[Koodo] FREE Long Distance International 1,000 Minutes Calling Add On (New & Existing / Non-Retention / Select Countries)
- February 9, 2020
I stumbled upon this by luck after hearing from Koodo store reps this weekend that they’re offering 1,000 long distance international minutes for free, as part of the Lunar New Year promo. They said it was for new customers and in-store only (which I always take with a grain of salt because they’re commission-based). So I called retention (4 times, for other reasons) and I wanted to test the limit. I was surprised to find out that they were able to add it for me, even on my existing account, with no questions asked. The experience was similar to asking for a 1GB add-on back in the old days. Retention informed me that this is a code anyone can add (even a regular tier 1 rep).
- $0 add on for both NEW & EXISTING customers
- 1,000 minutes of long distance calling to: Australia, Bangladesh, United Kingdom, Germany, China, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Mexico, Taiwan
- Anyone should be able to add for you, but if the rep is dumb, then escalate to loyalty & retention or hang up and schedule another callback
- No expiry no limitation no credit. Simply a $0 add-on that stays on your account until you make changes/upgrades (sometimes it can stay but no guarantees)
- The minutes usage are NOT TRACKABLE on Self Serve. You have to track it manually yourself
- Promo ends February 9, 2020 according to a retention rep in Montreal
How to get the deal?
Call Koodo. I believe the only way to get a call with Koodo now is to “schedule a callback” via Koodo Assist (https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help). TIP: If you type "Cancel" as your initial response and choose "schedule a callback" afterwards, Koodo will call you immediately. If there’s another way, please let me know. Mention about the Lunar New Year Promo 1,000 minute international add-on. They should be able to find the CODE to add it for you. Keep pushing as I’ve called numerous times and everyone was able to find it eventually (some take longer, while some knew right away).
You technically don’t need retention team to do it, but retention did it for mine. I added it for my account and my partner’s.
As always, YMMV so let us know your experience. Best of luck and happy calling internationally!