[Koodo] Hot! EVEN BETTER OFFER NOW, LINK IN POST

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2018 2:04 pm
Jul 14, 2018
186 posts
245 upvotes
Vickel wrote:
Aug 21st, 2018 6:24 pm
What is everyone using to port out and back in?

Koodo prepaid or public mobile?
Public is actually cheaper.
4sorjai wrote:
Aug 21st, 2018 6:30 pm
Cheapest way is probably still porting to bell sim and back by getting sim online on ebay
Posters have said that when porting out to non-koodo, the number is still in the system so you can't port back in for like 90 days or something.
Apr 13, 2016
123 posts
63 upvotes
NinjaSaves wrote:
Aug 21st, 2018 6:35 pm
Public is actually cheaper.

Posters have said that when porting out to non-koodo, the number is still in the system so you can't port back in for like 90 days or something.
do you know how long it takes to port out and back in when using the public mobile method?
Jan 27, 2007
559 posts
374 upvotes
Reminder, this promo officially ends today, Aug 21.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
2751 posts
1158 upvotes
Mississauga
redflag0 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2018 6:37 pm
do you know how long it takes to port out and back in when using the public mobile method?
I wouldn't recommend public for porting out from Koodo and back in
I love RFD! :)
Nov 21, 2006
47 posts
42 upvotes
I’m stuck weather I should go with Give me a new number or Transfer my current number. I’m currently with PM but it will not expire until early November.

I don’t want to port my number now or I’ll lose what I have paid to PM.
May 26, 2011
212 posts
355 upvotes
Winnipeg
I chose to provide new number, then later ported in from TELUS 10GB/$60 plan. Got referral approval for $50 after providing final ported number.
Koodo/Zoomer/Koho/Remitly
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2011
1374 posts
175 upvotes
Calgary
I am trying to get the referral but got this message :

"Heads-up: If you're moving your number from another provider, please wait until Koodo officially confirms that it has been fully transferred before filling in your phone number below. You will receive a text message from Koodo when your new number is ready.

Koodo Phone Number:
403801xxx
My phone number is fully transferred to Koodo"

I too wanted to port later like in 2 weeks. Is this going to be a problem if I input the phone number Koodo gave me with the SIM vs my PM number that I'm going to port later? Will this mess up my referral?

I thought we could activate and get the referral going and just port the number at a later date. What a gong show.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2011
1374 posts
175 upvotes
Calgary
tetazoo wrote:
Aug 21st, 2018 7:40 pm
I chose to provide new number, then later ported in from TELUS 10GB/$60 plan. Got referral approval for $50 after providing final ported number.
So for the referral you put in the eventual number you were planning to port? How much later did you port over?

I already received the activation email and got my sim. I signed up for self serve using the phone number associated with the sim - no choice as that was the only Koodo number I have since I haven't ported yet.

I'm trying to process my referral but now I'm confused as to which number to use. I wanted to port in a couple of weeks so I could use up my PM data.

Can't I just get the referral with the Koodo phone number that came with the sim? Why do they care if change (port) the number at a later date?

AFAIK the referral should be associated with the account not necessarily the phone number?
Apr 5, 2016
571 posts
1173 upvotes
BC
kotoula wrote:
Aug 21st, 2018 7:42 pm
I am trying to get the referral but got this message :

"Heads-up: If you're moving your number from another provider, please wait until Koodo officially confirms that it has been fully transferred before filling in your phone number below. You will receive a text message from Koodo when your new number is ready.

Koodo Phone Number:
403801xxx
My phone number is fully transferred to Koodo"

I too wanted to port later like in 2 weeks. Is this going to be a problem if I input the phone number Koodo gave me with the SIM vs my PM number that I'm going to port later? Will this mess up my referral?

I thought we could activate and get the referral going and just port the number at a later date. What a gong show.
Don't enter ANY phone number for the referral until the port is completed. Only then do you enter the ported phone number for the referral. You can do this in 2 weeks from now without an issue. You have to complete everything though within 30 days maximum.
Koodo $40/6GB + $45/10GB Public Mobile $8/50min Shaw 150 Tangerine Bank
I have provided consulting services to Bell, Virgin, Rogers, Fido, Telus and Koodo, as well as many major financial institutions in Canada.
Apr 5, 2016
571 posts
1173 upvotes
BC
Step by step instructions for REFERRALS / PORTING

Click on the referral link provided by your friend, or by searching Koodo Referral Reddit in Google
1) Click REDEEM NOW
2) Enter your Full Name and Email Address
3) Click the 2 check boxes, and Press Submit
4) Then don't do anything and definitely do NOT enter a phone number.

