[Koodo] Hot! EVEN BETTER OFFER NOW, LINK IN POST

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2018 2:04 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
1719 posts
694 upvotes
GTA
The lady from Canada Post just delivered my package. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
¸

- - - - -
;)
Jun 30, 2013
580 posts
239 upvotes
GTA
JagStyles wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 3:23 pm
So what happens to those people that wrongly used someone else's PM number and on check out selected "Port Number". I can see this happening on a few occasions where people accidentally select "PORT NUMBER" instead of "NEW NUMBER".
Porting is not possible without account number and/or PIN, processes vary with different providers
Last edited by pazivai on Aug 14th, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I only response to real deals, otherwise I am blank
  1. Koodo 40/8 Line 1
  2. PM 50/8 N/American Talk Line 3
  3. Koodo 40.5/8 Line 2
  4. Koodo 40/8 Line 4

Self Referral Tips for Koodo - https://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-3 ... #p29790634
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1648 posts
1049 upvotes
Ottawa
pazivai wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 3:28 pm
Porting is not possible without account number and PIN
This is nitpicky, but I'd change that "and" to "or" - I'm pretty sure when I ported from Fido to PM, I just needed to give my account number (it was an option to instead give my PIN - and there was a third option too, I forget what it was - but you only had to give one of the three).
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Dec 15, 2017
182 posts
98 upvotes
thehabs24 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 2:51 pm
I need to port my current number out of Koodo to prepaid and back. Anybody have a link to the steps for this? Doesn't seem clear to me.
1. Make sure the new plan ($45/8gb) is activated on your existing account as a new line (this avoids setting up another account and having them run a second credit check, unless this is how you want to go about it.)

2. Go visit a Koodo kiosk and purchase a perpaid sim card. If they ask you if you want to activate it in store just kindly say no, you will do it at home yourself. I always just tell them the card is not for me and they don't really ask anything else.

3. Follow the instructions included with the prepaid sim to log on and activate it. During the activation process, choose the option to port a number. This is where you port in your current Koodo postpaid number. This will then close out that line from your postpaid account, but if you followed my step #1, your account will remain active with the new $45 plan and temp number.

4. Once your prepaid account is active, log back into self serve and choose the "Mobile Options" link under your account.

5. Choose to change your number, and on the following pages choose the option to port a number over and replace your existing one. This is where you can then port back in to postpaid the number you just ported out to prepaid.

I've done this once before with the $49/6gb Quebec plan and it worked flawlessly. Let me know if anything here does not make sense, I tried to explain it as best as I could without actually going through the process again myself.
Jun 30, 2013
580 posts
239 upvotes
GTA
cappaj wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 3:29 pm
This is nitpicky, but I'd change that "and" to "or" - I'm pretty sure when I ported from Fido to PM, I just needed to give my account number (it was an option to instead give my PIN - and there was a third option too, I forget what it was - but you only had to give one of the three).
Thanks for the correction, yes, elements varies among providers, post updated
I only response to real deals, otherwise I am blank
  1. Koodo 40/8 Line 1
  2. PM 50/8 N/American Talk Line 3
  3. Koodo 40.5/8 Line 2
  4. Koodo 40/8 Line 4

Self Referral Tips for Koodo - https://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-3 ... #p29790634
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1648 posts
1049 upvotes
Ottawa
jdown077 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 3:30 pm
1. Make sure the new plan ($45/8gb) is activated on your existing account as a new line (this avoids setting up another account and having them run a second credit check, unless this is how you want to go about it.)

2. Go visit a Koodo kiosk and purchase a perpaid sim card. If they ask you if you want to activate it in store just kindly say no, you will do it at home yourself. I always just tell them the card is not for me and they don't really ask anything else.

3. Follow the instructions included with the prepaid sim to log on and activate it. During the activation process, choose the option to port a number. This is where you port in your current Koodo postpaid number. This will then close out that line from your postpaid account, but if you followed my step #1, your account will remain active with the new $45 plan and temp number.

4. Once your prepaid account is active, log back into self serve and choose the "Mobile Options" link under your account.

5. Choose to change your number, and on the following pages choose the option to port a number over and replace your existing one. This is where you can then port back in to postpaid the number you just ported out to prepaid.

I've done this once before with the $49/6gb Quebec plan and it worked flawlessly. Let me know if anything here does not make sense, I tried to explain it as best as I could without actually going through the process again myself.
This should be added to the thread summary as an addendum or appendix or whatever, so that when people ask every three pages "how do I do that?" we can say "look at the thread summary!"
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8078 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
cappaj wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 3:16 pm
I don't know, a bunch of people on this thread said you can also do it by porting to Koodo prepaid.
Can confirm, post to prepaid and vice versa works. That was exactly what I did years ago to churn a phone on a positive tab and move my phone from $55/5GB to $48/5GB. They're separate systems.
Jan 25, 2017
70 posts
41 upvotes
Has anyone that ordered on Sunday gotten their confirmation yet?
Jan 26, 2012
188 posts
22 upvotes
BRAMPTON
jdown077 wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 3:30 pm

Any way to take advantage of a referral in between these steps?
Oct 1, 2006
417 posts
68 upvotes
Scarborough, Ontario
hidlss wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 3:32 pm
Confirmation of the order yes. But the order status is still "being verified". Hoping for an answer today or tomorrow...
Dec 15, 2017
182 posts
98 upvotes
hidlss wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 3:32 pm
My confirmation came immediately after the order was placed on Sunday afternoon. I then received the shipping email last night around 5pm est. The sim shipped this morning and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, but requires a signature, so I likely won't get it until Thursday from the local post office.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8078 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
crownroyal wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 3:34 pm
Not much point unless you get someone to help you. You can't self-refer in this case because your originating post-paid account is cancelled in the process. And a bit tedious since you need separate self-serve emails instead of adding a line.
Dec 15, 2017
182 posts
98 upvotes
crownroyal wrote:
Aug 14th, 2018 3:34 pm
The only way would be if prepaid offers referrals? I'm not sure if they do or not. The only "new" account you're creating is the prepaid one if following my steps. The postpaid account would remain the same. If you activate the new sim onto a new Koodo postpaid account, then I'm sure you could use referrals with that sign up process, however I've never done it personally so I'm not 100%.
Aug 7, 2013
412 posts
84 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
If we wanted to port our own number from another carrier/line, is this done at the time of activating the new sim card? or do we need to activate the sim card first and then go into self-serve to do the porting?
Aug 21, 2003
374 posts
26 upvotes
Ordered shortly after midnight on Saturday and received shipping confirmation about 1/2 hour ago.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)