Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Free Year of Amazon Prime with New Koodo Activation

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2019 7:38 pm
Sep 4, 2009
283 posts
253 upvotes
Milton, ON

[Koodo] Free Year of Amazon Prime with New Koodo Activation

For anyone looking to sign up with koodo, you can get free year of Amazon Prime.

Sign-up with Koodo and get a year of Amazon Prime, on us.1

Just enter promo code
AMAZONPRIME
at checkout.

Valid from October 18 to 31, 2019.
You’ll receive your unique Amazon Prime membership code
in an email from us within 20 business days of your order delivery.

EDIT: Updated Footnote 1 - Thanks @JWL

The "1" footnote links to this:

With activations on Koodomobile.com, excluding Wireless Home Phone activations and prepaid activations. Offer valid from Oct 18 to Oct 31, 2019 11:59pm ET or while quantities last. You’ll receive your unique Amazon Prime membership code in an email from us within 20 business days of delivery. You must redeem your Amazon Prime membership codes and agree to the Amazon Prime Terms to qualify for an Amazon Prime membership.

Your Amazon Prime membership automatically renews for the membership fee in effect at the time of renewal plus applicable taxes. You may cancel at any time by visiting your account and adjusting the membership settings. Valid credit card required at time of registration if Amazon does not have one on file. Amazon Prime Membership codes cannot be transferred or resold. Promotion only applicable to an Amazon Prime membership on amazon.ca/prime - for more information about Amazon Prime, visit amazon.ca/prime. Amazon.ca is not a sponsor of this promotion.
Check terms and conditions at https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/common/terms.pg
Images
  • SmartSelect_20191018-131346_Chrome.jpg
Last edited by sekjai on Oct 18th, 2019 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
40 replies
Oct 20, 2017
270 posts
773 upvotes
Canuckticut
What would be the cheapest thing to get in order to qualify for this?
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11953 posts
3694 upvotes
Kingston
The "1" footnote links to this:

With activations on Koodomobile.com, excluding Wireless Home Phone activations and prepaid activations. Offer valid from Oct 18 to Oct 31, 2019 11:59pm ET or while quantities last. You’ll receive your unique Amazon Prime membership code in an email from us within 20 business days of delivery. You must redeem your Amazon Prime membership codes and agree to the Amazon Prime Terms to qualify for an Amazon Prime membership.

Your Amazon Prime membership automatically renews for the membership fee in effect at the time of renewal plus applicable taxes. You may cancel at any time by visiting your account and adjusting the membership settings. Valid credit card required at time of registration if Amazon does not have one on file. Amazon Prime Membership codes cannot be transferred or resold. Promotion only applicable to an Amazon Prime membership on amazon.ca/prime - for more information about Amazon Prime, visit amazon.ca/prime. Amazon.ca is not a sponsor of this promotion.
Check terms and conditions at https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/common/terms.pg
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13456 posts
12205 upvotes
XGonGiveItToYa wrote: What would be the cheapest thing to get in order to qualify for this?
$30 bring your device plan with 1GB data.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
hvwkzq wrote: Koodo churning still alive. Face With Tears Of Joy
This is worth 40 to 80 with many promos making it free. Hardly worth it imo.
Nov 7, 2017
616 posts
498 upvotes
Technically, it is not a good deal at all. Currently, koodo doesn't offer any good deals on their website. Buying the cheapest plan and having a credit hit doesn't worth the effort. People who wanted the prime membership already bought it, people who are not having it, would not be interested in this koodo offer
Feb 25, 2019
25 posts
15 upvotes
If or don’t want the deal, why point it out?

Thanks to the person posting, they never seem to get credit - always just stupid replies.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1816 posts
1994 upvotes
this has the potential to be hot depending on the deals they have for blackfriday. Too bad this code doesn't work for hardware upgrades on existing accounts. On a side note you can add a new line to your existing koodo account and that won't be a credit hit and then cancel it once you get the code. Now if that's worth it or not depends on you.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2650 posts
2189 upvotes
GTA
Too bad the "loyal" customers who have been with Koodo for a while do not get any incentives.

¸

- - - - -
;)
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
1999 posts
479 upvotes
Toronto
DragOnT wrote: Too bad the "loyal" customers who have been with Koodo for a while do not get any incentives.
Right??? I didn't even get to churn a phone before they changed it
Last edited by stanleylai on Oct 18th, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 13, 2019
270 posts
564 upvotes
Deal or more deal:
Get $5 off for 24 months when you bring your own phone.

Limited time offer. Offer ends Oct 20, 2019.
New Activations only. Available for Quebec residents only.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1565 posts
4058 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DragOnT wrote: Too bad the "loyal" customers who have been with Koodo for a while do not get any incentives.

It's sad but it's pretty much the same in a lot of industries. They already have you as a paying customer.
The stickiness tends to be higher in the industry so they focus on acquisition.

Consumer goods & retail is reverse of that. They spend a lot on customer stickiness because it's low industry-wide (unless you're Costco).
ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11614 posts
13934 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
michelangelo88 wrote: It's sad but it's pretty much the same in a lot of industries. They already have you as a paying customer.
The stickiness tends to be higher in the industry so they focus on acquisition.

Consumer goods & retail is reverse of that. They spend a lot on customer stickiness because it's low industry-wide (unless you're Costco).
+1
It’s amazing how many people on this forum don’t understand how new customer acquisition works.
Always someone crying “what about us loyal customers”.
Aug 25, 2017
416 posts
740 upvotes
Reminder if you have an old student email from college/university you can get six months of Amazon Prime for free, then once that expires a year subscription for 50% off. ($39/year)
Feb 15, 2018
251 posts
168 upvotes
zott23 wrote: Reminder if you have an old student email from college/university you can get six months of Amazon Prime for free, then once that expires a year subscription for 50% off. ($39/year)
Yeah I don't think this is true anymore. I have a student email on my prime. They switched me to full price 2y ago. I complained and they asked for proof of enrolment.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2019
1202 posts
884 upvotes
Brampton
zott23 wrote: Reminder if you have an old student email from college/university you can get six months of Amazon Prime for free, then once that expires a year subscription for 50% off. ($39/year)
Yeah i did that too
Mar 12, 2014
93 posts
99 upvotes
TORONTO
Cold af. If this was subbed in with the equivalent discount off some phone or a gift card, no one would even flinch.
Aug 25, 2017
416 posts
740 upvotes
tcelling wrote: Yeah I don't think this is true anymore. I have a student email on my prime. They switched me to full price 2y ago. I complained and they asked for proof of enrolment.
I only tried around the time Twitch Prime gave out a free year of Nintendo Online. My six months expired in September and I'm now enrolled for a year at the $39.00 price. Might be because I verified using my email more recently than you did though?

Also at the risk of going off topic, you can get Apple Music for $5/month with a student email too.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)