• Sep 25th, 2018 2:04 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
25055 posts
11353 upvotes
Ottawa
hoob wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 1:06 pm
Just got my shipment confirmation for my SIM. Ordered on Saturday (.. maybe let's not go into details about official eligibility... ) and no verification call or anything, just confirm email within an hour and shipment email just now.

It so happens that on Saturday my work phone was stolen as well (shortly after I ordered the Koodo SIM) -- so my new corporate SIM (Bell, not Koodo) is on its way at the same time. It's a $50/10GB plan.

Plus still I have my free $0/3GB Fido plan, which I will stick back into the actual Fido LG tablet just in case I, errr.. want to wander outside at the beach with my tablet..

I gots gigs coming out of my mobile ears!!! I gotta start surfing more... Oh well it's almost Football Season and I just renewed my DAZN subscription. :D
Share the wealth and hotspot everyone around you :)
Aug 7, 2013
300 posts
65 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
vkizzle wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 1:13 pm
Were you trying with AMEX?
Some members had to switch from AMEX to MC or VISA.
Yes, that's exactly what I was trying. So if I go through this process again I'll get a second credit check hit on my score?
Oct 16, 2002
656 posts
349 upvotes
Kinata wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 10:43 am
The only thing I wasted was 15mins of my time. I walked into walmart and signed up for a PM number on a $8 plan ($10 - $2 promo). No activation fee, no sim card fee plus $25 credit. Pretty much got a phone plan for free for the next three months. No money out of pocket.

If i don't qualify for this 8gb/$45 plan, I may qualify for something else over the next 3 months.
I thought $25 credit is only for talk, text and data plans? "Activate any 30-day talk, text and data plan at Walmart by Sept 6th and get a one-time $25 account credit & free SIM card"
Oct 12, 2015
136 posts
77 upvotes
dealgetter91 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 1:04 pm
Koodo called me and asked if I wanted to add the new line to my existing account. I kept it as two separate accounts. Will be at the house in 2 days.

Then port to koodo pre paid. Then pre paid to new line.
I'm in the same situation. Just wondering, isn't it better to port to PM instead of Koodo pre-paid since Koodo sim isn't free? That's what I was gonna do; port to PM then to new line.
Sep 19, 2017
225 posts
93 upvotes
Moncton
I just took a fit and added one of the $120 tab pre-owned phones to the account I'd set up as BYOP for use as a secondary phone... happy to report that it was as simple as adding the phone to the cart, and confirming that I was staying with my current plan. I don't have order/shipping confirmation yet, but I am showing a $120 tab balance so I suspect it's gone though without any problems.

This should stand as confirmation for any of the previous questions about being able to add a phone+tab to a plan that was initially set up as BYOP. (Still pretty sure it's limited to small/medium tabs based on the relatively low $45 monthly bill).
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
25055 posts
11353 upvotes
Ottawa
JagStyles wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 1:16 pm
Yes, that's exactly what I was trying. So if I go through this process again I'll get a second credit check hit on my score?
I'm going to assume, without any personal experience that a failed transaction will not result in a credit check!
Feb 28, 2010
278 posts
34 upvotes
is porting from koodo monthly to public mobile back to another koodo monthly pretty much instant (like porting to koodo or telus prepaid back to koodo monthly?)

or am i locked out for 90 days porting back to koodo if i port to public mobile?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6162 posts
1019 upvotes
is it possible to port an existing Koodo number to this new $45 plan line?
Or do I have to port out, then back in?
Aug 13, 2016
95 posts
44 upvotes
sajjad365 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 1:21 pm
I'm in the same situation. Just wondering, isn't it better to port to PM instead of Koodo pre-paid since Koodo sim isn't free? That's what I was gonna do; port to PM then to new line.
Is there a wait when you port in/port out of PM?
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1538 posts
956 upvotes
Ottawa
dealgetter91 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 1:27 pm
I think it depends on who you're coming from. For me, moving two lines (one from Fido, one from Rogers), the porting process took less than an hour.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
25055 posts
11353 upvotes
Ottawa
dealgetter91 wrote:
Port in was within an hour for me.
Aug 10, 2001
762 posts
117 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Zaptor99 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 11:48 am
I ordered (legally) Saturday early afternoon, and just got my shipment email.

$45 8GB Unltd min Plan SFD

What does SFD stand for?
Order Saturday morning. Still waiting. Waiting is the killer :)

Not sure what SFD is.
Aug 7, 2013
300 posts
65 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
vkizzle wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 1:25 pm
I'm going to assume, without any personal experience that a failed transaction will not result in a credit check!
I'm pretty sure they did another hit... I was able to successfully place the order online this time with a VISA card. Just waiting on shipping confirmation. I'm not an existing PM account holder but my buddy who is offered me up his PM number for activation to take advantage of the $45/8GB plan. Fingers crossed.

It may have been asked already but does my friend lose out in any way on possible future promotions as a result of his referral?
Oct 12, 2015
136 posts
77 upvotes
dealgetter91 wrote:
There's no wait to port in. I got two PM with new number and ported in same day. Similarly, I cannot find anywhere on PM community/forum that there's a wait period to port-out.

Technically, PM is "pre-paid" for life, so they can't enforce a "wait to port out". Just my two cents.
Aug 13, 2016
95 posts
44 upvotes
cappaj wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 1:28 pm
I think it depends on who you're coming from. For me, moving two lines (one from Fido, one from Rogers), the porting process took less than an hour.
vkizzle wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 1:29 pm
Port in was within an hour for me.
sajjad365 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 1:33 pm
There's no wait to port in. I got two PM with new number and ported in same day. Similarly, I cannot find anywhere on PM community/forum that there's a wait period to port-out.

Technically, PM is "pre-paid" for life, so they can't enforce a "wait to port out". Just my two cents.
Thanks!!