• Jan 20th, 2020 10:23 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
1100 posts
628 upvotes
Pickering
DjRags604 wrote: Apparently certain stores will blacklist you if you do not keep the phone line active for a certain amount of time but it seems to vary place to place

Yeah, I heard BB does that and was wondering if anybody could shed some light if that's something that happens at all the other retailers.
I'm going to the convenient store to pick me up a pack of cigarettes...
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2010
1919 posts
395 upvotes
Scarborough
Wait so if I sign up for a large tab right now, can I still port out right away or do I have to wait 90 days? And if I port out right away, will it charge me the device remaining balance + one month prorated fee ($80 on large)? Or will I get billed a whole month's fee?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1578 posts
795 upvotes
Devotion wrote: Wait so if I sign up for a large tab right now, can I still port out right away or do I have to wait 90 days? And if I port out right away, will it charge me the device remaining balance + one month prorated fee ($80 on large)? Or will I get billed a whole month's fee?
No need to wait for 90days, can port right away.
You'll only be charge remaining tab balance + day(s) prorated fees.
It's that simple.

Only thing you have to worry about is whether you want to port out via sim or calling in.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4261 posts
681 upvotes
Edmonton
Koodo found a huge mistake that apparently lost records or they never had records of tabs dating back to 2017 and payment history resulting in going back on customers. Koodo is requiring Koodo customers provide innocents aka prove other wise or pay for your tab again.

This is more then likely the source and result of the issues your having with tab(s).

Koodo refuses to provide proof of anything but still requires customers to pay again.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16929 posts
6700 upvotes
Oakville
Max_Dealing wrote: Koodo found a huge mistake that apparently lost records or they never had records of tabs dating back to 2017 and payment history resulting in going back on customers. Koodo is requiring Koodo customers provide innocents aka prove other wise or pay for your tab again.

This is more then likely the source and result of the issues your having with tab(s).

Koodo refuses to provide proof of anything but still requires customers to pay again.
Who are you replying to? The "charging customers for unpaid tabs from years ago" is entirely unrelated to churning, as far as I can tell.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Sep 4, 2008
740 posts
207 upvotes
New Westminster
So I have read through many of the Koodo posts. What I don't understand is why port out as opposed to cancel?

If I already have a plan that I like n I am only signing up for Koodo to get the phone, is there a reason to port out to another carrier then cancel? Is there something I am missing? Seems like even more work to get another sim, port out, then eventually cancel?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16929 posts
6700 upvotes
Oakville
brclho wrote: So I have read through many of the Koodo posts. What I don't understand is why port out as opposed to cancel?

If I already have a plan that I like n I am only signing up for Koodo to get the phone, is there a reason to port out to another carrier then cancel? Is there something I am missing? Seems like even more work to get another sim, port out, then eventually cancel?
Primarily, because Koodo's phone reps can be useless. People get spooked when a Koodo rep tells them "you'll have to pay back the activation bonus" even though there's literally nothing a CSR can do increase your remaining tab balance. And sometimes they'll punt you around to a bunch of different reps to try to get you to stay. The "port out" alternative is just porting your temporary number out to a *prepaid* account (Bell sims available on ebay for a buck or two, no need to add credit to port into it), and eventually that prepaid account expires and the number just goes away, no need to specifically cancel it. It saves the hassle of dealing with reps on the phone, by spending a bit more money.
Jan 23, 2013
177 posts
791 upvotes
Hi guys - I recently purchased the S10 deal through Koodo @ Best Buy. I cancelled the phone plan immediately by porting over the phone number. I just received my bill but the invoice is only for the 1 day charge + cancellation fee. The total bill amount is $43 and there's no mention of a tab. Has anyone here experienced a similar situation? Please advise, thank you!
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19295 posts
7411 upvotes
Toronto
Geoff2 wrote: Hi guys - I recently purchased the S10 deal through Koodo @ Best Buy. I cancelled the phone plan immediately by porting over the phone number. I just received my bill but the invoice is only for the 1 day charge + cancellation fee. The total bill amount is $43 and there's no mention of a tab. Has anyone here experienced a similar situation? Please advise, thank you!
You will get the tab on the next bill.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB, $28 RBC 5GB promo
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $10/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16929 posts
6700 upvotes
Oakville
Geoff2 wrote: Hi guys - I recently purchased the S10 deal through Koodo @ Best Buy. I cancelled the phone plan immediately by porting over the phone number. I just received my bill but the invoice is only for the 1 day charge + cancellation fee. The total bill amount is $43 and there's no mention of a tab. Has anyone here experienced a similar situation? Please advise, thank you!
There's no such thing as cancellation fees anymore. Is it the activation fee? ($35) Sounds like your first bill was generated before the cancellation actually went through. That happens sometimes, the initial billing period is a shorter one. As will888 said, next bill should have the tab on it. Keep your eyes peeled for it, don't want to let that go to collections (as has happened to many a person before, who didn't stay looking for their final Koodo bill)
Jul 8, 2014
316 posts
156 upvotes
AB
I am in the same boat as @Geoff2

Signed up for a koodo account on Apr 29, cancelled Apr 30 (2 days of service).
Got a bill for $43.XX (35 activation + 80*(2/30)+pro-rated 911 fee+Tax). Which makes sense to me.
Never got a bill for the final tab.

so the consensus here is to wait a month for the tab bill to appear?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16929 posts
6700 upvotes
Oakville
damatick wrote: I am in the same boat as @Geoff2

Signed up for a koodo account on Apr 29, cancelled Apr 30 (2 days of service).
Got a bill for $43.XX (35 activation + 80*(2/30)+pro-rated 911 fee+Tax). Which makes sense to me.
Never got a bill for the final tab.

so the consensus here is to wait a month for the tab bill to appear?
There isn't much else you can do. You could login to self service to see if the tab balance has been added to your account balance yet, sometimes they add outstanding balances before the end of the billing period (I know they used to with referral bonuses, when the bonuses were paid in a lump sum - no idea if they do that with tab balances though). Otherwise the only thing to do is wait till the end of your next billing cycle and see if it shows up or not. Note that if it doesn't, that doesn't necessarily mean you're off the hook. See: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-ch ... e-2276958/
May 2, 2014
194 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wearysky wrote: There isn't much else you can do. You could login to self service to see if the tab balance has been added to your account balance yet, sometimes they add outstanding balances before the end of the billing period (I know they used to with referral bonuses, when the bonuses were paid in a lump sum - no idea if they do that with tab balances though). Otherwise the only thing to do is wait till the end of your next billing cycle and see if it shows up or not. Note that if it doesn't, that doesn't necessarily mean you're off the hook. See: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-ch ... e-2276958/
Does Koodo reimburse you if your bill includes the entire months billing cycle, but cancel out before the end of the month?

April 23 - signed up onto Koodo.
April 24 self serve account set up.
May 1 - Koodo e-bill ready and includes partial charges for april and the entire bill for may.
May 2 - phone number ported out, therefore cancelling account. Received confirmation from Koodo as well..
Do i still pay the entire bill, will i get refunded for may?
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19295 posts
7411 upvotes
Toronto
ausername wrote: Does Koodo reimburse you if your bill includes the entire months billing cycle, but cancel out before the end of the month?

April 23 - signed up onto Koodo.
April 24 self serve account set up.
May 1 - Koodo e-bill ready and includes partial charges for april and the entire bill for may.
May 2 - phone number ported out, therefore cancelling account. Received confirmation from Koodo as well..
Do i still pay the entire bill, will i get refunded for may?
The adjustment is automatic. If a bill is issued for a full month of usage and a cancellation was placed prior to the bill being generated, the following bill will provide the adjustment.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB, $28 RBC 5GB promo
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $10/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8072 posts
561 upvotes
Scarborough
Which prepaid is best for port out, Bell, PM or doesn't matter?