WAITING STAGE / SELF-SERVE
Do not try to create a self-serve account yet! Wait for an email from Koodo with the subject "Koodo Activation"
During this time, Koodo might call you. If they do they will ask why you aren't porting in. Tell them exactly this:
"I will port in my line afterwards because I don't want to lose my PM credits and I want to use the prepaid services I paid for as long as I can. Also, say, I didn't want to complicate the Porting process and feel more comfortable doing it by myself at a time I feel comfortable."

PHONE NUMBER ACTIVATED
Once your new phone number is activated (which will probably take a week or two), you will then create your self-serve account. You will know your phone number is activated because Koodo will email you and provide you with a contract with the new phone number. *Please note, that the contract MAY contain the wrong plan. Don't stress out, they will change it within a day or so, and you will get a notification email telling you that.

SIM CARD SHIPPING
Sometime before or after the previous stage you will receive your SIM Card (depending on shipping speed). The SIM Card is useless until the line is activated which Koodo will do and email you about.

PORTING
After your line is active with your new Koodo number, and you've created your self-serve account, you will then login to self-serve and Port over your desired PM (main line) number. Do NOT call in for help with porting.

REFERRAL
After ALL the above is done, find the email from Koodo with subject "Activate now to get your rewards!"
Then click on "Provide Phone Number" and enter your PM Ported Main Number.
Last edited by ChiliPalmer on Aug 21st, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have provided consulting services to Bell, Virgin, Rogers, Fido, Telus and Koodo, as well as many major financial institutions in Canada.
Apr 5, 2016
571 posts
1173 upvotes
BC
jigz787 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2018 7:56 pm
Ordered on Friday noon Aug 17 and I can still place a new order online with the same PM number.. Which makes me think that Koodo hasn't even touched my order yet.
They haven't. They have only *touched it* when the either call you with questions, or send you an email titled "Koodo Activation" which includes your phone number and a PDF copy of your contract. See my post above.
Apr 2, 2016
267 posts
187 upvotes
I just called Koodo. They are willing to give me the PM referral credits on my account which is approximately $80.

I haven't activated the SIM or my account. Can I get a referral credit somehow? Any advice would help. Please PM me or tell me the steps.

I don't currently have an existing account so I can't self-refer.

Rep said he will call back in 30 minutes. Seems eager to close the deal. Will try to push for $40 6gb migration offer although I have the $45 8gb offer that the sim was shipped through.
May 26, 2011
212 posts
355 upvotes
Winnipeg
ChiliPalmer wrote:
Aug 21st, 2018 7:49 pm
Don't enter ANY phone number for the referral until the port is completed. Only then do you enter the ported phone number for the referral. You can do this in 2 weeks from now without an issue. You have to complete everything though within 30 days maximum.
Definitely only enter final ported number.
May 26, 2011
212 posts
355 upvotes
Winnipeg
kotoula wrote:
Aug 21st, 2018 7:49 pm
So for the referral you put in the eventual number you were planning to port? How much later did you port over?

I already received the activation email and got my sim. I signed up for self serve using the phone number associated with the sim - no choice as that was the only Koodo number I have since I haven't ported yet.

I'm trying to process my referral but now I'm confused as to which number to use. I wanted to port in a couple of weeks so I could use up my PM data.

Can't I just get the referral with the Koodo phone number that came with the sim? Why do they care if change (port) the number at a later date?

AFAIK the referral should be associated with the account not necessarily the phone number?
My referral was through a family member with koodo.
You’ll be getting a series of email notices from koodo regarding the referral. The final one will be one stating Congrats -xxxx! The reward will be paid out in 5 monthly installments of $10 each, for a total of $50 in bill credits. Please allow 8 weeks for the first credit to appear in your account.
Aug 8, 2012
149 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
BengaliPrince wrote:
Aug 21st, 2018 6:21 pm
They can do either
Thanks. I went to Walmart and the guy knew what $0 2gb add-on I was talking about. I got him to port my PM number over for this $45/8gb plan, so I'm paying in total $45 for 10gb permanently. Even though I'm not getting the $10 per month credit for 12 months like that Saskatchewan deal, at least this way I keep a legit Ontario plan and hence can still get a tab deal in the future or call customer service without worrying about being forced to change to an in-province plan.

I was lucky since this is the last day for this plan and he was just about to close up for the day. I'm pretty sure the add-on can only be done through Walmart, and he said that it has to be through adding a new line to an existing Koodo account