Cell Phones

Is Koodo charging me for full months service?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2018 1:13 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1796 posts
524 upvotes
ORLEANS

Is Koodo charging me for full months service?

Usually when I port out, the last month charges are prorated. So how many days I used in that billing cycle is charged, up to the day I ported out. Is Koodo charging me the full month price? My billing cycle ends July 27.
We’re sorry to see you go.

You recently scheduled to cancel your wireless service on July 27, 2018, for the following phone numbers(s):

Here’s what to expect on your final bill:

Recurring charges that are billed in advance at the beginning of your billing cycle will not be refunded when your service is cancelled. This includes your monthly plan and any add-on charges.
If you have a negative Tab balance, the remaining balance will be charged to your final bill.
If you recently used your phone outside of Canada, roaming charges may not immediately show up on your final bill. You may receive an additional bill if this happens.
If you have a Self Serve account, you can continue to view your E-Bill online for up to 90 days after your cancellation date.
If you change your mind about cancelling your account with us, give us a call at 1-866-995-6636.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future.

All the best,
The Koodo Team
13 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12979 posts
11821 upvotes
This is normal for Koodo. You need to call now or after receiving your final bill to adjust. Koodo is counting people paying the bill without calling.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $35 5GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, Zoomer $36 6GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
23675 posts
12885 upvotes
Toronto
embguy wrote: This is normal for Koodo. You need to call now or after receiving your final bill to adjust. Koodo is counting people paying the bill without calling.
Isn't this practice a contravention of the wireless code? Somebody should test the waters with the CCTS.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank, EQ Bank, Simplii
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12979 posts
11821 upvotes
will888 wrote: Isn't this practice a contravention of the wireless code? Somebody should test the waters with the CCTS.
Before filing CCTS complain, the CCTS form ask whether you had contacted the carrier and the name of CSR. If you call Koodo, you will get the refund and no ground to file the complain. I know it is scummy policy. But what can we do.

Being a churner on Koodo phone, I asked the question. They want to make sure that your number is properly transferred to the new carrier. If you do not call after your number is ported to your new provider to confirm that they will cancel your plan at the end of the current billing period.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
23675 posts
12885 upvotes
Toronto
embguy wrote: Before filing CCTS complain, the CCTS form ask whether you had contacted the carrier and the name of CSR. If you call Koodo, you will get the refund and no ground to file the complain. I know it is scummy policy. But what can we do.

Being a churner on Koodo phone, I asked the question. They want to make sure that your number is properly transferred to the new carrier. If you do not call after your number is ported to your new provider to confirm that they will cancel your plan at the end of the current billing period.
Lol, this is scummy. What about plan transfers. I am about to transfer a plan out of my account to someone else who will start a new account. I hope they don't bill two accounts and give excuses unless I call to complain.
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12979 posts
11821 upvotes
will888 wrote: Lol, this is scummy. What about plan transfers. I am about to transfer a plan out of my account to someone else who will start a new account. I hope they don't bill two accounts and give excuses unless I call to complain.
I think the change of ownership is difference from porting out a number because both parties are on the phone with Koodo CSR or at Koodo Kiosk to perform the transfer. While porting a number out is done by the new carrier, the Koodo subscriber does not have any contact with Koodo CSR at the time of porting a Koodo number out.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
23675 posts
12885 upvotes
Toronto
hvwozq wrote: That is complete BS. How come other providers don't do the same thing? Overpriced plans aside, Koodo/TELUS scam unsuspecting people by doing this and the CRTC does not care. I complained before.
I agree. I think the policy should be taken to the CCTS to rule on rather than the infraction. They know better than to resist when called out. By continuing this way, they can sustain a policy that is in contravention of the wireless code.
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
6863 posts
2861 upvotes
They know most people will end up paying it. Lots of people don't pay close attention to the details in their bill, & lots of people think its a hassle to file a complaint with the CCTS
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5876 posts
3881 upvotes
will888 wrote: I agree. I think the policy should be taken to the CCTS to rule on rather than the infraction. They know better than to resist when called out. By continuing this way, they can sustain a policy that is in contravention of the wireless code.
The CCTS only cares about individual complaints, and even then, they don't actually have any power. This is bigger than them and is supposed to go to the CRTC and the media, but nobody seems to care. An optimistic guess would be that they are scamming at least a few dozen people every single day.
Jan 4, 2007
294 posts
130 upvotes
Not sure that's how it works. I got the same email and was billed the full month but also received a credit. The net effect was about 1 day.
Apr 4, 2017
223 posts
254 upvotes
Internet
So the porting comes with it's price - up to full month service never used by customer. Nice. If the customer have to call after receiving the bill to do an adjustment, what's the point of wasting time and money by porting # out in the first place?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6298 posts
3801 upvotes
Toronto
dea1er wrote: So the porting comes with it's price - up to full month service never used by customer. Nice. If the customer have to call after receiving the bill to do an adjustment, what's the point of wasting time and money by porting # out in the first place?
I got charged $4 for 2 days of service when porting out from Koodo.
Apr 4, 2017
223 posts
254 upvotes
Internet
peteryorkuca wrote: I got charged $4 for 2 days of service when porting out from Koodo.
I believe you bought it in store and canceled next day after activation. And it happened before your billing cycle started. Correct me if I;m wrong.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)