• Sep 25th, 2018 2:04 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1779 posts
1193 upvotes
Ottawa
wing0 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2018 4:59 pm
I just left Koodo yesterday and I didn't get the text....maybe I should have left earlier lol
You can still go onto Koodo's site and try the code - it'll ask or your PM phone number to verify if you qualify.

Which I did with an S9 in my cart and it seemed to work - but then didn't offer this deal as a plan option? Quite possible the issue is with me, I get confused on Koodo's site every time I try to test these codes. I tried doing it with just a SIM card, but it told me this code is not available for BYOP?
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18769 posts
5482 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Still perfectly happy staying on the $30 something dollar 12GB public mobile plan myself. I don't ever come remotely close to exhausting the 12gb over 90 days, the extra flexibility of the 90 day roll over is nice.

Wonder when they're going to take another stab at increasing plan fees for this "no surprises" guaranteed plan....
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3569 posts
575 upvotes
Mississauga
cappaj wrote:
Aug 7th, 2018 5:01 pm
You can still go onto Koodo's site and try the code - it'll ask or your PM phone number to verify if you qualify.

Which I did with an S9 in my cart and it seemed to work - but then didn't offer this deal as a plan option? Quite possible the issue is with me, I get confused on Koodo's site every time I try to test these codes. I tried doing it with just a SIM card, but it told me this code is not available for BYOP?
I tried and phone number is now eligible.
Also, it requires tab small and cannot take tab medium phones like previous $40/6GB offer.
Dec 29, 2016
21 posts
1 upvote
Can confirm. Switched from Koodo to Public on July 26th. Previously on $60/10GB. Ontario.
Aug 6, 2018
16 posts
17 upvotes
Only problem is that its probably restricted to a BYOD or at best, Small or Medium tab.

I like my $55/8GB plan because it allows me to get Tab Large devices.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1297 posts
823 upvotes
Land
lol, i see in the near future, PM sweeping koodo off the floor again with a sweeter deal :-)
Last edited by fonzy35 on Aug 7th, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1075 posts
873 upvotes
GTA
fonzy35 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2018 5:08 pm
lol, i see in the near future, PM sweeping koodo from the floor again with a sweeter deal :-)
I spoke to a Koodo representative a week ago and he said Koodo/Telus's vision is to eventually shut down PM and have everybody port over to Koodo. I'm not sure how much validity this piece of information has but it sure looks like that's the direction they're going. I didn't ask about this either, he volunteered the information after telling me one of the best ways to get a good plan from Koodo is to join PM first.
Aug 17, 2016
21 posts
9 upvotes
Wish it was the 40$ 6gb deal. 8gb is too much. No thanks. Also I don't want a tab. I want BYOP...
Jul 18, 2018
33 posts
25 upvotes
bilal684 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2018 5:10 pm
Wish it was the 40$ 6gb deal. 8gb is too much. No thanks. Also I don't want a tab. I want BYOP...
I'm pretty sure the one I was offered doesn't require a tab. Phone number based YMMV?
edit: I checked and mine also requires a small tab. I'd suggest trying to go to a local kiosk to attempt switching to this offer without a tab.
Last edited by Tazuwan on Aug 7th, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $40/4.5GB
Public Mobile $40/4.5GB
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16249 posts
6247 upvotes
Oakville
Slono wrote:
Aug 7th, 2018 5:10 pm
I spoke to a Koodo representative a week ago and he said Koodo/Telus's vision is to eventually shut down PM and have everybody port over to Koodo. I'm not sure how much validity this piece of information has but it sure looks like that's the direction they're going. I didn't ask about this either, he volunteered the information after telling me one of the best ways to get a good plan from Koodo is to join PM first.
Yeah, Koodo reps have been supposedly saying that for months/years, but then PM comes out with another sweet promo plan clearly aimed at getting a bunch more people onboard (and you always see a ton of Koodo folk in every thread jumping ship, hoping for one of these winback offers). If they were planning on shutting down PM, you'd think they'd stop offering good promo plans on PM entirely.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Oct 24, 2006
133 posts
20 upvotes
Courtice, ON
Tazuwan wrote:
Aug 7th, 2018 4:46 pm
I received the same offer via text from Koodo today with a 2 week expiration. I switched from Koodo to Public Mobile 2 weeks back for the 40$/4.5GB promo. I had made it very clear to both customer loyalty in call and in written feedback that I was interested in the 40$/6GB plan and was switching because it was not available to me.
I am on the $60/10GB plan.

1) Did you tried to negotiate UP or DOWN to the 40$/6GB plan?
2) How was Public Mobile while you were there?
Sep 8, 2013
393 posts
95 upvotes
North York
wearysky wrote:
Aug 7th, 2018 5:14 pm
Yeah, Koodo reps have been supposedly saying that for months/years, but then PM comes out with another sweet promo plan clearly aimed at getting a bunch more people onboard (and you always see a ton of Koodo folk in every thread jumping ship, hoping for one of these winback offers). If they were planning on shutting down PM, you'd think they'd stop offering good promo plans on PM entirely.
Is PM just 3G speed now? I haven't really seen any LTE deals from them since the 40/4GB one.
(1) Koodo 6GB $40/month plan.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1028 posts
931 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I also got the text roughly about 2 weeks after switching. If there is a good Walmart gift card deal or similar at WOW or TMS, I will switch, pay the tab right away and end up with a free phone. However, my PM plan is cheaper at $37/mo and still have $65 credit left. Anyway to utilize those credits? I am in such a dilemma.
Koodo $40 8GB
Aug 12, 2015
147 posts
64 upvotes
Concord, ON
I received the 4gb / $40 migration offer before. didn't bother to activate it so I just let it expire. I never received 8gb / $45 offer, but tried the code today anyways and it worked. So even if you didn't receive the offer, you can still try your number on Koodo's website. You never know.
Unfortunately, the code only works for tab small whereas the old offer worked with tab medium.