• Apr 18th, 2020 2:03 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
14708 posts
3727 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario

[Koodo] Google Pixel 3a - $0 on Small Tab. Google Pixel 3a XL - $0 Medium Tab

Koodo has the Google Pixel 3a and 3a XL for $0 On Small and Medium Tab respectively. Now remember they use the phone credit system so no more churning phones. With the Pixel 4a releasing shortly, Google and Koodo are probably clearing out old stock. It's a solid midrange phone and it has the headphone jack too!
11 replies
Nov 22, 2015
671 posts
788 upvotes
Toronto
So if I am with Koodo on the $40/8GB how do I access the Tabs?
Aug 22, 2017
85 posts
170 upvotes
@Vasilyke you just add the phone as a tab because the $40/8gb plan is small tab eligible
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9864 posts
4790 upvotes
No GC No care
Telus $45 25GB
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1079 posts
366 upvotes
Victoria
$240 for a 3a on a tab small. That's pretty nice if you are on a Koodo migration plan, no current TAB and plan to keep your account active. I think I paid $399 outright for the one I bought for my wife from Google. I'd love to use my Koodo account for an iphone for my daughter, but there haven't been much for iphone deals for awhile now and I missed the last XS/XR deals. I might just have to pick this up for my son instead.
Aug 21, 2005
164 posts
54 upvotes
Edmonton
Probably better then pixel 3 XL.. still Google junk if your out of warranty.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
9004 posts
10280 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
McLaren__F1 wrote: No GC No care
Agree..in the old days with you wouldn’t have to worry about the $385 residual if you were to cancel. Now these need a sweeter like a GC.

It’s why I moveD to a Rogers EPP ...20gb infinite for $42/mth plus 99c/mth iPhone 7...which was offered for a couple days at beginning of the lockdown. Obviously that deal isn’t available now or to everyone. But Koodo’s fallen behind on offering relative value...either phone wise or data wise. Telus EPP aren’t that great either.

So with this offer, I’d want more juice.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13932 posts
4037 upvotes
VANCOUVER
cartfan123 wrote: Agree..in the old days with you wouldn’t have to worry about the $385 residual if you were to cancel. Now these need a sweeter like a GC.

It’s why I moveD to a Rogers EPP ...20gb infinite for $42/mth plus 99c/mth iPhone 7...which was offered for a couple days at beginning of the lockdown. Obviously that deal isn’t available now or to everyone. But Koodo’s fallen behind on offering relative value...either phone wise or data wise. Telus EPP aren’t that great either.

So with this offer, I’d want more juice.
Most people would not have access to EPP...
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13932 posts
4037 upvotes
VANCOUVER
ZoNeD wrote: Probably better then pixel 3 XL.. still Google junk if your out of warranty.
Why is it better than the XL? And isn't any phone junk if it breaks, when out of warranty?
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1417 posts
1564 upvotes
VANCOUVER
ZoNeD wrote: Probably better then pixel 3 XL.. still Google junk if your out of warranty.
??? Pixel 3a is about on par with the Pixel 2 not the 3 and especially not the 3XL. Pixel 3 & 3XL are significantly better in terms of performance, build quality, waterproofing, and they have wireless charging and have free unlimited photo and video backup. But all of these phones are now out of date so I would wait for the 4a or the Pixel 5
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2568 posts
3314 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I have a CPO 3XL (got it after the new upgrade/credit rules), wife has a 3a (got it under the old upgrade conditions), I'm gonna wait for the CPO 4 or 4XL to upgrade my wife's account.

Still gonna upvote this thread though as the Pixel 3a is still a great "bang for the buck" if you are happy with Koodo and see yourself staying for 24mths.
Aug 21, 2005
164 posts
54 upvotes
Edmonton
Rogido wrote: Why is it better than the XL? And isn't any phone junk if it breaks, when out of warranty?
I guess it depends what breaks but you probably right the moment you open these phones up nowadays something's going to be not the same.

I just think maybe the Excel had some very very serious design flaws, I had to myself and both the USB ports went on the both of them. I'm now in the land of Apple it may be a bittersweet reality to have to move over to iOS but honestly paying top dollar for something that doesn't even work a year after you bought it doesn't really sit well with me. My OG pixel works just fine no problems. But I can't recall a time where I had a problem with an Apple product they seem to have some kind of quality control.