Expired Hot Deals

Koodo

DEAL IS GONE QC Only!! $40 for Unlimited Minutes, texting and 2GB Data

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2016 8:28 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 5, 2004
4534 posts
1182 upvotes
Guelph, ON
divx wrote: did you know ontario also pays the highest insurance cost and highest hydro cost? nothing to do with economy of scale, everything to do because they can.
Not fair comparison from auto insurance perspective as Ontario actually has the Richest Accident Benefit Coverages in North America, period. If you're injured, you're looked after big time. Coincidentally, Quebec has the worst Accident Benefit Coverages of any province in Canada.

In terms of Cell Plans, we're just getting screwed in Ontario, we're not receiving anything extra for what we're paying.
Jr. Member
Jan 24, 2015
136 posts
60 upvotes
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Does anyone tried to price match with Virgin Mobile?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 29, 2011
4960 posts
3099 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
sixer wrote: , Quebec has the worst Accident Benefit Coverages of any province in Canada.
Lol wut

Quebec accident benefit is incredible.

Much better than Ontario in almost any possible way.

Almost all coverages in case of disability are for your whole life where in Ontario its often limited for a couple of year.

Plus it's incredibly cheap and you don't have to go through crappy private insurance and fight with them.
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=w ... RWbS62sclA
Jr. Member
Nov 27, 2014
156 posts
221 upvotes
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC
Just got this yesterday from Fido. Had only 2 months left with Bell. No activation fee and free SIM card. Plus, since I added my wife also, we get 10% off on the second line. The referral plan will also net us 50$ after 15 days and the free Spotify is bonus. So happy to have dropped Bell. When I called them to see if they would match this, bell told me they couldn't. So good riddance
Jr. Member
Jun 9, 2007
163 posts
17 upvotes
Ottawa
I was just looking at Wind and they have a $45 plan ($5 off if you BYOD drops it to $40) where you have 5GB full speed data plus unlimited calling/texting to North America on the "Wind Home" networks (fairly limited coverage), plus 2400 minutes on the "Away" network, which gives you access pretty much across North America. No free data on the "Away" network but if you must, it's 5 cents/MB.

Is that a good deal?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 23, 2015
2249 posts
1538 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
It's such BS koodo/fido have different plans based on province. All of Canada should be able to get the same plan! Crooks...

Also do you guys know when the $34 for unlimited talk/text and 1gb data might be available again?
Newbie
Aug 24, 2011
28 posts
9 upvotes
Gatineau
Does anybody know if a Quebec number is required for this plan, or if it is possible to port in an old number after activating if the billing address is in Quebec?
Sr. Member
Feb 9, 2011
792 posts
328 upvotes
BeapChastard wrote: It's such BS koodo/fido have different plans based on province. All of Canada should be able to get the same plan! Crooks...

Also do you guys know when the $34 for unlimited talk/text and 1gb data might be available again?
Yes and all of Canada should also have the same gas prices. Would you like to use our price here in Montreal as the set point? I guess not. So let us have our cheap cell phone plans, cause that is the only "bargain" you get by living in Quebec.
Jr. Member
Jun 9, 2007
163 posts
17 upvotes
Ottawa
I was just looking at Wind and they have a $45 plan ($5 off if you BYOD drops it to $40) where you have 5GB full speed data plus unlimited calling/texting to North America on the "Wind Home" networks (fairly limited coverage), plus 2400 minutes on the "Away" network, which gives you access pretty much across North America. No free data on the "Away" network but if you must, it's 5 cents/MB.

Is that a good deal?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 3, 2012
1858 posts
627 upvotes
TO
kira1337 wrote: What was the record low last time? I think I saw people tried to call their carrier to match this also, how did it go?
I think it was that same plan for 34$
Wins
2015: 69.99$
Newbie
User avatar
Oct 17, 2012
75 posts
21 upvotes
Chicoutimi
Vinzqc wrote: Does anyone tried to price match with Virgin Mobile?
On their website I see:

"UNLIMITED Minutes
+
2 GB
$40/MO
LIMITED TIME OFFER UNTIL JUNE 6"
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 23, 2015
2249 posts
1538 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Ribbyx wrote: Yes and all of Canada should also have the same gas prices. Would you like to use our price here in Montreal as the set point? I guess not. So let us have our cheap cell phone plans, cause that is the only "bargain" you get by living in Quebec.
Eh? I'm looking at gas prices in Montreal on gasbuddy.com and gas is 105 cents today for you. I filled up yesterday for 108.
Jr. Member
Jan 24, 2015
136 posts
60 upvotes
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
SyCoQc wrote: On their website I see:

"UNLIMITED Minutes
+
2 GB
$40/MO
LIMITED TIME OFFER UNTIL JUNE 6"
I looked early and it wasn't here.
I just called and switched to the 2gb plan.
Thanks SyCoQc!
Sr. Member
Feb 9, 2011
792 posts
328 upvotes
BeapChastard wrote: Eh? I'm looking at gas prices in Montreal on gasbuddy.com and gas is 105 cents today for you. I filled up yesterday for 108.
Not sure where you see $1.05/lt in Mtl. Best your gonna get is 111.4. Not including Costco.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 23, 2015
2249 posts
1538 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Ribbyx wrote: Not sure where you see $1.05/lt in Mtl. Best your gonna get is 111.4. Not including Costco.
Even if that's true that's your government's fault so blame them.

On the other hand cell phone prices have nothing to do with the government.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 29, 2011
4960 posts
3099 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
Ribbyx wrote: Yes and all of Canada should also have the same gas prices. Would you like to use our price here in Montreal as the set point? I guess not. So let us have our cheap cell phone plans, cause that is the only "bargain" you get by living in Quebec.
We also have cheap automobile insurance
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 26, 2003
36186 posts
4672 upvotes
Winnipeg
sixer wrote: Not fair comparison from auto insurance perspective as Ontario actually has the Richest Accident Benefit Coverages in North America, period. If you're injured, you're looked after big time. Coincidentally, Quebec has the worst Accident Benefit Coverages of any province in Canada.

In terms of Cell Plans, we're just getting screwed in Ontario, we're not receiving anything extra for what we're paying.
ontario is special huh? lower coverage is good for everywhere outside of ontario but here we are too good for that. you buy into this insurance scam?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 26, 2003
36186 posts
4672 upvotes
Winnipeg
Ribbyx wrote: Yes and all of Canada should also have the same gas prices. Would you like to use our price here in Montreal as the set point? I guess not. So let us have our cheap cell phone plans, cause that is the only "bargain" you get by living in Quebec.
oh come on, everything except food is more expensive in ontario
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 22, 2005
7844 posts
1020 upvotes
Can you get this the same way as people get the MB/SK deals?

Top