hence you should waive the charge".
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14230 posts
11980 upvotes
Not Leask
jay-em wrote: Koodo only charge customers for things that can be done by themselves via self serve kiosk.

Hope this helps.
Negative. No fee to make account payments over the phone...unlike Freewind. They charge for number change or rate plan change via phone since it can be done at no charge online. They charge and waive putting a line on seasonal hold or on loyalty plans (unavailable via self-serve).
jvnanu wrote: +1 This was my experience as well when cancelling an account. I was surprised by the mention of a $10 fee but since I was calling for something that could not be done online, the charge was waived.
No $10 charge to cancel service. The system cannot generate the charge since service cancellation can never be done via selfie.
WorldIRC wrote: The argument would be that "I could not negotiate a special plan myself online, hence you should waive the charge".
No need to negotiate. Loyalty reps will waive rate plan change if going on loyalty plan that is unavailable via selfie.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33565 posts
7237 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
titaniumtux wrote: No $10 charge to cancel service. The system cannot generate the charge since service cancellation can never be done via selfie.
Couldn’t you just port the number out and cancel?
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14230 posts
11980 upvotes
Not Leask
Gee wrote: Couldn’t you just port the number out and cancel?
You could, but customer service has no such $10 fee to cancel over the phone.

Takes probably 30+ minutes via phone to arrange a cancellation. If you can call in when you have nothing better to do, else if your time is worth more, port out.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33565 posts
7237 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
titaniumtux wrote: You could, but customer service has no such $10 fee to cancel over the phone.
I figured most people would want to keep their number. If you call to cancel, you will lose your number. I guess it doesn’t apply in your situation since you have multiple lines and cancel every 90 days
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14230 posts
11980 upvotes
Not Leask
Gee wrote: I figured most people would want to keep their number. If you call to cancel, you will lose your number. I guess it doesn’t apply in your situation since you have multiple lines and cancel every 90 days
Correct. Mind you, Koodo (since it's TELUS) can give you back one of your cancelled numbers within 90 days on one of your still active lines (in lieu of an existing number currently active with Koodo)...for a $10 fee :lol:

I also assumed that anyone on this thread who may have the intention of cancelling service with Koodo would already be aware that porting = keeping number, cancelling with service provider = losing number.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2003
1368 posts
123 upvotes
Edmonton
So, just to clarify. I called them to see if I can get that 1 GB a month with the 2 GB bonus put on my account.. Because when I brought it after Xmas, they said I could come back to change it and get the bonus. However, when I tried to change my plan online back in late December.. Self serve was saying that I can't change my plan until next bill cycle.

This is why I wanted to call them and see if I can get the 2 GB deal.

So in the end, they said that they couldn't do it, and the confusion was likely a mis-understanding that I could change the plan while the promo was still active.

Story short... they offered me 500 MB for 4 bucks as an addon. He hinted that there will be "other" promo coming...
I was not charged 10 bucks for a plan
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3627 posts
498 upvotes
canadiantofu wrote: So, just to clarify. I called them to see if I can get that 1 GB a month with the 2 GB bonus put on my account.. Because when I brought it after Xmas, they said I could come back to change it and get the bonus. However, when I tried to change my plan online back in late December.. Self serve was saying that I can't change my plan until next bill cycle.

This is why I wanted to call them and see if I can get the 2 GB deal.

So in the end, they said that they couldn't do it, and the confusion was likely a mis-understanding that I could change the plan while the promo was still active.

Story short... they offered me 500 MB for 4 bucks as an addon. He hinted that there will be "other" promo coming...
I was not charged 10 bucks for a plan
It must be hit and miss on who you get down there as my buddy was able to call in a few weeks ago and get the 10 gig plan
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14230 posts
11980 upvotes
Not Leask
shushwap wrote: It must be hit and miss on who you get down there as my buddy was able to call in a few weeks ago and get the 10 gig plan
Big YMMV. Just spoke to Koodo loyalty today. Between now and Jan 31st, they said that to apply the BYOD $60 for 10 GB plan, they have to see the subscriber try to call customer service from their Koodo line during the promo rush. Since they couldn't find evidence that I tried calling them during the rush (since their line was down), I had the guy process six cancellations for me :lol:
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3627 posts
498 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: Big YMMV. Just spoke to Koodo loyalty today. Between now and Jan 31st, they said that to apply the BYOD $60 for 10 GB plan, they have to see the subscriber try to call customer service from their Koodo line during the promo rush. Since they couldn't find evidence that I tried calling them during the rush (since their line was down), I had the guy process six cancellations for me :lol:
They are lying to you then because he was in Mexico during the promo and couldnt call in
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16047 posts
4553 upvotes
Markham
titaniumtux wrote: Big YMMV. Just spoke to Koodo loyalty today. Between now and Jan 31st, they said that to apply the BYOD $60 for 10 GB plan, they have to see the subscriber try to call customer service from their Koodo line during the promo rush. Since they couldn't find evidence that I tried calling them during the rush (since their line was down), I had the guy process six cancellations for me :lol:
You didn’t dial 611 at all ?
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14230 posts
11980 upvotes
Not Leask
Keigotw wrote: You didn’t dial 611 at all ?
Called from my Virgin cell. I don't "switch" to Koodo, just churn :lol: