• Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2016 8:28 am
Tags:
Apr 27, 2011
210 posts
150 upvotes
Montreal
vonblock wrote: Good deal

I'll probably keep my 34$ for unlimited minutes +1 GB though.
That means you didn't call in for black friday last year?

Fido was offering 34$ for unlimited minutes Canada wide + 1GB of data, and on black friday, they would do the same deal with a bonus 1gb of data bumping you to 2GB.
All I had to do was chat in and they upgraded my plan. Told my family members that were with Virgin mobile, they matched the deal too.

For once this stuff is Quebec only, we always get screwed for anything else. :P
~ Meru Meru ~
Sep 30, 2010
29 posts
7 upvotes
dealsforme2 wrote: Videotron subscribers base is substantial so koodo, bell etc. want to steal them from videotron.
VirginMobile price match??
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5027 posts
3159 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
mm21xx wrote: That means you didn't call in for black friday last year?
I thought the black Friday deal was for new users only?
Aug 23, 2013
215 posts
80 upvotes
MONTR
Unlimited text + talk + 2G data was $36 in koodo, virgin and fido last year... In fact price goes up..
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6296 posts
619 upvotes
Calgary
great deal. wish i could get it in calgary... would switch from my 1gb grandfathered public mobile plan...
Dec 3, 2013
107 posts
87 upvotes
Montreal
When you get that plan, can they suddenly increase their price?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5027 posts
3159 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
jimmog wrote: When you get that plan, can they suddenly increase their price?
Virgin has an history of doing that.

Koodo, I don't think so.
Sep 30, 2010
29 posts
7 upvotes
TXSeraph wrote: Unlimited text + talk + 2G data was $36 in koodo, virgin and fido last year... In fact price goes up..
Virgin Mobile increased my plan + $5 last month for my old plan BYOP - 1GB QC at 35 to 40
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8615 posts
3785 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
theganguly wrote: $100 for something that can be done very easily? No thanks.
Not to mention that you have to hand over your personal information to some sketchy guy, AND you run a higher risk of getting audited.
Nov 22, 2005
324 posts
23 upvotes
ToniCipriani wrote: Not to mention that you have to hand over your personal information to some sketchy guy, AND you run a higher risk of getting audited.
What exactly is it they are doing? How do they manage to get these plans?
Apr 27, 2011
210 posts
150 upvotes
Montreal
vonblock wrote: I thought the black Friday deal was for new users only?
Nope, it was to anyone on a BYOD plan. You just really had to chat them up or call them up to flip your plan over to 2GB.

It was my friend that told me about it, since he was a long standing client of Fido too with the same 1GB data plan.
~ Meru Meru ~
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5027 posts
3159 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
mm21xx wrote: Nope, it was to anyone on a BYOD plan. You just really had to chat them up or call them up to flip your plan over to 2GB.

It was my friend that told me about it, since he was a long standing client of Fido too with the same 1GB data plan.
Yeah

I remember fido user could upgrade to 2 GB but not Koodo

Where I live I can only have Telus-Bell plan.

Anyway it was a great deal
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
1417 posts
1123 upvotes
Batmaster wrote: What exactly is it they are doing? How do they manage to get these plans?
First up... Koodo (and Fido, Virgin) has plan for Manitoba where you get Unlimited Canada wide minutes, text and 5 GB LTE data for $48/month.

There is a loophole in Koodo's website that lets you get this plan in AB, BC or ON.

What people do is:

1. Sign up for new line from local Koodo store/reseller. Use real address and get a new local number and the cheapest plan available.

2. Go home and change number to a Manitoba number using online self serve. Koodo generates a new Manitoba number for them.

3. Once first billing cycle ends (usually 3-9 days from sign up), plan is changed to $48 plan using self serve.

4. Right after, people port in existing number from a different provider. That's it.

There are a couple of additional steps involved if person is already Koodo subscriber but still doable

Koodo has been made aware of this loophole numerous times. There are 2 CBC articles on it, but at this point they must be keeping it open intentionally.

Same loophole can be used to get this QC plan as well.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2073 posts
2129 upvotes
Living the dream
Crackerd wrote: Cant beat the 48$ 5gb deal. This one is close for people who don't need data.

cellphoneman.ca
That website is a joke. In business since 2008, and apparently you wait in a queue, because they're so busy being as popular as they are. Someone needs a real job.
The name is pronounced El‧u‧àr‧do. I am the ultimate deal hunter, y'all just gatherers. I was the first openly black man to get a Costco membership.
Apr 13, 2016
43 posts
27 upvotes
I have a Fido Loyalty plan for $70 with 6GBS of data and pretty much unlimited everything. Does it make sense to down grade? I dont think i even use any of that stuff, i pretty much work from home and use my wifi!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)