Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Good deal of Samsung Galaxy S8+ from TMS

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2017 7:58 pm
Dec 14, 2012
639 posts
840 upvotes
Ottawa

[Koodo] Good deal of Samsung Galaxy S8+ from TMS

If you are interested in Samsung Galaxy S8+, TMS has a pretty good deal, which is $100 lower than KOODO Webstore.
Just found it from TMS website. You need to walk in a store to find if they are in stock.
19 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
Is there a reason you specified Koodo even thoughit's twice the price of Telus/Bell/Rogers
Oct 1, 2013
288 posts
64 upvotes
EDMONTON
Overstep wrote: If you are interested in Samsung Galaxy S8+, TMS has a pretty good deal, which is $100 lower than KOODO Webstore.
Just found it from TMS website. You need to walk in a store to find if they are in stock.
Will try this afternoon.
Removed by the RFD Moderation Team
Jun 21, 2017
392 posts
439 upvotes
Ontario
Viper98 wrote: Is there a reason you specified Koodo even thoughit's twice the price of Telus/Bell/Rogers
You can buy out the Koodo tab and cancel without any additional fees. Can't cancel with Robellus without paying the full price of the phone.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1699 posts
999 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: Is there a reason you specified Koodo even thoughit's twice the price of Telus/Bell/Rogers
Assuming large tab, the phone ends up being 200+504 plus extra charges. With Telus/Bell/Rogers, You still pay full price for the phone if you cancel right away as they dont do a tab.
- Insert Something here so you will be able to recognize me.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2699 posts
442 upvotes
Toronto
Npno25 wrote: You can buy out the Koodo tab and cancel without any additional fees. Can't cancel with Robellus without paying the full price of the phone.
and there's an activation credit of 331$ which is why the "total cost" of the phone is lower compared to the other guys.
Last edited by AzNCrAzYcOoLeR on Dec 14th, 2017 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1174 posts
600 upvotes
Vancouver
Do they do a trade in credit ?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
2106 posts
3926 upvotes
Surrey
AzNCrAzYcOoLeR wrote: and there's an activation credit of 311$ which is why the "total cost" of the phone is lower compared to the other guys.
Where do u see the $311 credit from?
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2699 posts
442 upvotes
Toronto
jaksdj22 wrote: Where do u see the $311 credit from?
under tab large "Includes $331 in activation credits"
Dec 2, 2006
134 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know if Save the tax at RCS is applicable to mobile phone?
Nov 29, 2013
667 posts
1025 upvotes
TORONTO
gamelover wrote: Does anyone know if Save the tax at RCS is applicable to mobile phone?
Yes it is.
Nov 30, 2012
560 posts
737 upvotes
Burnaby
cymrules wrote: Yes it is.
Just pointing out the obvious that it applies only to the amount you pay upfront -- not on the Tab amount. So what you should do is ask them to bill you as much as possible upfront and minimize the amount remaining on the Tab -- the sales associates can do this but it seems to be ymmv how low the Tab amount can be set.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
5893 posts
42 upvotes
so this deal will be $100 plus tax more than the previous BF deal?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
2106 posts
3926 upvotes
Surrey
HelloGoodBuy wrote: Just pointing out the obvious that it applies only to the amount you pay upfront -- not on the Tab amount. So what you should do is ask them to bill you as much as possible upfront and minimize the amount remaining on the Tab -- the sales associates can do this but it seems to be ymmv how low the Tab amount can be set.
Just walked in to the tms , there is no deal going on, no pc points for koodo, no activation credit as well, that's so weird
Dec 2, 2006
134 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
jaksdj22 wrote: Just walked in to the tms , there is no deal going on, no pc points for koodo, no activation credit as well, that's so weird
Shouldn't it be $199 + Tab? Mind to share what's the actual cost? No PC points is okay since they are already the lowest. Also they have price match guarantee policy: https://www.themobileshop.ca/price-match-guarantee
Sep 7, 2016
94 posts
37 upvotes
So basically 300$ savings compared to buying out the phone from other carriers or through mfg?
Feb 26, 2011
280 posts
190 upvotes
Scarborough
Possible to pay off tab first and then get the 10GB plan?
Feb 13, 2009
74 posts
3 upvotes
razkaz248 wrote: So basically 300$ savings compared to buying out the phone from other carriers or through mfg?
erniefu wrote: Possible to pay off tab first and then get the 10GB plan?
^ Im also wondering the same thing and if i went with the 10gb plan for this phone, what the total cost would be?
First time going on tabs so im not sure how much it would be on tab vs paying outright
Aug 3, 2014
145 posts
95 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Can I port my fido number to this and cancel or change plan to $60 10gb plan right away?
May 1, 2011
747 posts
477 upvotes
Toronto
gamelover wrote: Shouldn't it be $199 + Tab? Mind to share what's the actual cost? No PC points is okay since they are already the lowest. Also they have price match guarantee policy: https://www.themobileshop.ca/price-match-guarantee

Actual price I paid was approx $350 upfront no tax including the SIM card and I owe a remaining $361 on my tab instead of $504.

They couldn’t go lower then $360 on the remaining tab or else the activation credits change.

Now just have to cancel with koodo and return the google xl2 I bought from Koodo last week lol.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)